New family Motorcycle - Questions

phutoie2

1 hour ago, johng said:

The imperial (UK) gallon, now defined as exactly 4.54609 liters

The US gallon is legally defined as 231 cubic inches, which is exactly 3.785411784 liters

When the pilgrim fathers were kicked out of Britain they took lots of stuff with them. One of which was the Wine gallon. Their dependents are still using the Wine gallon. 

In 1824 The Victorians replaced all their miscellaneous gallons with the Imperial gallon,   a unit close in volume to the Ale gallon.

Lighten up guys and learn some simple maths, incidentally I meant a proper gallon, not the short measure the poor old yanks get...:saai:, must be a banker involved in that scam somewhere. If I were a USAer I would insist on an amedment to the constitution, "It is the right of every man to get a full measure when he buys petrol" (not "gas"..... you are buying a liquid).

We are talking "biker" language here, 200mpg is a memorable figure for a (tightarsed) biker, like doing the "ton" 100mph, a famous figure for the genuine old fart bikers. Never heard a greaser say "I did the 160.934 kilometres per hours today" and 100kph is hardly a feat to brag about, Honda Wave teritory that.

Real bikers don't do metric!!!!

3 minutes ago, NE1 said:

Anybody know how much a Honda Wave 125i electric starter is selling for ?

If you want to know the price of any motorbike you can just google "name of motorbike ราคา" (ราคา = price), like this you nearly always get the price in the first on or two hits on Google.

So for your Honda Wave it says 55k

51 minutes ago, jackdd said:

If you want to know the price of any motorbike you can just google "name of motorbike ราคา" (ราคา = price), like this you nearly always get the price in the first on or two hits on Google.

So for your Honda Wave it says 55k

On top of that you have some cost for registration/plate at DLT.

Most people leave it to the dealer and if remember right I paid 2000 Baht for that.

On 16/02/2018 at 11:03 AM, Rdrokit said:

I would suggest buying some supplemental insurance as the compulsory insurance covers very little. I have a couple scooters and a big bike. I use 95 in the big bike and 91 in the scooters. The Honda Airblade is 11 years old and still runs great on 91.

I took your advice and for the price of a can of Leo per week have some extra insurance to go with the ctpl.

In our town the difference in price is between 95 & 91 is only a few satang. Somchai who sold the bike to me said 95, so will go with that.

The basket stays on for the time being, so says Mrs PT2.

8 hours ago, phutoie2 said:

I took your advice and for the price of a can of Leo per week have some extra insurance to go with the ctpl.

In our town the difference in price is between 95 & 91 is only a few satang. Somchai who sold the bike to me said 95, so will go with that.

The basket stays on for the time being, so says Mrs PT2.

Up here in Isaan country there is another reason for buying 91...everyone else does. That means the forecourt tanks are constantly replenished, the water content will be lower and the fuel cleaner/fresh.........er.

Why buck the system?

15 hours ago, AllanB said:

Up here in Isaan country there is another reason for buying 91...everyone else does. That means the forecourt tanks are constantly replenished, the water content will be lower and the fuel cleaner/fresh.........er.

Why buck the system?

Well, what coincidence, I too live in a northern province  where most folk speak Lao. All the young lads here remove the mirrors and rear light bulbs from their mums waves, perhaps I will too.

Why buck the system.

On 22/02/2018 at 9:05 AM, phutoie2 said:

Well, what coincidence, I too live in a northern province  where most folk speak Lao. All the young lads here remove the mirrors and rear light bulbs from their mums waves, perhaps I will too.

Why buck the system.

...no I didn't mean that, although the Honda Wave does now have a mirror missing, let a visiting mate of mine Trevor have a go. He made it 10 yards and crashed into a wall......before he time to get too much speed up.

One mirror and 91 gasahol in the tank, does that make me a trendy guy around these parts?

There are a quite a few here with no lights at all, no helmets, 3 up, all texting and drunk.....now that's what I call cool. The only thing cooler than that is "pushing up the daisies". 

Archived