Premchai’s DNA found on a gun seized at his jungle camp

rooster59

Premchai’s DNA found on a gun seized at his jungle camp

premchai-gun1.jpg

Forensic police found Premchai Karnasuta’s DNA on the hammer of the double-barrel shotgun seized from his jungle camp in Thung Yai Naresuan wildlife sanctuary.

However, this cannot confirm that the Italian-Thai Development Plc boss pulled the trigger than killed the black panther, said Pol Maj-Gen Thawatchai Mekprasertsook, commander of the Central Police Forensic Science Division, on Friday (Feb 23).

He said the DNA found on the hammer of the gun could not prove that Mr Premchai was the shooter.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/premchais-dna-found-gun-seized-jungle-camp/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-02-24

20 hours ago, rooster59 said:

However, this cannot confirm that the Italian-Thai Development Plc boss pulled the trigger than killed the black panther, said Pol Maj-Gen Thawatchai Mekprasertsook, commander of the Central Police Forensic Science Division, on Friday (Feb 23).

He said the DNA found on the hammer of the gun could not prove that Mr Premchai was the shooter.

Please just present the findings either positive or negative..shouldn't this opinion better kept to oneself?

21 hours ago, rooster59 said:

DNA found on the hammer of the gun

Just a thought from my hunting days with rifles and shotguns.  A hammer is usually the piece that must be cocked and has a pin or rimfire mechanism which is used to fire the bullet.  This is common for handguns and rifles but shotguns work differently and do not usually have an external hammer.  Here is the problem, is the writer referring to the hammer as the trigger because if so he knows nothing about guns as they are completely different, albeit associated parts of the firing mechanism and one works in conjunction with the other.  Out of curiosity, was the animal in question killed by shotgun pellets or a slug?  Pellets could make a mess of the pelt if used at close range.

• Like 1

I used to have a single shot Cooey. It had a hammer. Some double barrel shotguns also have hammers.

18 minutes ago, wotsdermatter said:

Out of curiosity, was the animal in question killed by shotgun pellets or a slug?  Pellets could make a mess of the pelt if used at close range.

They showed the skin of that panther earlier. They clearly were not too concerned about damaging the pelt. It had like 8 bullet holes in it and they did a very amateurish job of skinning it. All jagged and they ripped one of the eye holes. My dad would have kicked my butt pretty hard if he saw me treat a pelt that way. 

It is possible they were using a shotgun with large pellets like BB's or buck shot, that would account for multiple holes

Some boltaction guns have hammers, which are the back end of the bolt. Some winchesters and Browning rifles still have hammers, as well. We need more picture evidence.. Maybe this used to be hi-so, will not get off with only a fine, I hope he is only one of many who really, really  need some quality jail time, and total loss of face.

Geezer

• Like 1