PM Prayut says election date to be set after enforcement of organic laws

webfact

6 hours ago, steven100 said:

Good for all concerned.  This government has done alot to help farmers and the poor. It has implemented several programs which will benefit poor rural villagers.

Image result for pics of Khun Prayut

And you're not biased, are you?

Still have the rose coloured spectacles on. :thumbsup:

AKA as can't see the forest for the trees.

"One Swallow does not a summer make......" Aristotle.

Edited by lvr181
Additional comment
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, steven100 said:

Good for all concerned.  This government has done alot to help farmers and the poor. It has implemented several programs which will benefit poor rural villagers.

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Great to see you haven't lost your faith Steven buddy! The world needs people like who don't "fit the mold" to be very polite:thumbsup:

And once again, your lifeline for when the little turds currently clinging onto power are finally scrambling for the airport:

Air Asia

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, steven100 said:

The PM has helped some...you are probably one (or someone you are close to) but they have not helped all. Most of all they have helped themselves. The cause for so much dissatisfaction however is the PM's opinion that Thais are not smart enough to pick who leads THEIR country. The moving election date (only in one direction) is compounding that concern and is not helping the PM increase his popularity, so if he hopes to win this phantom election he needs to start honoring the commitment to have an election. He has the power to overcome all of the obstacles he is blaming for the delays. If the causes are legitimate (if) he also has the power to resolve them in a more timely fashion. When you hold great power you are expected to wield it in a way that supports your claims and to improve the lives of all of your countrymen. 

10 hours ago, MrMuddle said:

Even though I have added (among others), "Steven100" to my ignore list, and have ticked all the boxes, posts, messages, etc, I can still read his drivel.
Is there any way to block him completely ?

do what you like. You think I care.

11 hours ago, MrMuddle said:

Even though I have added (among others), "Steven100" to my ignore list, and have ticked all the boxes, posts, messages, etc, I can still read his drivel.

Unfortunately you can't (for as far as I know).

You won't see his messages anymore which makes TVF a lot better already, but when someone else quotes him you see the message they quoted.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

You may enjoy unrest, protests and political fighting ... I enjoy peace & economic stability. 

You appear to enjoy oppression, censorship, bullying, thuggery, corruption and the general denial of human rights.

How wonderful you must be.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, steven100 said:

Why so fearful of an election then? The man is useless and unpopular, as is his deputy.

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

do what you like. You think I care.

Yes you do care, otherwise you would ignore the posters! :thumbsup:

And nobody is claiming they enjoy the unrest, protests and political fighting, just that very few would agree that the PM and his supporters have done very much to help the everyday Thai citizen.

Steven100, you have to be dumb or blind (or both) not to see the corruption, cronyism, lack of commitment to reducing road trauma, failure to stop fleeing 'criminals' take themselves and money out of the country with ease, failure to turn the RTP into a respected and efficient police force, failure to stop the troubles in the southern provinces, failure to help those in need in the far north, ad infinitum ad nauseam!

In your tiny little mind all this matters not because your gauge of success is the help given to some farmers (and that is good, but not enough) after four years!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

Yes you do care, otherwise you would ignore the posters! :thumbsup:

And nobody is claiming they enjoy the unrest, protests and political fighting, just that very few would agree that the PM and his supporters have done very much to help the everyday Thai citizen.

Steven100, you have to be dumb or blind (or both) not to see the corruption, cronyism, lack of commitment to reducing road trauma, failure to stop fleeing 'criminals' take themselves and money out of the country with ease, failure to turn the RTP into a respected and efficient police force, failure to stop the troubles in the southern provinces, failure to help those in need in the far north, ad infinitum ad nauseam!

In your tiny little mind all this matters not because your gauge of success is the help given to some farmers (and that is good, but not enough) after four years!

So lets turn the clock back and go back to the unrest and anarchy as before ... when you can't go anywhere because of road blocks, protests and airport closures.

No thanks, I prefer it as now ....  and you can't call it oppression, how are you or anyone else oppressed ?  can you go to the shop ?  can you go to the bar ?  can you drive a car ?  can you do most of the things you do is your supposedly false democratic homeland ???

2 minutes ago, steven100 said:

So lets turn the clock back and go back to the unrest and anarchy as before ... when you can't go anywhere because of road blocks, protests and airport closures.

No thanks, I prefer it as now ....  and you can't call it oppression, how are you or anyone else oppressed ?  can you go to the shop ?  can you go to the bar ?  can you drive a car ?  can you do most of the things you do is your supposedly false democratic homeland ???

Democracy may not be perfect but it sure beats whatever else is second.

"False democratic homeland"?? Pray tell me where may that be?

Yes the bloody rioting has ceased and now is time to revamp and lift up education standards to mitigate such events in the future. Teach rights and responsiblities. Is better education happening? NO. There could be a not so subtle reason for this not to happen.

Anything else? At least you graduated pass "help the farmers". Keep it up and suddenly the lights may come on for you. Do not lose the faith.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, jayboy said:

Ignore him.If you look over his posts it's clear he isn't just ignorant but also not that bright - and a troll to boot.This is a forum where all views can be exchanged and there's certainly a respectable case for some kind of benign authoritarianism in Thailand - not that I share it.Over the years there have been some quite intelligent proponents of this view on the forum though they are not much in evidence these days.My point in summary is that is perfectly reasonable to expect the case against democracy to be made on this forum.That has been part of the to and fro between political philosophers for centuries.But just don't expect it from this fellow.The distasteful aspect is that these views if coming from some sections of Thai society are comprehensible if not actually admirable.But coming from less than top tier foreigners - who don't really understand the context - they are as much bizarre as despicable.

ignore what you like .... so your home country is perfect ?  no corruption, no fleecing ?   Well what the hell are you doing here then if it's so damn good  ??? 

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, steven100 said:

ignore what you like .... so your home country is perfect ?  no corruption, no fleecing ?   Well what the hell are you doing here then if it's so damn good  ??? 

More evidence, as if it were needed, that one is not dealing with the sharpest knife in the drawer.Advice is the same - ignore the fellow.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, MrMuddle said:

yes just dont read what he writes.  He is entitled to have a say like everybody else. Its called freedom of speech something Thailand does not have. He knows it but still adore the guys in power so be it. Even Hitler had friends or he thought he did  :cheesy:

21 minutes ago, jayboy said:

More evidence, as if it were needed, that one is not dealing with the sharpest knife in the drawer.Advice is the same - ignore the fellow.

same for me ...  why live here if your country is so perfect. :cheesy:

Edited by steven100

36 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Cigarettes are cheaper here!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, steven100 said:

same for me ...  why live here if your country is so perfect. :cheesy:

Why do you live here when your views are at odds with the majority of your hosts. Thais, by a huge majority want democracy, you on the other hand do not - why don't you go to a country more inline with your personal views (I'm not sure one exists though).

5 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

Historically, Democrats should be colored dark green, same as military.

As should that early bright green run of Phraya Phahonphonphayuhasena and of course, Field Marshal Plaek Phibunsongkhram.

The Kool-Aid must run strong in someone who would use such a chart to infer anything other than Military Rule=Good, Democracy=Bad.

• Like 1