The Mother in law

Rodwalloper

2 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Normal guys live in their home country all their lives and eat the shit their women and government heap on them.

Normal women also live in their home countries all their lives, but take all they can, from normal guys, and their government.

As usual a super serious comment of great intelligence from you. Thanks, once again!
You must have been having a miserable life with only negative and bad experiences.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Get Real said:

As usual a super serious comment of great intelligence from you. Thanks, once again!
You must have been having a miserable life with only negative and bad experiences.

I thought it was a normal life.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

I thought it was a normal life.

Yes, of course. If you only have experience from one thing, that will automatically turn out to seem normal. Unfortunately, that is not always the truth.

Edited by Get Real

17 hours ago, Get Real said:

Given there are 7 or 8 billion people on the planet and most of them live horrible lives, negative and bad experiences are the ''normal". Our privileged and wonderful lives in rich western countries are anything but "normal" in the greater experience of humanity.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Given there are 7 or 8 billion people on the planet and most of them live horrible lives, negative and bad experiences are the ''normal". Our privileged and wonderful lives in rich western countries are anything but "normal" in the greater experience of humanity.

Most part of the 7-8 billion people on the planet lives horrible lifes. Hmm....According to your scale of judgement about quality of life?

Many farmers in Thailand, as one example, do not consider their life miserable. Therefore you can not put them in your own little box of horrible lifes. Most of them have their own land and houses. That´s many times more than a person in the western world have. There many people rent their homes. How do you equaly measure and difine the best quality of life in thoose two scenarios.

In China you have the biggest country regarding popilation on earth. Most of the farmers there also have their land and their own house. I do not think that they either think of their lifes as miserable, even if they would like to have a better standing in society.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Many farmers in Thailand, as one example, do not consider their life miserable. Therefore you can not put them in your own little box of horrible lifes. Most of them have their own land and houses. That´s many times more than a person in the western world have. There many people rent their homes. How do you equaly measure and difine the best quality of life in thoose two scenarios.

In China you have the biggest country regarding popilation on earth. Most of the farmers there also have their land and their own house. I do not think that they either think of their lifes as miserable, even if they would like to have a better standing in society.

Gotta agree with Get Real,

Most people in the West are unhappy compared to people in Asia.

#MeToo.

Happiness is a beer in one hand and a Bar Girl in the other.

Edited by MaeJoMTB
  • Haha 1

I am Thai and my husband is American. I married him almost 10 years ago. He never give anything or
money to my parents and not even pocket money to me. Moreover I have to spend my own previous saved money for my personal expenses and also local market shopping goods even though I am retired and have no income. 
The least he could do is cover your food expenses. That he gives no money to your parents is normal for his culture.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Reading these types of thread it really is no surprise why so many expats have one or more failed marriages behind them in the west.

When you are married, you are a partnership, and in my view you should support one and others family if the circumstances are correct. The fact that most will be in a position to assist the Thai family more than the farang is just the way it is in terms of the necessity and cost.

It seems so many have such a defensive attitude and lack of trust in their partner or their partners families.

Partly agree with you. Husband should support a wife but that does not mean paying a salary and paying for her family.

Just covering all expenses should be enough. If there are no kids there is no reason for the wife not to work. Its not like in a partnership one has to work and provide while the other has the easy life.

Of course if a guy wants a wife to stay at home with him then he should at least pay for it as she is not allowed to work.

I feel paying for the whole extended family is a scam. They were doing fine before the guy came in the picture why should he now pay extra.

13 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Most of the people I know in the US are pretty happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Then why is the tv news always showing them killing each other, rioting, dying of opioid abuse, demonstrating about everything and just constantly moaning about other people. Almost every American movie has them killing each other, or fighting, or shouting at their spouses.I know movies are not real life, but they reflect real life.

I rarely hear anything good out of the US. It's usually hate.

Even American comedy is hateful. Homer is a revolting person ( if he was real ). Almost every American tv series is about killing people or being horrible.

The nicest movies are from other countries. The best and nicest I know are from Japan. They are from the Ghibli studios.

7 minutes ago, robblok said:

I feel paying for the whole extended family is a scam. They were doing fine before the guy came in the picture why should he now pay extra.

True. The rule of thumb I developed ( unfortunately too late ) is "what would they have done if I wasn't there".

I agree. But you have to remember that many of these young girls are not with their partner because they find them attractive, and all things being equal would not have chosen them given a  choice. Most are with them as it provides them and to some extent their families a level of security which they otherwise would never had. (and provides the bloke a decent ride which he would never of got elsewhere) In that type of relationship where if the bloke looks at it with a clear head, he must realize that this type of thing will crop up, and i cannot blame the ladies for trying to get as much security as possible for them, their families and all their futures.

But that is what happens if the guy wants a far younger and beautiful wife while he himself is much older and not a real catch. Then its clear she is in it for the money. I would not call that real relationships. More a marriage of convenience where he has a pretty wife and she has a ATM.

Fine if you like it like that but not my cup of tea and knowing you a bit (at least i think i know your thoughts on this field) also not your cup of tea.

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

But that is what happens if the guy wants a far younger and beautiful wife while he himself is much older and not a real catch. Then its clear she is in it for the money. I would not call that real relationships. More a marriage of convenience where he has a pretty wife and she has a ATM.

