Trump - FBI missed signs on Florida shooting due to Russia probe

webfact

6 hours ago, FreddieRoyle said:

Thank you Donald Trump. Finally the true story gets out. Yes, of course the state agencies have "all hands on deck" been searching 24/7 for the last year for any (nonexistant)sign of Trump having colluded with Russia. This has been the overriding focus of the FBI and others, and has been the biggest waste of federal resources mankind has ever known. So yes, the FBI were not able to prevent this shooter even though the shooter posted on social media in his own name that he would do a school mass shooting, and that the police had been called to his house 39 times did not raise any flags with the politicized state agencies.

Time to wipe the slate clean and start again. I fear there is no way they can regain credibility. 

Much like Trump, no evidence. 

I seriously doubt the FBI investigators working on Russian attempts to influence the election are the same ones responsible for investigating Facebook posts in Florida.

BTW, the Russian investigation hasn't gone on nearly as long as the Clinton Whitewater investigation, which was a much simpler investigation of a domestic real estate deal.  But perhaps you were outraged by the Whitewater investigation as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Becker said:

Here's a friendly piece of advice to you (and other conspiracy theory loo lovers); think it through before posting! Because if you had you might have saved you the embarrassment of posting such drivel. You might have caught on to such obvious things as how can a "faction" suppress anything without the rest of the Bureau catching on to it, is this mysterious "faction" limited to the Miami field office of the FBI and if so, how lucky were they that it happened in Florida, etc, etc, ect.

In short, try to ask yourself questions that a person with even a smidgen of critical thinking ability would ask himself.

i beg thou from on my knees to forgive me. i should have never posted anything that could challenge the critically thinking bastion of tv experts.   sorry

6 hours ago, Boon Mee said:

Tangentially. 

The FBI's focus has been off for some time.

Boston Bombers

Pulse Nightclub

Many other examples so the Russia Probe has been a distraction for the FBI 

Are you suggesting that the FBI can only deal with one case at a time?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, atyclb said:

any friendly pointers or advice on how i can become as smart as you?

That's not possible but I would again refer to post # 25 on how to not come across as a complete nutter when posting. So ,have you given my advise some thought and maybe revised your "theory"?

I believe the point is "the FBI" missed it, like they missed Boston and most of the other shootings that they (FBI) knew about because they are so OBSESSED trying to take out Trump. Too many people, like you, are so anti the man you miss the point of what is actually happening in the US. Obama was nothing more than a Public Speaker, his administrations actions or rather LACK of Action on just about every foreign policy including Iran and North Korea has lead us to where we are today. I'm NOT a Trump fan at all but I am open minded enough to see past the 'personality', clearly you are not unfortunately like most of the media.  God help you!

So the two low level agents manning the call centre in West Virginia were preoccupied trying to get Cheetolini. Who needs to get a life. I know one thing for sure if you want a fight the FBI ain't the one you wanna mess with. They kinda take stuff personally

Sent from my Lenovo A1000 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

6 hours ago, grumbleweed said:

Just when you thought he couldn't get any lower.... a new record for the depths of depravity

Once again going where fake news fear to tread

A bit off-topic, but the Mcarthy like media witch-hunt against 'reds under the beds' is hotting up again in the UK too :laugh:.

It's very depressing that so many are happy to believe that the poor in capitalist, relatively wealthy countries are falling foul of soviet influence....:laugh:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Becker said:

That's not possible but I would again refer to post # 25 on how to not come across as a complete nutter when posting. So ,have you given my advise some thought and maybe revised your "theory"?

understand, becoming as smart as you is unattainable.  and i though i had some hope

19 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Do "trump supporters" actually believe there is any relation between the Russia investigation and FBI processes in dealing with reports of potential school shooters? If they do, that is truly pitiful. "trump's" latest twitter storm lying rant-fest as usual is a sign of his utter moral bankruptcy and nothing else, certainly nothing reflecting reality or truth. 

If a deflection is good enough for the President, it's good enough for the trumpies.

31 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Do "trump supporters" actually believe there is any relation between the Russia investigation and FBI processes in dealing with reports of potential school shooters? If they do, that is truly pitiful. "trump's" latest twitter storm lying rant-fest as usual is a sign of his utter moral bankruptcy and nothing else, certainly nothing reflecting reality or truth. 

I know what you mean.  When I first saw that Trump Tweet, I thought to myself "no one in their right mind could possibly believe that nonsense."  But the sheer stupidity of some Trump supporters is simply breathtaking. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

I know what you mean.  When I first saw that Trump Tweet, I thought to myself "no one in their right mind could possibly believe that nonsense."  But the sheer stupidity of some Trump supporters is simply breathtaking. 

Yep, and this may explain why the "trump supporters" will believe any and all lies from their "God Emperor" as some of the more dangerously ridiculous ones call him. 

