Frenchman seeks help from Pattaya police over cold "assault" case and cold pizza!

Jonathan Fairfield

10 hours ago, PEE TEE said:

been here 16 years never had any problems with any restaurants . oh hold on i do my own cooking . if i do want to eat out i go to the night markets can get good pizzas for 100 thb cooked while you wait  

You're missing out on one of the best things about living in Thailand - The food!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sapporillo said:

Funny story...the same exact thing had happened to me a few years ago, in Chiang Mai. I mean, literally the same thing: cold pizza, send it back, comes back lukewarm, still uncooked in the middle. 

Only difference, I paid my bill and left. I think that was a wise choice....

That's exactly it will keep happening all over again, and again, for ever...

Forget about it and move on.

In Pattaya you always pay Check Bin, no matter what. I can't recall all the times the food wasn't exactly what I ordered or due to slow service turned out to be cold by the time I got it. It is for sure not the time for a 71 year old man to show off in front of his wife on a matter of principal. 

Take the Pizza with you and go home and warm it up at home later. Just don't ever go back to that Pizza Place and support there business anymore. There are plenty of other Pizza Places their.

Maybe not the best solution but much better than a broken finger and hospital bills extra to pay for later. And No Pizza even! 

• Like 1

On 2/17/2018 at 11:56 AM, Sapporillo said:

Funny story...the same exact thing had happened to me a few years ago, in Chiang Mai. I mean, literally the same thing: cold pizza, send it back, comes back lukewarm, still uncooked in the middle. 

Only difference, I paid my bill and left. I think that was a wise choice....

Same here in Bangkok soi 8 famous Pizza bar - he pizza was not cooked, I sent it back, it came back stone oven hot but the center of the pizza still wasn't cooked so I cut out the center, ate the rest and sent the remains back to the kitchen, they misunderstood my gesture, threw the mess back in the oven and wrapped it up as a take away  -  I  laughed and took it with me.

21 hours ago, TunnelRat69 said:

Same here in Bangkok soi 8 famous Pizza bar - he pizza was not cooked, I sent it back, it came back stone oven hot but the center of the pizza still wasn't cooked so I cut out the center, ate the rest and sent the remains back to the kitchen, they misunderstood my gesture, threw the mess back in the oven and wrapped it up as a take away  -  I  laughed and took it with me.

LOL... Admittedly, I didn't walk away laughing, I left a little pissed and still hungry. But just like you, it would never have crossed my mind to try and argue about the bill...better walk away hungry than with a bloody nose (or broken finger)

This sad story reminds me of a personal experience i had in the land of fake smiles. Initially i was overcharged at a restaurant so explained it was an error on the restaurants part. I was punched so went to the Tourist Police to tell them i was physically assaulted. After a tedious 2 hour explanation of the event the Tourist Police advised they were not to visit the perpetrator at his restaurant as it was breakfast morning time and a visit from the Police would not look good in front of the restaurateurs customers. After hearing that lame sack of BS I walked out and later went on Tripadvisor, facebook and google reviews and let other potential victims the whereabouts, name and location of the establishment to avoid.
My visit to the Chiang Mai Tourist Police was not only an insult to my intelligence but a total waste of time.
I was made to feel i was a nuisance and was disturbing all other parties involved. 
I would like to name the restaurant now in my post but fear there is some weird BS Thai law that would somehow invoke me into deep complex Thai Face saving legal  issues. 

Go online when not in the country and post 1000s of comments on and names of establishments

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app