Picture shows what happened when 800cc bike collided with the back of a turning 10 wheeler in Nakon Sawan

webfact

Picture shows what happened when 800cc bike collided with the back of a turning 10 wheeler

5pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Thai Rath published a picture of the aftermath of a collision between a Kawasaki Z 800 and a truck trailer in Nakon Sawan.

The roadway was covered in bits of smashed motorcycle while by the side of the road was the corpse of 41 year old Niwat Khongdee from Phichit.

He was wearing a helmet but his neck was broken.

The driver of the truck Bunyang Kiawkiang, 54, had left the scene but police found him a kilometer further away. He gave himself up.

He said he had seen a pick-up approaching as he was turning into a corn field.

A bike overtook the pick-up and smashed into the back of his trailer.

The accident happened on the Takfa - Inburi Road before midday on Sunday morning.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-02-12

3 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Alternative story.

"Driver of lorry pulled across road without indicating or looking for other traffic, then did a runner"

Or bike rider driving too fast unable to see what is ahead dies at scene.

We can all bitch and moan about the truck turning with or without a blinker, and no disrespect to the deceased, but he must have been in warp speed, because any experienced rider of a big bike knows, that when you are in warp speed, if you do hit something, you know that you don't won't to be here when the dust settles, so to speak.

RIP

Image result for cartoon of a motorbike in an accident

• Like 1

I am not a biker and know very little about them but isn't an 800cc m/b a pretty powerful machine? The fact that the truck was turning and therefore slow most of the KE would have been in the bike...and judging by the debris it had a lot of KE.

7 hours ago, Get Real said:

I do think that it must be BS-day today! If the driver of the truck sees a pickup approaching, and the pickup don´t crash into the truck. Do you not see that as the MC driver that overtakes the pickup must be held responsible for that the road in front of the car he overtakes is free?

One more thing! It´s never okey to overtake another car in places where there is a side road or a crossing.

To sum it all up. I do think that the headline can stay like it is, without any more discussion about that fact.

My take is that the driver saw a pickup approaching from behind, not in front. The bike then overtook the pickup without seeing that the lorry was making a turn.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, TKDfella said:

I am not a biker and know very little about them but isn't an 800cc m/b a pretty powerful machine? The fact that the truck was turning and therefore slow most of the KE would have been in the bike...and judging by the debris it had a lot of KE.

Actually, K.E.=1/2 m v squared. I'm pretty sure regardless of speed differentials, large moving trucks always have more kinetic energy than motorcycles. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

My take is that the driver saw a pickup approaching from behind, not in front. The bike then overtook the pickup without seeing that the lorry was making a turn.

Still that seems like a lack of care for your own life, right?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, whaleboneman said:

Actually, K.E.=1/2 m v squared. I'm pretty sure regardless of speed differentials, large moving trucks always have more kinetic energy than motorcycles. 

Obviously but the truck was going in the same direction as the bike not towards the bike.

On 2/12/2018 at 11:22 AM, Enoon said:

"He said he had seen a pick-up approaching as he was turning into a corn field.

A bike overtook the pick-up and smashed into the back of his trailer."

It seems quite straight forward:

You actually believe anything a Thai says after an accident?