MRT Blue Line terminating at Bang Sue

Crossy

The short extension to Tao Poon is broken, so if you want to connect to / from the Purple Line ...

From the BEM / MRT Facebook  page https://www.facebook.com/BEM.MRT/?ref=page_internal

29/01/18 08.32am due to technical problem MRT Blue line service from Bang Sue to Hua Lamphong only. Please use another transit. Sorry for any inconvinence. We will be return to normal service about 1.30 hours

and slightly later

29/01/18 08.54am MRT will be return to normal service at 09.00am ขณะนี้MRTได้ทำการซ่อมระบบเรียบร้อย และจะสามารถกลับมาให้บริการเดินรถระหว่างสถานีเตาปูน-บางซื่อได้ตามปกติ ในเวลา 09.00น.

Talking of the Blue Line - they have implemented something to help with overcrowding...... They're removed seating from the middle section of each carriage and added more overhead rails and straps to hold onto.

I wondered if it was just in my carriage but as I got off the train at Sukhumvit I noticed the other 2 carriages were also standing only in the middle section.

I don't know if this is just going to be during the peak hours but it must be new thing as it wasn't like this when I used it over the weekend.

4 minutes ago, FarangryBirds said:

Talking of the Blue Line - they have implemented something to help with overcrowding...... They're removed seating from the middle section of each carriage and added more overhead rails and straps to hold onto.

You were (un)lucky, BEM only modified one train "to gauge public opinion" before MRTA put the brakes on it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
You were (un)lucky, BEM only modified one train "to gauge public opinion" before MRTA put the brakes on it.
I think it's more widespread than one train now, last couple of days I've had standing only style on inward and outbound journeys, even staggering my times.