SURVEY: Do you want Trump to finish his first term?

Scott

SURVEY: Do you WANT Trump to finish his first term?  

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

35 minutes ago, bushdoctor said:

That is not violating the first amendment, it’s enjoying it’s freedoms. You and I are free to claim Fox or CNN reports fake news because of the first amendment. The president it’s entitled to his first amendment rights as well. 

On the other hand, stopping free speech does violate the first amendment, yet that’s what many on the left like to do. 

Yes the right to free speech is guaranteed by the first amendment. But there is no amendment to the constitution that establishes a right to be respected. Given Trump's constant and unrelenting lies and personal attacks virtually every day, how much respect is he entitled to?

And whenever some writes that "many" of a certain group engage in some kind of objectionable behavior, you know that what they are spouting is essentially empty vilification. In a country with a population of 350 million, "many" is virtually useless as a qualification..

12 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Yes the right to free speech is guaranteed by the first amendment. But there is no amendment to the constitution that establishes a right to be respected. Given Trump's constant and unrelenting lies and personal attacks virtually every day, how much respect is he entitled to?

And whenever some writes that "many" of a certain group engage in some kind of objectionable behavior, you know that what they are spouting is essentially empty vilification. In a country with a population of 350 million, "many" is virtually useless as a qualification..

Finally a voice of reason. I understand many on the left despise Trump, but he is not violating the first amendment.

My use of the word many is so as not to accuse all leftists. As I pointed out earlier, many universities do it, groups like ANTIFA, and most recently Maxine Waters. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bushdoctor said:

Finally a voice of reason. I understand many on the left despise Trump, but he is not violating the first amendment.

My use of the word many is so as not to accuse all leftists. As I pointed out earlier, many universities do it, groups like ANTIFA, and most recently Maxine Waters. 

"Meanwhile, the “disinvitation database” created by the Foundation for Individual Rights in Education (FIRE), a watchdog group that promotes and protects free expression on campus, tracks the attempts of students to disinvite or prevent campus speakers. The database contains just 35 disinvitation attempts in 2017, down from 43 in 2016. At this point in 2018, there have been just five attempts, one of which was spearheaded by a conservative campus group. As Sachs rightly points out, in a country with roughly 4,700 colleges and universities, disinvitation attempts — let alone successful disinvitation attempts — remain quite rare."

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/are-liberal-college-students-creating-free-speech-crisis-not-according-ncna858906

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, bushdoctor said:

How did Maxine Waters trample on the first amendment?

1 hour ago, bushdoctor said:

That is not violating the first amendment, it’s enjoying it’s freedoms. You and I are free to claim Fox or CNN reports fake news because of the first amendment. The president it’s entitled to his first amendment rights as well. 

On the other hand, stopping free speech does violate the first amendment, yet that’s what many on the left like to do. 

Defaming someone with a lie is not free speech, it is slander.  Trump is a slanderous SOB.  Since Trump made the term SOB "Presidential", I assume he won't object to it being used to describe him.

When one takes public office, one loses the right to lie like a drunk in a bar.  Someone needs to explain this to Trump.

Edited by heybruce
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

How did Maxine Waters trample on the first amendment?

I’m confident you already know. But for those who might actually not....when she urged that Trump administration officials should not be allow to go anywhere in public. 

“If you see anybody from that Cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd and you push back on them, and you tell them they’re not welcome any more, anywhere.

We can not isolate a group of people and prevent them from buying gas for example. 

The liberals, who claim tolerance seem to be the most intolerant in this process.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bushdoctor said:

"While we must recognise, and are sensitive to, the President's personal First Amendment rights, he cannot exercise those rights in a way that infringes the corresponding First Amendment rights of those who have criticised him," Judge Buchwald said."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-05-24/donald-trump-blocking-twitter-users-violates-free-speech/9794294

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bushdoctor said:

I’m confident you already know. But for those who might actually not....when she urged that Trump administration officials should not be allow to go anywhere in public. 

“If you see anybody from that Cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd and you push back on them, and you tell them they’re not welcome any more, anywhere.

We can not isolate a group of people and prevent them from buying gas for example. 

The liberals, who claim tolerance seem to be the most intolerant in this process.

How is this different from Trump telling his supporters to attack anti-Trump protesters and offering to pay their legal bills if they do?

Note to anyone considering doing this, Trump is notorious for not making promised payments.

Politics is the art of ambiguity. The strongs lie and the weaks try to cling to their Truth.

Putin lies, and needs to deny

while Trump is a compulsive affabulator.  

Edited by Opl
  • Thanks 1

I think it's even worse than that. I think "trump" fans know perfectly well that they're lies but they don't even care and they're enjoying living in the "trump" world alternative fake reality. Face it, the American democracy is in serious danger, and it may already be too late.

19 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I think it's even worse than that. I think "trump" fans know perfectly well that they're lies but they don't even care and they're enjoying living in the "trump" world alternative fake reality. Face it, the American democracy is in serious danger, and it may already be too late.

… " Trump’s Worst Nightmare Comes True As Stormy Daniels’ Lawyer Threatens To Run Against Him"

https://www.politicususa.com/2018/07/04/trumps-worst-nightmare-comes-true-as-stormy-daniels-lawyer-threatens-to-run-against-him.html

P1XFvbc2_normal.jpg

When are you announcing your 2020 run?

IF (big) he seeks re-election, I will run, but only if I think that there is no other candidate in the race that has a REAL chance at beating him. We can't relive 2016. I love this country, our values and our people too much to sit by while they are destroyed. #FightClub #Basta

Edited by Opl

20 minutes ago, Opl said:

… " Trump’s Worst Nightmare Comes True As Stormy Daniels’ Lawyer Threatens To Run Against Him"

https://www.politicususa.com/2018/07/04/trumps-worst-nightmare-comes-true-as-stormy-daniels-lawyer-threatens-to-run-against-him.html

P1XFvbc2_normal.jpg

When are you announcing your 2020 run?

