Arsenal

MiG16

Aw Bob lighten up.

It's only a birrofa laff.

biggrin.png

I thought it was a spam ad for cheap footy shirts. whistling.gif

Ah right.

The mods can handle that then.

Although wasn't someone complaining about not being able to find a Cardiff one?

smile.png

Yep, but a few more for the squad please. Crazy to have to be fielding Wilshere for 90 minutes when Fernabache's sole craft seemed to be hacking lumps out of him. Worrying when all the rumours are about forwards and attacking midfielders; lip-smacking though Ozil and Benzema may be, we need a CD and a goalkeeper* too.

COYG

* Arsene could do worse than picking up the Fernabache stopper - the only quality I've seen in the Turkish side over 2 legs

Edited by SantiSuk

Before the carping starts, we'll take that seeding system thank you very much. Doesn't mean I agree with it though. In fact it is utter <deleted> and typical of the outmoded Old Boys network approach to football thumbsup.gif. It's probably saved Wenger's neck in recent years too.

Before the carping starts, we'll take that seeding system thank you very much. Doesn't mean I agree with it though. In fact it is utter <deleted> and typical of the outmoded Old Boys network approach to football thumbsup.gif. It's probably saved Wenger's neck in recent years too.

So having your seeding status based on your overall performance against other teams in the competition is "<deleted>"?

Why's that then?

If you are going to have seedings, you have to base it on something.

What would you base it on?

So having your seeding status based on your overall performance against other teams in the competition is "<deleted>"?

Why's that then?

Well this might help in forming an opinion..... i didnt realise this is how they calculated... I think it is utter <deleted> myself...... Nice one ARSEnal, suits you lot nicely.

Coefficient calculation

Clubs' coefficients are determined by the sum of all points won in the previous five years, plus 20% of the association coefficient over the same period (33% before 2009).

Edited by iancnx

Why's that then?

Well this might help in forming an opinion..... i didnt realise this is how they calculated... I think it is utter <deleted> myself...... Nice one ARSEnal, suits you lot nicely.

Coefficient calculation

Clubs' coefficients are determined by the sum of all points won in the previous five years, plus 20% of the association coefficient over the same period (33% before 2009).

Needs to be less biased towards long term performance in the Champions League and more towards recent performance in the actual constituent leagues (the big 4-5 leagues anyway) IMO Chicog. I'm not saying that a Manchester City that bought itself straight into the no 1 spot in the UK league should get a top seeding but it was ridiculous that they got the group they got last year, whereas we, who do bu$$er all in our domestic league except scrape by for the last few years keep getting the easy ride that then gets us a good seeding the following year.

Like I said, I'll take it and thank you very much UEFA, but it doesn't strike me as natural fairness. Love Arsenal (the history and the Wenger approach to football) but no <deleted> way are we a top 5 European side mate - that's been my beef with this current management set up for the last 3 years and the seeding system has reinforced their continuing mediocrity.

Seeing as the first criteria is you have to finish high enough in your domestic league, I would suggest where you finished in that domestic league is the seeding. That way, it is seeding on your current performance.

As the seeding is done on the last 5 years, I think you have had to qualify 3 times in those 5 years because you didn't finish high enough in your domestic league and yet still get a top seeding. Which means you will get the easier draw, should progress and get more points for next years Champs League. I can understand you favouring the current way but if you weren't an Arsenal fan you would see how skewed it actually is.

Needs to be less biased towards long term performance in the Champions League and more towards recent performance in the actual constituent leagues (the big 4-5 leagues anyway) IMO Chicog. I'm not saying that a Manchester City that bought itself straight into the no 1 spot in the UK league should get a top seeding but it was ridiculous that they got the group they got last year, whereas we, who do bu$$er all in our domestic league except scrape by for the last few years keep getting the easy ride that then gets us a good seeding the following year.

Like I said, I'll take it and thank you very much UEFA, but it doesn't strike me as natural fairness. Love Arsenal (the history and the Wenger approach to football) but no <deleted> way are we a top 5 European side mate - that's been my beef with this current management set up for the last 3 years and the seeding system has reinforced their continuing mediocrity.

You're such a <deleted> Santi.

<deleted> off and support the tiny totts, you're made for each other.

• Like 1

You're such a wanke_r Santi.

We don't want him supporting us laugh.png

• Like 1

Champions League for 16th time in a row. The tiny totts trying to buy their way into it.

Arsenal vs Spurs on Sunday.

Who could ask for more?

biggrin.png

Yep 16 times and still ain't won it, don't know why you bother really, as a matter of fact have you ever won a european trophy ?

Champions League for 16th time in a row. The tiny totts trying to buy their way into it.

Who could ask for more?

biggrin.png

Yep 16 times and still ain't won it, don't know why you bother really, as a matter of fact have you ever won a european trophy ?

We bother because it's a minimum of something like 25 million quid and it paid for the best part of a 350 million pound stadium.

And let's not forget that every win we've had in the competition increases the coefficient for other English clubs as well, so there will come a time when Manchester Dhabi will be grateful for the points we've earned for them.

Who could ask for more?

biggrin.png

We bother because it's a minimum of something like 25 million quid and it paid for the best part of a 350 million pound stadium.

And let's not forget that every win we've had in the competition increases the coefficient for other English clubs as well, so there will come a time when Manchester Dhabi will be grateful for the points we've earned for them.

Any luck on a answer to the question !

Who could ask for more?

biggrin.png

Any luck on a answer to the question !

Of course we have, but I'm not doing your googling for you, you lazy toerag.

thumbsup.gif

We don't want him supporting us laugh.png

So as I read it, Small Potatoes and Chicog are the ones that are made for each other. Same tired old tribal approach to football supportingtongue.png

So as I read it, Small Potatoes and Chicog are the ones that are made for each other. Same tired old tribal approach to football supportingtongue.png

Yes, we're tired of listening to the same old bullshit from whingers like you.

thumbsup.gif

Hell I was sent to Coventry for 3 days for much less....lol

thumbsup.gif

Nice of you to go to the trouble of putting (not inappropriate) bold emphasis in there Chicog. Punctuation in all the right places and short and pithy - hell you are almost literary. I reckon you are masquerading as a pleb for the fun of it coffee1.gif.

thumbsup.gif

Nice of you to go to the trouble of putting (not inappropriate) bold emphasis in there Chicog. Punctuation in all the right places and short and pithy - hell you are almost literary. I reckon you are masquerading as a pleb for the fun of it coffee1.gif.

We love infighting. clap2.gif

Here,s a cracking link for the Arse faithful. Well worth a read. It has been written by Arsenal fans who seem a little tetchy by the dynamic management team at the Emirates....... Enjoy you gooners

http://hereisthecity.com/2013/08/28/how-arsenal-fans-reacted-on-twitter-to-tottenham-signing-lamela/?#disqus_thread

Our displeasure is already well self-confessed on here.

"cracking link"? you really do sound like a 12 year old at times Iantongue.png

Edited by SantiSuk

Here,s a cracking link for the Arse faithful. Well worth a read. It has been written by Arsenal fans who seem a little tetchy by the dynamic management team at the Emirates....... Enjoy you gooners

http://hereisthecity.com/2013/08/28/how-arsenal-fans-reacted-on-twitter-to-tottenham-signing-lamela/?#disqus_thread

Our displeasure is already well self-confessed on here.

"cracking link"? you really do sound like a 12 year old at times IanPosted Image

That's more like it Santi..... Getting ready for Sunday..... I can't wait