Fine if you like it like that but not my cup of tea and knowing you a bit (at least i think i know your thoughts on this field) also not your cup of tea.

Rob, being brutully honest a hell of a lot of thai/farang relationships would fall into marriage of convenience. I am sure people can learn to like each other but really a young nubile Thai lady finding some 50 year old plus bin man from Europe anything other than security is not likely.

1 hour ago, Get Real said:

Most part of the 7-8 billion people on the planet lives horrible lifes. Hmm....According to your scale of judgement about quality of life?

Even if every farmer in LOS owned their own land, which they don't, and was happy as a sandboy, that's only about 30 to 40 million, which is hardly any of the world's population.

In China you have the biggest country regarding popilation on earth. Most of the farmers there also have their land and their own house

LOL

In general, rural collectives own agricultural land and the state owns urban land. However, Article 70 of The Property Law allows for ownership of exclusive parts within an apartment building, which endorses the individual ownership of apartments.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_property_law

13 minutes ago, robblok said:

Partly agree with you. Husband should support a wife but that does not mean paying a salary and paying for her family.

Just covering all expenses should be enough. If there are no kids there is no reason for the wife not to work. Its not like in a partnership one has to work and provide while the other has the easy life.

Of course if a guy wants a wife to stay at home with him then he should at least pay for it as she is not allowed to work.

No need to allow others to play with your football robblok you worked hard for the money to buy it!! let them work to buy their own, and if they insist on trying to play and have the audacity to invite friends and family to play too, take your ball home.....:smile:

Then why is the tv news always showing them killing each other, rioting, dying of opioid abuse, demonstrating about everything and just constantly moaning about other people. Almost every American movie has them killing each other, or fighting, or shouting at their spouses.I know movies are not real life, but they reflect real life.
I rarely hear anything good out of the US. It's usually hate.
Even American comedy is hateful. Homer is a revolting person ( if he was real ). Almost every American tv series is about killing people or being horrible.
The nicest movies are from other countries. The best and nicest I know are from Japan. They are from the Ghibli studios.

Yeah, I don’t know anybody on TV, you?

I doubt very much if news shows just showing work-a-day guys driving home and back would be very popular.
  • Like 1

Rob, being brutully honest a hell of a lot of thai/farang relationships would fall into marriage of convenience. I am sure people can learn to like each other but really a young nubile Thai lady finding some 50 year old plus bin man from Europe anything other than security is not likely.
I agree i seen it often and those are the guys who complain all Thais are in it for the money when it goes wrong falsely assuming everyone is in such a relation. It gets a bit old at times.

I was fortunate to come here when i was 33 so i mingled with a totally different scene as those guys. That is why my experiences are so much better. The Thai woman i dated and my friends dated were financially independent so it was different. Plus the age differences were far smaller and dated girls with similar interests.

I seen Thai woman pay for foreign boyfriends if the guys were low o n money. Of course those guys looked good and there was obvious non financial attraction.

Its just rarer to see those comments here.

5 minutes ago, robblok said:

I agree i seen it often and those are the guys who complain all Thais are in it for the money when it goes wrong falsely assuming everyone is in such a relation. It gets a bit old at times.

I was fortunate to come here when i was 33 so i mingled with a totally different scene as those guys. That is why my experiences are so much better. The Thai woman i dated and my friends dated were financially independent so it was different. Plus the age differences were far smaller and dated girls with similar interests.

I seen Thai woman pay for foreign boyfriends if the guys were low o n money. Of course those guys looked good and there was obvious non financial attraction.

Its just rarer to see those comments here.

There are really ugly farang 33 year old's ya know.......:stoner:

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, transam said:

Can't see an Aussie meat head injecting steroids as much of a catch.

Yeah, I saw the photos .......... and at 60+ I looked way better.

Edited by MaeJoMTB
  • Thanks 1

Yes there are but just like with woman in general a 33 year old looks better as a 55 year old. With some exceptions of course. I know i looked better a 33 then 43. There are a few people who look better when old Sean Connery is one of them.

Can't see an Aussie meat head injecting steroids as much of a catch.
Yeah, I saw the photos .......... and at 60+ I looked way better.
Not sure who your talking about presumably not me or you must have lost your mind at old age a common terrible thing. I am Dutch.

3 minutes ago, robblok said:

Not sure who your talking about presumably not me or you must have lost your mind at old age a common terrible thing. I am Dutch.

The photos were of you wearing a bathing suit on an Oz beach.

Mr Flabby @33.

Edited by MaeJoMTB
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

Yes there are but just like with woman in general a 33 year old looks better as a 55 year old. With some exceptions of course. I know i looked better a 33 then 43. There are a few people who look better when old Sean Connery is one of them.

And me....5170.gif.8748d990e7825d684c8798ec4a043796.gif

Beauty is in the eye of the bemuscled....:giggle:
Not many like true bodybuilders i certainly don't. I admire what they achieved but like it less muscular. Most woman like muscular but not that muscular.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, robblok said:

Not many like true bodybuilders i certainly don't. I admire what they achieved but like it less muscular. Most woman like muscular but not that muscular.

Agreed...Mrs.Trans has ....:saai:....at my weight loss and young guy proportions....I cannot win...