Trump was not elected to protect America. He was chosen to protect whiteness.

But none of this matters to many Trump supporters — racism won’t allow them to see that Moscow is a far more dangerous threat to them than Mexico City. Trump is obliging their No. 1 concern: the defense of American whiteness.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/global-opinions/wp/2017/01/24/trump-was-not-elected-to-protect-america-he-was-chosen-to-protect-whiteness/

19 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

And don't forget the party supporting this most incompetent and insensitive Moron. When it is named "GOP"   -  I  :cheesy:

Grand?  MOP  is the right name - Misery Of (a) Party, confirmed by the history of the last 2 decades

Edited by puck2

And don't forget the party supporting this most incompetent Moron. When it is named "GOP"   -  I  :cheesy:

Grand?  MOP  is the right name - Misery Of (a) Party

One of his tweets this weekend actually accused Hillary of colusion with the Russians. Given the whole purpose of this meddling campaign was to make sure she didn't get elected kinda debunks that theory. Yet his base undoubtedly believes him.

Lost in the discussion is the way we've been asked (coerced, really) to give up our privacy rights in return for a commitment to keep us safer.

We're not any safer, because they can't possibly deal with the information overload.   So, do we get our privacy rights back?

No need to respond.  It's a rhetorical question.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, impulse said:

Lost in the discussion is the way we've been asked (coerced, really) to give up our privacy rights in return for a commitment to keep us safer.

We're not any safer, because they can't possibly deal with the information overload.   So, do we get our privacy rights back?

So some wackos civil rights are of  more value than your safety. Whats been lost in this discussion is that preventative pro active law enforcement ( surviellance , E analysts) will require adding staff. And this is being lost by those making false assumptions : it will never work, millions of tips, bla bla bla. I have replied about 3 times on how to stop this. The last one suggests confiscating firearms from wackos. 

1 hour ago, impulse said:

Are you referring to the Facebook posts the nutjob made?  I don't think that even he was stupid enough to think those were private.

1 hour ago, morrobay said:

So some wackos civil rights are of  more value than your safety. Whats been lost in this discussion is that preventative pro active law enforcement ( surviellance , E analysts) will require adding staff. And this is being lost by those making false assumptions : it will never work, millions of tips, bla bla bla. I have replied about 3 times on how to stop this. The last one suggests confiscating firearms from wackos. 

Wacko's civil rights?  My safety? 

You probably ought to re-read 1984, and look at what Ben Franklin had to say about purchasing temporary safety by giving up essential liberties.

Wacko's civil rights?  My safety? 

You probably ought to re-read 1984, and look at what Ben Franklin had to say about purchasing temporary safety by giving up essential liberties.

I agree. They are now saying arm the teachers to thwart an active shooter. Imagine all the training that would require not to mention the cost. As it is teachers have to buy school supplies for their students out of pocket without reimbursement but now they gonna buy them guns. Dang my country is messed up. What about churches another favourite target of crazies you gonna arm the preacher or at a concert or movie house. They, without realising it, are volunteering for a police state. I'm glad I kept my word and left the country after the election as soon as I sobered up enough to travel

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gecko123 said:

When Trump's taunts and ridicules the FBI, which is part of the executive branch of the government, he's taunting and ridiculing people who report directly to him. Who would want to work for someone that does that? No wonder there is such high turnover, so many unfilled vacancies, and such horrible morale in his administration. Wait until he is confronted with a serious crisis.

That's why Russians must be laughing their asses of right now. Oh wait - they really are:

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. — President Trump questioned the intensifying special counsel investigation of his 2016 campaign and his administration while attacking his own national security adviser, the FBI, Hillary Clinton, former president Barack Obama, Democrats in Congress, CNN and others in a remarkable nine-hour span of tweets that included profanity and misspellings.

I've never felt more ashamed.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, attrayant said:

That's why Russians must be laughing their asses of right now. Oh wait - they really are:

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. — President Trump questioned the intensifying special counsel investigation of his 2016 campaign and his administration while attacking his own national security adviser, the FBI, Hillary Clinton, former president Barack Obama, Democrats in Congress, CNN and others in a remarkable nine-hour span of tweets that included profanity and misspellings.

I've never felt more ashamed.

Don't be ashamed.  Trump is not the USA.  People made a big mistake but did it because they wanted change.  Now most realise that and that Trump was precisely what America didn't need.  HE is the embarrassment and the only people who need to feel ashamed are those who still support him!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dunroaming said:

Don't be ashamed.  Trump is not the USA.  People made a big mistake but did it because they wanted change.  Now most realise that and that Trump was precisely what America didn't need.  HE is the embarrassment and the only people who need to feel ashamed are those who still support him!

No they did it out of white resentment. Like it not, that is a too big part of the USA.