Trump blasts Oprah over 60 Minutes episode

webfact

Trump blasts Oprah over 60 Minutes episode

By Rich McKay

2018-02-19T074356Z_1_LYNXNPEE1I0GW_RTROPTP_4_FLORIDA-SHOOTING-TRUMP.JPG

U.S. President Donald Trump meets with law enforcement at the Broward County Sheriff's Office in the wake of the shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, U.S., February 16, 2018. REUTERS/Eric Thayer

(Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump blasted media mogul Oprah Winfrey on Twitter on Sunday night over a segment on CBS's 60 Minutes programme and again said he hoped she would face him as an opponent in the 2020 presidential race.

Actress and television host Winfrey, now a contributor to the CBS programme, led a panel of 14 Republican, Democrat and Independent voters from Grand Rapids, Michigan in a wide ranging discussion about Trump's first year in office.

Trump tweeted: "Just watched a very insecure Oprah Winfrey, who at one point I knew very well, interview a panel of people on 60 Minutes. The questions were biased and slanted, the facts incorrect. Hope Oprah runs so she can be exposed and defeated just like all of the others!"

Winfrey has told various media outlets, including Entertainment Weekly, that she is not running for president, but has considered it, after there was much recent media speculation.

The panelists ranged from voters who said "I love him more and more every day," to others questioning Trump's stability, saying, "All he does is bully people."

Winfrey made no declarative statements for or against the president in the programme. But she did ask questions ranging from whether the country is better off economically to whether respect for the country is eroding around the world.

(Reporting by Rich McKay; Editing by Michael Perry)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2018-02-19
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, i claudius said:

I cant even imagine in my wildest dreams Oprah as president of the USA lol

I thought that about Trump, particularly at the times he was in campaign debates and made such a colossal ass of himself.  I underestimated the number of American voters who would be so easily duped by a vile snake-oil salesman - many of whom enjoy watching the denigration of the USA.   I don't much care to see Oprah as prez, but even the janitor at a dog pound would do a better job than the dangerous dufus we're stuck with now.

Just one of the dozens of ways Trump is harming the US, here's an interview with a diplomat who quit the State Dept in protest against Trump.  She's just one of hundreds of (once-) career diplomats who have quit in protest.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, DM07 said:

That's what most of us are still saying about the man-baby in charge!

As an American, I agree with you ... but I would change the order ... he is a baby-man. In other words he is a baby in a mans body throwing tantrums and screening all the time.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, i claudius said:

I cant even imagine in my wildest dreams Oprah as president of the USA lol

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

It'd probably be even more entertaining than Trump....

Probably move the Oval office into a studio...

2 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

You mean even the black American's?

I would say that America is becoming increasingly hostile to itself in recent years. The polarization and continual criticisms is classic Marxism. United they stood! But that what was before showing national pride made you a fascist. 

Marxism?? No, that's feminism!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1