Arsenal

MiG16

You not twigged yet that I am not a "fan" as in fanatic, like most of you guys on here, Alfie? Ask Chicog!

I was angry as h_ll: no point in burning at 4:30am in my book. Quite a few paying fans were walking out at the same time, I noticed immediately after posting that intent.

Played like relegation fodder, not title candidates. Mystifying. Avoid at all costs Chicog.

The boss whining about decisions rather missed the point. Normally the reaction would be to make substantial team changes, but we don't have much proven talent available. Reminder not to be complacent in the January window this year. On paper two easy home games against Bournemouth and the barcodes, but nothing seems to go to form this year

In anticipation of responses saying that Bournemouth are not easy; yes - Bournemouth are a form team at the moment but they are also a flowing football team.

We usually beat that kind of team (eg Watford/Leicester). Stoke, West Brom and 24 hours ago Southampton, get the strategy right for Arsenal games. Kick us about a bit and our defence still has overly-brittle qualities, particularly when Coquelin is on the injury table. Ozil is another who doesn't like the physical. Defensively, still light years away from the Invincibles.

Man City rumoured to be building a raid on Vardy. Wenger should throw some cash at Leicester for Wes Morgan IMO. I doubt the boys at King Power will play ball with either (unless they are in it for the money a la Thaksin)

Edited by SantiSuk

Looks like both Chic and I missed the game (me leading a 6 hour bar crawl around Ubon for a party of 12). Feelin kinda fuzzy. Great to get back on track!

Spent longer drinking in one bar with a wee toad yesterday.

You Gooners don't even do pissups properly! B)

On replay I was surprised how easy this game was for us and we did not even play at the top of our game*.

Eddie Howe has gone down in my estimation - gave some bull$it post-match assessment about how long they were in with a chance of getting something out of the game. Truth is he played a naive match startegy - tried to out-football us and used no pressing or strong tackling. Did he not watch the Southampton game (or video of many other games we have done poorly in)? Bit like Wenger, before he played at Man City 18 months ago and discovered the power of plan B!

*Ox and Ozil did play at the top of their game. Theo looked dangerous and darted well but seemed to lose his ruthless strike. Could have been 4-0.

Looked at the Arsenal site to refresh my understanding of when key players return. Alexis could be back against Sunderland in the cup on Saturday (but foolish to bring him back other than some time at the end unless $hit happens).

That's about the only good news. Cazorla, Coquelin and Wilshere look like 6 weeks to 3 months away still.

Wenger was quoted as saying that he has no immediate signings in hand but will be taking a look (or something similar).

Sometimes his apparent complacency annoys the h_ll out of me. We will not win the Prem this year IMO due to that tendency. Before the end of the season the press and we plastics will be barracking him again. I hope he proves me wrong and that there are no more injuries to midfielders of the can defend/stick the boot in variety.

Looked at the Arsenal site to refresh my understanding of when key players return. Alexis could be back against Sunderland in the cup on Saturday (but foolish to bring him back other than some time at the end unless $hit happens).

That's about the only good news. Cazorla, Coquelin and Wilshere look like 6 weeks to 3 months away still.

Wenger was quoted as saying that he has no immediate signings in hand but will be taking a look (or something similar).

Sometimes his apparent complacency annoys the h_ll out of me. We will not win the Prem this year IMO due to that tendency. Before the end of the season the press and we plastics will be barracking him again. I hope he proves me wrong and that there are no more injuries to midfielders of the can defend/stick the boot in variety.

Don't panic Santi!

This morning's quotes are more optimistic. Per Telegraph, Arsene said yesterday:

"I don’t give much away because I don’t know [what’s happening with transfers].

I want to talk about them and hopefully we are capable of doing something in the next 10 days.

It’s more about quality than quantity because our players will not stay out injured forever. Francis Coquelin is starting to run, Santi Cazorla will be back in mid-February, and Mikel Arteta is back now so, hopefully, if we can add one and, if needed, two maximum"

An Egyptian midfield BTB dynamo and Dortmund's striker Aubemayang are two press speculations (though Klippety might have something to say about the latter)

Edited by SantiSuk

Hello campers, I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.

PP was fkin awesome, as was Siem Reap and all the rest.

Did we all have a nice festive frolic?

A nice, safe holiday season, though Smokie was up to his usual cross-dressing, boozing ways NY Eve.post-170460-0-88933900-1452334411_thumb.

• Like 1

Tsk Tsk Smokes.

Arsenal on the telly, good stuff.

Calum Chambers playing in that DM position, that should be interesting. (Unless he's playing three at the back and pushing Gibbs and Bellerin forward.

A very attacking Arsenal side.

He's given Mes a well earned day off.

Edited by Chicog

Hello campers, I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.

PP was fkin awesome, as was Siem Reap and all the rest.

Did we all have a nice festive frolic?

A nice, safe holiday season, though Smokie was up to his usual cross-dressing, boozing ways NY Eve.attachicon.gifCXu64_jWkAAfX8J.jpg

I can see your selfie stick Jellybean.

Oh aye its 1-0 to the Ars....oh no its not.

Jog on Chic...glad to see you made it back to the sandpit in one piece.