Where then?

davetrout

I am referring to post “ never thought it would come to this”  I always go Pattaya on my holidays but is there a better place to go on a same budget as Pattaya. I not have a lot of money and Pattaya is cheap for everything you want to do.

After about 6-7 years living in Pattaya I moved to Indonesia. Not due to any of the oft-quoted readons discussed here but personally i was a bit hacked-off with the political sit’n and fancied a change.

I’ve not regretted the move and would recommend Bali / Lombok as a good alternate to Pattaya.

I reckon SEA has loads of holiday spots if you fancy a change. Goa is also v.nice and cheap.

• Like 2

The thread started with some replies on target, then has veered totally off topic...

The OP's question is difficult to answer considering the little information provided...

Where do you come from? 

Travelling from Australia is not at all the same as coming from Germany or Japan...

Then, what is it you like in Pattaya, except the prices which aren't that low anymore?

The world is big, with many tropical beaches, from Central America (cheap) to Africa (expensive) to South and South East Asia (cheap to average).

Try to come up with more information regarding your request.

the thing about pattaya is: you can still have the cake and eat it too,
its civilization so you can buy anything you fancy,
yet it doesnt freeze your nutz off,
and i dont know of anywhere its cheaper while still having the option of any measure of quality.
...and then to top it off i can watch naked woman and drink beer all day long

Edited by poanoi
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, murraynz said:

as above, i seriously wonder if the "dismal" people , who are SO anti pattaya-have ever actually been there ???

what makes them  so miserable ????

yes, i wouldnt like to LIVE  in central pattaya, but there is plenty of nice areas, naklua,cosy beach or jomien-away from the noisy nightlife, yet close enough to walk or 5mins on taxi mbike.

PATTAYA IS EXCITING--a large variety of things to do--dont all involve booze or sex...

i get sick of reading all the "anti pattaya" comments-- you people must live sad and boring lives...

i reguarly meet these types in the bars--they usually come from the same country{which i wont mention}

its simple dont grizzle about things--just go back home .

Pattaya, OMG, why oh why would anybody choose to live there is beyond me, there are so many other countries opening up now which i am not going to name because i dont you Pattaya Riff Raff heading there.   :cheesy:

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, murraynz said:

as above, i seriously wonder if the "dismal" people , who are SO anti pattaya-have ever actually been there ???

what makes them  so miserable ????

yes, i wouldnt like to LIVE  in central pattaya, but there is plenty of nice areas, naklua,cosy beach or jomien-away from the noisy nightlife, yet close enough to walk or 5mins on taxi mbike.

PATTAYA IS EXCITING--a large variety of things to do--dont all involve booze or sex...

i get sick of reading all the "anti pattaya" comments-- you people must live sad and boring lives...

i reguarly meet these types in the bars--they usually come from the same country{which i wont mention}

its simple dont grizzle about things--just go back home .

Do they come from a country that rhymes with 'Wales' ?

6 hours ago, Acemaker said:

Pattaya, OMG, why oh why would anybody choose to live there is beyond me, there are so many other countries opening up now which i am not going to name because i dont you Pattaya Riff Raff heading there.   :cheesy:

Wow! Are you a real person? 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Jingjock said:

Well all those who think its expensive here ( Go back home ) utter rubbish, I compare my country to the prices here, and its far cheaper here than western countries by far, I also eat good western food here and not worry about budgeting. You people got short memory.

i think your spot on with short memories, however i dont thinks it cheap here now and thats partly to do with the exchanges rates, i think you can live cheap here if you choose to but if i live here like i would live in the UK i dont think it cheap, its about the same. 

6 minutes ago, davetrout said:

I like Thai girls so was wanting to know better places in Thailand only

Everywhere is better. But if you are not capable of finding a real gf and rely on hookers head to Udon/Chiang Mai/Khon Kaen for the cheap ones.

2 minutes ago, catman20 said:

i think your spot on with short memories, however i dont thinks it cheap here now and thats partly to do with the exchanges rates, i think you can live cheap here if you choose to but if i live here like i would live in the UK i dont think it cheap, its about the same. 

UK rooms cost a lot more. Housing is half a budget.

On 2/11/2018 at 5:12 AM, Acemaker said:

Mum's basement doesn't qualify as an option.????