IF (big) he seeks re-election, I will run, but only if I think that there is no other candidate in the race that has a REAL chance at beating him. We can't relive 2016. I love this country, our values and our people too much to sit by while they are destroyed. #FightClub #Basta

I think Avenatti will be the running mate of an experienced democrat. That way Avenatti can get down in the gutter with Trump, while the real candidate can focus on actual policy plans. Win-win. 

• Like 1

"trump" -- making America a banana republic again. "trump" fans are not only opposing democrats, they are actively working to degrade our American DEMOCRACY. Happy 4th.

One-third of the world’s population lives in a declining democracy. That includes the United States.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2018/07/03/one-third-of-the-worlds-population-lives-in-a-declining-democracy-that-includes-americans/

Don’t worry about it so much. Enjoy your day. Trump can be voted out in a little over 2 years if that’s the will of the people. 

Conservatives had to live with President Obama for 8 years. That’s just how it works. 

2 hours ago, bushdoctor said:

Don’t worry about it so much. Enjoy your day. Trump can be voted out in a little over 2 years if that’s the will of the people. 

Conservatives had to live with President Obama for 8 years. That’s just how it works. 

That's some kind of sick joke. It wasn't the will of the people to elect "trump" in the first place.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, bushdoctor said:

I'm confident you truncated the quote in order to make it sound like she was advocating physical contact. Here is the quote in full:

"If you see anybody from that cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd. You push back on them. Tell them they’re not welcome anymore, anywhere!"

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

I'm confident you truncated the quote in order to make it sound like she was advocating physical contact. Here is the quote in full:

"If you see anybody from that cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd. You push back on them. Tell them they’re not welcome anymore, anywhere!"

Not sure what you mean. I included the quote in my post. 

Edited by bushdoctor

5 minutes ago, bushdoctor said:

I included the quote in my post. 

And I'm absolutely confident that I was in error.

So the quote shows she's not advocating physical violence. Unlike a certain person who is now POTUS.

And that Trump lied about what she said. Which doesn't seem to bother you in the least. Inured much?

Edited by bristolboy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, bristolboy said:

And I'm absolutely confident that I was in error.

So the quote shows she's not advocating physical violence. Unlike a certain person who is now POTUS.

Also mentioned in my post....

“We can not isolate a group of people and prevent them from buying gas for example.”

The owner of the Red Hen, as an owner was within her rights to refuse service, but it is not within the law to prevent someone from buying gas, go shopping, or eat in a restaraunt that wants their business. 

Just now, bushdoctor said:

“We can not isolate a group of people and prevent them from buying gas for example.”

The owner of the Red Hen, as an owner was within her rights to refuse service, but it is not within the law to prevent someone from buying gas, go shopping, or eat in a restaraunt that wants their business. 

Is that what she said? Did she advocate physically blocking people?  Are you going to join Trump in creating an alternate version of reality?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Is that what she said? Did she advocate physically blocking people?  Are you going to join Trump in creating an alternate version of reality?

Thats what it sounds like to me, yes. She said it after the Red Hen incident. It might be better to ask a judge that question. 

There are also law against stalking and harassment. She is asking for people to harass them for their political beliefs. Because she doesn’t agree with them. 

Several federal appellate courts have rejected challenges to anti-stalking statutes, when the challenges were based on free speech as protected by the First Amendment. The reason given by the courts for rejecting this challenge, in general, is that the statute bars conduct and is not addressed primarily to speech

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, bushdoctor said:

Trump’s failed policies are driving gas prices up.

Putting the price of gas up is as good a way of preventing people buying it as any.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Trump’s failed policies are driving gas prices up.

Putting the price of gas up is as good a way of preventing people buying it as any.

Speaking of oil prices, Trump is getting desperate.  He's freakin demanding that OPEC reduce prices now!  (what a boob)

https://nypost.com/2018/07/04/trump-tells-opec-to-reduce-oil-prices-now/

But like almost everything that the bozo does, it may have an opposite effect...

[Trump’s interventions with tweets “unsettle” the market and appear to have pushed prices up, Standard Chartered Plc energy analyst Emily Ashford and head of commodities research Paul Horsnell wrote in a note Tuesday. With oil prices rising ahead of U.S. November midterm elections, Trump has tweeted his frustration three times to no avail.]

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-07-03/trump-tweets-do-more-harm-than-good-to-oil-prices-stanchart

• Like 2

On 6/29/2018 at 11:59 PM, MrPatrickThai said:

I never did, have you been drinking? get out and have some fun instead of being obssessed with your 2 or three friends on this thread. Maybe the same person.

Kettle, pot, black. 

A good troll doesn't attack issues head-on, he tries to bury it with distractions or change the subject.

This post isn't about Maxine Waters, Hillary or Bill Clinton, President Obama, or anything but Trump and reasons why he should or shouldn't finish his first term.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bushdoctor said:

Thats what it sounds like to me, yes. She said it after the Red Hen incident. It might be better to ask a judge that question. 

There are also law against stalking and harassment. She is asking for people to harass them for their political beliefs. Because she doesn’t agree with them. 

Several federal appellate courts have rejected challenges to anti-stalking statutes, when the challenges were based on free speech as protected by the First Amendment. The reason given by the courts for rejecting this challenge, in general, is that the statute bars conduct and is not addressed primarily to speech

Not stalking:

Stalking

Criminal activity consisting of the repeated following and harassing of another person.Stalking is a distinctive form of criminal activity composed of a series of actions that taken individually might constitute legal behavior.