Re register every time I sleep away from home?

if u stay at a hotel they report for you,YOU NO NOT report,ONLY when u return to Phuket do u go in and report ur back home or change ur home

57 minutes ago, andreww said:

Folks, 

I hear rumors circulating that such registration can be done online by alien himself (see PDF attached), 

Has anyone had experience? Where can we get the password required to log in into that system? 

attached: notification of residence.pdf

what a great idea>>>>

• Haha 1

Strange one this....  nowhere in the law have I seen where it says the foreigner must report or be subject to a 1600 Bt fine.  Yet, it appears this is now the case all across Thailand.  Since there are no legal channels for this money to be directed to, I can't help but wonder where all that money is going.  This is all made up on a case by case by immigration officers for what reason?  I think each of us who have been here long term know the reason; paying your dues to the man for living here.  Accept or not; your choice. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jiggyfly said:

Strange one this....  nowhere in the law have I seen where it says the foreigner must report or be subject to a 1600 Bt fine.  Yet, it appears this is now the case all across Thailand.  Since there are no legal channels for this money to be directed to, I can't help but wonder where all that money is going.  This is all made up on a case by case by immigration officers for what reason?  I think each of us who have been here long term know the reason; paying your dues to the man for living here.  Accept or not; your choice. 

Section 38 of immigration act 2522 states;

"The housemaster, the owner or the possessor of the residence, or the hotel manager where the alien, receiving permission to stay temporary in the Kingdom has stayed, must notify the competent official of the Immigration Office located in the same area with that hours, dwelling place or hotel, within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the alien concerned. If there is no Immigration Office located in that area, the local police official for that area must be notified."

Section 77 of immigration act 2522 states;

"Whoever fails to comply with the provision of Section 38, shall be punished with a fine not exceeding 2,000 Baht. If said person is a hotel manager, he shall be punished with a fine from 2,000 Baht to 10,000 Baht."

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gulfsailor said:

Section 38 of immigration act 2522 states;

"The housemaster, the owner or the possessor of the residence, or the hotel manager where the alien, receiving permission to stay temporary in the Kingdom has stayed, must notify the competent official of the Immigration Office located in the same area with that hours, dwelling place or hotel, within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the alien concerned. If there is no Immigration Office located in that area, the local police official for that area must be notified."

Section 77 of immigration act 2522 states;

"Whoever fails to comply with the provision of Section 38, shall be punished with a fine not exceeding 2,000 Baht. If said person is a hotel manager, he shall be punished with a fine from 2,000 Baht to 10,000 Baht."

That's basically what I was told. 

How you are supposed to tell them within 24 hours when you land on a Saturday morning I'm not quite sure and I was told you can't do it online , at least in my area (Beung Kan)

1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

How you are supposed to tell them within 24 hours when you land on a Saturday morning I'm not quite sure and I was told you can't do it online , at least in my area (Beung Kan)

Although learning anything about this process involves the exercise of common sense comes as a surprise, it does seem that first working day after arrival is accepted by immigration.

Edited by BritTim
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

It's the landlord – i.e. hotel receptionist – that's going to report the alien to Immigration within 24 hours after the alien check in (arrives) at the address. If you yourself is the landlord* (master-of-household), it's your duty. In some provinces you can do it online – for example where I stay, and it's very easy, when you learn which number your visa, mentioned in Thai only, has in the drop-down list – or you can fill in a form and give to the local immigration  office, some places police station, or mail it (I'm however not sure about the 24 hour window, if mailed). Some Immigrations, for example where I live, wish to see the receipt of address registration – you'll get it as XML-file to print, when registering online – when applying for extension of stay in the Kingdom.

:smile:

Edit, *) You'll need to register as Landlord or house-owner.

Edited by khunPer
  • Like 1

Hey, a couple of days ago I went to Bangkok.  Picked up a Nana SW and settled into a ST hotel.  Paid for 3 hours.

Had fun then slept for a few hours.  Took the early bus back to Pats.

