Family appeals against death penalty over Italian slaying in Phuket

snoop1130

Family appeals against death penalty over Italian slaying in Phuket

The Phuket News

1518000898_1-org.jpg

PHUKET:-- An Italian Senator has appealed to the Government of Thailand to stave off the death penalty for Denis Cavatassi, who stands convicted of hiring a killer to murder his business partner, Luciano Butti, in Phuket in 2011.

Cavatassi was convicted and condemned to death by the Supreme Court of Thailand but has always maintained his innocence, reports The Italian Insider.

In response, a press conference was called on Tuesday (Feb 6), headed by Senator Luigi Manconi, President of the Commission for the Protection of Human Rights, to call for Cavatssi’s sentence to be annulled, said the report.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/family-appeals-against-death-penalty-over-italian-slaying-in-phuket-65882.php#Tgdl2T3Fc5y726xF.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-2-7

I visit lots of people in prisons and a good 50% of them are so blatantly not guilty, it is astonishing that allegedly University educated judges, could have not comprehended the evidence and produced said ludicrous verdicts, often sustained upon widely differing and contradictory police statements/lies..

I don't know the details of this one, but from his sustained protestations of innocence and an unfair trial, I tend to lean in his favour. The guilty tend to shut their mouth and look for amnesty.

When about half the prison population are seemingly wrongly convicted, having a death sentence is abhorrently wrong. It is very difficult to apologise to the dead, when you realise you got it wrong.

I wish him good luck and have to ask, who got the business after both of them were out of the picture? There you may find motive. Not that the cops here could understand that.