Briton, 67, arrested for robbery at luxury Bangkok hotel

webfact

7 hours ago, ScammedInThailand said:

+Argus Tuft - I do apologise. I didn't realise that not only are you dyslexic but clearly retarded too.

Firstly, YOUR response to the OP was to summarily dismiss his comments [which were very obviously tongue in cheek] as being 'totally unfounded and pure speculation'. Yet in the same breath state that YOU know exactly what the British Embassy's reaction should/will be. Are the words, arrogance, misguided/misinformed, insensitive and hypocritical on your computer's lexicon? If so, I urge you to check out their meanings.

Regarding your second point [and I couldn't decide if this was material for your next  comedy club performance?] that this was a matter for the local police and not the British Embassy - who presumably have much more important things to deal with such as helping the myriad criminals in Thailand. To repeat [oh .... if only you had paid attention in primary school and learnt to R-E-A-D!] this is not the point the OP was making.  A week or so ago there was a story featured on TVF that you patently missed stating that the vast majority of Thais feel their legal/justice system is a complete disaster. [no doubt, you will disagree with this - so I recommend you search for anti-corruption organisation GAN's recently published and extensively researched study on Thai corruption which produced identical findings]. 

So the real point being made was whether the victim has faith in the Thai police and that he will receive justice and possibly the return of the items stolen from him. To be honest and to repeat [again]  having witnessed 'Thai justice' [now, there's an oxymoron!] at first hand, my wife and I have absolutely no faith in the Thai justice system and clearly neither does the OP and arguably the victim also.

In conclusion, the whole thrust of the OP's post was to sarcastically express his/her opinion that victims of crime are generally ignored by British Embassies worldwide, whereas criminals are ALWAYS extended every possible means of support. This is a fact! And I gave 2 very recent examples for you - assassinated scam artist and gangster Tony Kenway and drug smuggler Laura Plummer. But, I even have a documentary film [available on YouTube] made in the 1990's of British Embassy staff visiting a convicted murderer in Thai prison, complete with magazines, writing materials and other items. The lady then proceeds to enquire from the prisoner whether he is 'satisfied' with the lawyer the Embassy had provided him with - and if he wasn't that they would happily find him another!

Whilst I accept that these kinds of behaviours may no longer be standard practice for British Embassies - i challenge YOU to provide evidence where VICTIMS OF CRIME have enjoyed the same levels of assistance. Otherwise just crawl back in your hole and leave the thinking to the grown-ups. 

Flame.  Please consider removing.  Way off topic and personally insulting