Video: That's more like it! Kind Thais swing into action as pretty teen falls off bus

webfact

16 hours ago, aussie11950 said:

Yes she was silly to exit from a moving bus, but the responsibility must go the the bus driver, for allowing the doors to be open while moving.

I think it was all her fault , if the doors were closed she would have missed her stop . She was on her blasted phone thing and I suspect when some one said " 'oy you , you gets off here for uni innit "  that she disembarked. She likely fell as thinking the bus was stationary. I wonder if she ever misses the bus going home with her face stuck in her phone.  

23 hours ago, khwaibah said:

and she was looking at her phone.:post-4641-1156693976:

Yep.  So many people walk around holding that damn phone, unable to grab or hold onto things as they stumble or fall.  One of the worse addictions I have seen.  I am an old fart and remember how great a cell phone was compared to having to find a pay phone while on the road!  Voice and text... fantastic.  All this smart phone app stuff can be great.  Many times I wish I had one for maps, directions, quick internet searches etc.  but if I ever upgrade past my 3 g voice and text flip top phone,  I won't let the device own me.  When I drive, I got two hands on the wheel and completely ignore my phone if it rings or vibrates.  I take driving a 3000 pound death machine seriously.  I am old school

Take a good look at the video.

Normally a person that wants to get off the bus would be standing in the doorway ready to step off, but this girl is nowhere near the door because a passenger gets on the bus and the bus tarts moving before the girl tries to get off. She was probably too busy on her mobile phone to know where she was. Stupid girl on phone.

As for the people coming, the only ones that did come to her was the saen taew driver and her front passenger, the rest were called by the saen taew driver and the only thing they did was just stand around and do nothing except for the man with the radio and he called for help. So the only difference between the two incidents is that one person was seriously injured and the other was not. The only thing that should have been done in the first incident was that someone should have sat with the girl and talked to her but not touched her

I counted over 5 seconds between the time the first girl got off and the one that fell got off.  Maybe she was day dreaming while putzing on her phone and then at the last second decided to get off.  It was a pretty short stop though.  heck a person even got on the bus through the rear door that girl came out of!  Maybe a really crowded bus.  But it looks like she had no idea or couldn't even feel the bus was moving? 

47 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

heck a person even got on the bus through the rear door that girl came out of!  Maybe a really crowded bus.

And the bus started moving before he was fully inside the door and while still blocking it.

Edited by JSixpack

On 2/6/2018 at 12:49 PM, khwaibah said:

and she was looking at her phone.:post-4641-1156693976:

Not as she was getting off.

Kinda silly to come down on the phone quite that hard. Could have been a book. Could have been chatting w/ a fellow passenger. Might have fallen asleep. Happens all the time.

She was late to the door but then another passenger blocked it at the last minute as the bus took off. Even if she hadn't been holding her phone, she'd have fallen anyway as the bus was accelerating too fast for her to keep her balance. Of course she knew the bus was moving but took a chance and lost, much to the delight and entertainment our peanut gallery, whose members have never engaged in such in any form. However, the driver should have closed the doors and checked and waited a sec for just such a mad dash, which must happen fairly often. Yes, the driver has responsibility and deserves a big share of blame here too.

Edited by JSixpack

17 hours ago, wgdanson said:

Double deckers in UK had an open back up to the 70s. I don't remember too many people falling out.

But in the UK, you see, the drivers are extremely well-trained, even when they run into things, and--most importantly--the passengers are all brilliant, as you well know, even before some came to schoolmarm in Thailand.

2 hours ago, JSixpack said:

But in the UK, you see, the drivers are extremely well-trained, even when they run into things, and--most importantly--the passengers are all brilliant, as you well know, even before some came to schoolmarm in Thailand.

UK bus drivers are far better trained than the ones you have in the USA.

On 06/02/2018 at 8:15 AM, 1337markus said:

Why the headline pretty????? If anything pretty damn stupid jumping off a moving bus!

Yes, but was she stopped from getting off by the passenger pushing on first???

Driver should have checked before moving, and if the driver can not seen the rear exit then there is a fundamental design problem with the bus...

1 hour ago, Basil B said:

Had difficulty in determing if the driver were a lady, but obvious really, she stopped... 

If you cannot determine the sex of the driver of the saen keaw then you better not drive any vehicle because you have a very big eye sight problem and you need a seeing eye dog before you should leave the house because the passenger that gets out of the front of the baht bus is a woman and the person that gets out of the drivers side is also a woman.

The young lady was not stopped by the woman pushing her way on because the young woman was not at the door ready to get off

4 hours ago, Russell17au said:

If you cannot determine the sex of the driver of the saen keaw then you better not drive any vehicle because you have a very big eye sight problem and you need a seeing eye dog before you should leave the house because the passenger that gets out of the front of the baht bus is a woman and the person that gets out of the drivers side is also a woman.

The young lady was not stopped by the woman pushing her way on because the young woman was not at the door ready to get off

Just was not sure some of those male drivers have big man boobs