Video: Twenty five beach hookers rounded up by Pattaya police in "action against the sex trade"

snoop1130

Video: Twenty five beach hookers rounded up by Pattaya police in "action against the sex trade"

thumbnail_IMG_5292.jpg

Siam Chon News said that a police action in arresting a couple of dozen prostitutes on Pattaya Beach Road was done to take action against the sex trade and improve the image of Pattaya.

The strip is well known for street-walkers and there are often many hundreds of women and lady boys eager to take tourists for some pecuniary rumpty-tumpty.

This 1am crackdown Wednesday morning resulted in fines of 1,000 baht per person for the crime of "wandering about". 

Those that couldn't pay were obliged to enter the cells. Siam Chon did not saw for how long.

Photos were taken and the wanderers had their details recorded for future reference.

Source: http://www.siamchonnews.com/มีคลิป-ตำรวจพัทยากวาดล-2/

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-1-31

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 odd thousand baht in the pockets of the police, and all the people released are free to ply their trade, until the next time.

32 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

improve the image of Pattaya.

Has the image of Pattaya been improved with this ? 

Noooooooooooooo !

10 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

fines of 1,000 baht per person for the crime of "wandering about". 

I know a lot of people should be fined for that, especially in supermarkets..."wandering about" in the aisles when the rest of us are trying to shop...

I got curious if it's really possible to get fined for "wandering about"

The Thai word they use is เตร็ดเตร่ this can mean "wandering" but in this context, and usually when related to a fine the correct translation would be "loitering"

I was not able to find the law, but some other sources were talking about this too, and it seems 1000thb is the maximum fine for this.

Let's see when the police gets the idea to fine people who sit at the beach ;)

4 minutes ago, Emster23 said:

Perhaps egged on by local bars providing similar service, but higher cost due to overhead and such? Free lancers are stiff competition to bricks and mortar establishments. I don't have a dog in this fight, just wondering

A Soi Cowboy bar owner told me "I don't know why they don't stop the hookers on the street."  I haven't been to Pattaya in 3 years because of those girl lock ups.

1 hour ago, NE1 said:

Good job they were not smoking as well......

Beach hookers smoking on the beach , never been to the beach in Patts. is there anywhere quiet there for a beach lady to have a smoke with you.

As for the OP , I thought rumpty tumpty sat on a wall in Patts. In my day it was rumpy pumpy.

Surely grounds for a defamation case here.  These girls were arrested for Loitering / Wandering yet the article states they are prostitutes without any evidence at all.  OK being female and in some parts of Pattaya may make it extremely likely but still not conclusive. .  If there was proof of prostitution that is what they would be charged with.

15 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

20 odd thousand baht in the pockets of the police, and all the people released are free to ply their trade, until the next time.

Noooooooooooooo !

The authorities would be better off hunting down the overstayers, I am sure there are plenty of them in Pattaya, instead of hounding people who are doing no harm.

15 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Noooooooooooooo !

...but I'm sure I read somewhere that Pattaya was a safe family resort.