I guess I need to report this?  Rush to immigration to make sure I don't get into trouble??.............

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

I guess I need to report this?  Rush to immigration to make sure I don't get into trouble??.............

No you don't. Jomtien only wants the report if you leave and re-enter the country,

• Like 1

In the middle of 2017 I went to Jomtein to report my address after being out of Thailand for 10 days. The officer told me if I came back to the same address I can be out of the country for 2 weeks without reporting.

Then in November of 2017 I did the same, and was told the same.

I don't care what they would tell me, I will report my address every time I come home from oversea, I need to go there to get a re entry permit anyway.

It makes sense to report your home address after you have traveled around in Thailand since the hotel  have reported you, and the hotel address became your address on the immigration record. You will need to change it back.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Thailand J said:

In the middle of 2017 I went to Jomtein to report my address after being out of Thailand for 10 days. The officer told me if I came back to the same address I can be out of the country for 2 weeks without reporting.

Then in November of 2017 I did the same, and was told the same.

Same here.  In the 15 years of living here none of us have had to comply with registering of address (TM30).
The first we heard about it was when our 15 year old daughter did her 90 day reporting (at Jomtien) and was fined 1,600baht for not having done the address registration (she had spent a weekend in Singapore a month earlier).

Like Thailand J says it's never been enforced before other than for hotels but now it's another trip to immigration.
In fairness the staff at Jomtien seemed as pissed off and confused as many of the farangs queuing up outside!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thailand J said:

Actually in November the officer told me I can be out the country for 3 months and come back to the same address without reporting. I told her that her colleague had said 2 weeks, then she said " may be 2 weeks"...

Red. No, yellow. Or was it blue?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, thaiclan said:

Same here.  In the 15 years of living here none of us have had to comply with registering of address (TM30).
The first we heard about it was when our 15 year old daughter did her 90 day reporting (at Jomtien) and was fined 1,600baht for not having done the address registration (she had spent a weekend in Singapore a month earlier).

Like Thailand J says it's never been enforced before other than for hotels but now it's another trip to immigration.
In fairness the staff at Jomtien seemed as pissed off and confused as many of the farangs queuing up outside!

What was the reasoning on apportioning liability on your 15yr old daughter? Is she the Housemaster, owner or possessor. I understand that she is resident at the address, but what criteria do immigration use to determine which person is liable for the fine, where the housemaster/owner is present but not the same person to the alien who is required to register.

26 minutes ago, rockingrobin said:

What was the reasoning on apportioning liability on your 15yr old daughter? Is she the Housemaster, owner or possessor. I understand that she is resident at the address, but what criteria do immigration use to determine which person is liable for the fine, where the housemaster/owner is present but not the same person to the alien who is required to register.

Being cynical, they will just find the weakest person willing to pay, as resurrecting this old regulation appears to be a money-making opportunity.

23 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Being cynical, they will just find the weakest person willing to pay, as resurrecting this Wold regulation appears to be a money-making opportunity.

Under the immigration act the responsibility lies with the House Master, who by definition is the chief possessor. Which implies that the responsibility to inform is with one person.

4 minutes ago, rockingrobin said:

Under the immigration act the responsibility lies with the House Master, who by definition is the chief possessor. Which implies that the responsibility to inform is with one person.

Definitely.

But I've seen posts on here where the person applying for an extension has paid, because otherwise their application wouldn't be processed, and trying to get a missing housemaster to do it would be more time and trouble.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Being cynical, they will just find the weakest person willing to pay, as resurrecting this old regulation appears to be a money-making opportunity.

I’m my case they said it wasn’t was my girlfriend they would fine. She’s not the owner/housemaster but just happened to be sitting with me at the time, so as you say whoever they deem responsible. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rockingrobin said:

Jomtien aren't very helpful when asking which law they are using :-).  They just said "she not register she must pay fine".  But actually maybe it was me who was fined because I am the owner of the house and I was present.
But I get the impression they would have made her pay even if she was on her own.  Its a new tap that has been turned on and there are a lot of 1,600bahts to pick up!