Pro-election activists remain defiant despite arrests and charges

rooster59

Pro-election activists remain defiant despite arrests and charges

rally6.jpg

A core leader of the pro-election group has vowed to carry on with their public gathering to demand an early election.

Despite the fact that he and 38 other activists have been charged with illegal assembly, defying National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) about public assembly for their involvement in the rallies on Jan 27 at Pathumwan skywalk and Feb 10 at the Democracy Monument, Rangsiman Rome said in his Facebook page today (Feb 16) that the pro-election activists merely wanted to remind the NCPO of its promise to the people and the international community that the election would be held this year.

But the junta chose to arrest and prosecute the activists, he said, adding that this was indicative that an election would not be held soon and that the junta would stay on.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pro-election-activists-remain-defiant-despite-arrests-charges/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-02-17

43 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

But the junta chose to arrest and prosecute the activists, he said, adding that this was indicative that an election would not be held soon and that the junta would stay on.

junta took the only option they had ; not that i, for a minute, like it;

if they have any intelligence at all, they might legally harass these protest leaders, then drop the charges at a later date; that might deter these particular individuals a bit in the future;

sure there will be others filling that void, perhaps many more, making the junta's course a road to nowhere

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, YetAnother said:

if they have any intelligence at all, they might legally harass these protest leaders, then drop the charges at a later date; that might deter these particular individuals a bit in the future;

sure there will be others filling that void, perhaps many more, making the junta's course a road to nowhere

Many of the actions of the junta are actually quite understandable. Just imaging you were an evil leader who wants to stay in power and how you would act to the things happening.

If it was me i would also set a team upon this guy to dig up dirt, or maybe even plant some dirt here and there. Just in case... like a few mr. T clocks or calendars.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

that an election would not be held soon and that the junta would stay on.

Anyone who  thought the junta would waltz into power and waltz out really needs new medication.  The young, Clark Kent looking man is right.  Thailand will be stuck with these party poopers in green for quite a while.  They will just keep taking the fun and prosperity out of the place for non elite. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, YetAnother said:

It's a little bit of a stalemate. Human rights, corruption and elections have become the primary focus of attention. They've gotten nowhere, even Prem told Prayut this, yet he continues to try and be Thailand's saviour.

If he really wanted to rattle the cage he could just fire Prawit, but everyone knows he's not really in charge.

Shame for Thailand, as I've said before 2018 will be a tough year on all counts.  

11 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

So impatient these activists !! Geez, give the government a chance....

They have been given 4 years. Not l genuine reform. The same police making the sane millions along with generals and all the rest. On modest salaries and minimal schooling = theft. So your friends are out of chances 

2 minutes ago, Media1 said:

They have been given 4 years. Not l genuine reform. The same police making the sane millions along with generals and all the rest. On modest salaries and minimal schooling = theft. So your friends are out of chances 

Your sarcasm radar needs tweaking my friend :)

2 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Your sarcasm radar needs tweaking my friend :)

facts no sarcasm buddy. Not one senior rank audit. Not one new bus. Not one genuine law reform..I have a page list. Your in deep.waters with no life preserver..There nearing the end.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, coulson said:

If he really wanted to rattle the cage he could just fire Prawit, but everyone knows he's not really in charge.

You're right. It seems increasingly obvious that Prawit is the boss. Prayut is just an up-front puppet leader to do the singing, dancing, frog kissing and Friday night TV celebrity shows. Even dressed in all their finery they are both "emperors without clothes" and people are starting to realise.

Edited by Cadbury

Oh well i  know now Sorry Clarke Kent look a like the junta just found excuse NOT to have an election You just done them a big favour  What is the phrase " come in sucker'   The so called road map which nobody has seen just done a big U turn  The catch phrase now will be restoring law and order in Thailand and we are the people who will do that