Chinese tourists warned - stop trashing "beautiful" Thailand

webfact

3 hours ago, mick220675 said:

Thais can feel superior with their environmental attitude as they hold their had out and take the Chinese money, but the Chinese are the masters now.

If Thailand wants ever increasing tourist revenues it will have to accept the ways of their powerful Chinese friends. The Chinese do not care what TAT says.

The TAT should breed starfish and then toss a bunch into the water before the Chinese bus unloads. Problem solved! 

• Haha 1

I agree that the Mainland Chinese can be quite an uncouth lot - I have had runs-in with this kind on more than one occasion but, to be fair, the Thais aren't exactly angels either. Keeping places clean and adopting sustainable practices is the responsibility of all - authorities, local businesses, visitors/tourists. The directive to keep things clean and undamaged shouldn't be aimed at one nationality alone.

4 hours ago, sfokevin said:

Ah yes... Beautiful untouched Koh Lipe... :coffee1:

F07B7629-EE73-4B1B-9FA1-204A1376175B.jpeg

E6F1ECFE-47DF-4119-8239-39EE62B1F4CF.jpeg

Exactly how I remember Koh Lipe on my visit a few years ago. So sad, and they collect national park fees from visitors as well. Thailand at it's worst!

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Chinese tourists warned - stop trashing "beautiful" Thailand

Someone should also tell Thais. This morning I followed a guy on a motorcycle out of my village. He was drinking orange juice from a plastic bottle which he threw on the roadside when he finished it. Pot, kettle, black.