Arsenal

MiG16

Unfortunately Arsenal's dealings in the transfer market since David Dein left the board have ranged from poor to non-existant, other than Sanchez and Ozil. To find a quality centre back is extremely

difficult within the parameters of Arsenal' spending abilities. Even though they supposedly have money to splash out, they won't cos I suspect they are still paying off the debts for the plush stadium.

Not much good having an excellent stadium if you're team isn't winning any major trophies and one wonders if messrs. Sanchez and Ozil will stay with a club without ambition when their contracts are near

to expiry.

4 hours ago, nbm47 said:

Unfortunately Arsenal's dealings in the transfer market since David Dein left the board have ranged from poor to non-existant, other than Sanchez and Ozil. To find a quality centre back is extremely

difficult within the parameters of Arsenal' spending abilities. Even though they supposedly have money to splash out, they won't cos I suspect they are still paying off the debts for the plush stadium.

Not much good having an excellent stadium if you're team isn't winning any major trophies and one wonders if messrs. Sanchez and Ozil will stay with a club without ambition when their contracts are near

to expiry.

Arsenal have oodles in the bank.

But unfortunately Wenger is a tight fisted old bastard.

Gazidis isn't much better.

And Silent Stan just treats the club as an investment.

So it's Holding and Chambers then.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Franky Bear said:

I have a soft spot for Arsenal.

But sadly Arsenal are now a 4th place team. The game against Liverpool at the weekend is the battle for 4/5th place at best.

Yeah Franky so you didn't see the league table last season then mate.

:clap2:

2 hours ago, Franky Bear said:

Like the progress made by all top teams....aside from Arsenal.

Learn football mate :thumbsup:

Yeah Franky you're another one of those people that thinks spending money is a sign of progress.

Perhaps you missed the whole of the Premier league last year. Too busy watching the Scottish championship perhaps?

:rolleyes:

9 minutes ago, Chicog said:

Yeah Franky you're another one of those people that thinks spending money is a sign of progress.

Perhaps you missed the whole of the Premier league last year. Too busy watching the Scottish championship perhaps?

:rolleyes:

It the managers that have come in and the football they will have their teams playing. Stick with me mate, you will learn  (DM me if you prefer) 

Just now, Chicog said:

Alright Franky, we get it, you're a big fan of flat track monkeys that spend big.

All good.

Should be a real good game. Hard one to predict so early but will go for a 2-1 Liverpool. Hopefully (and usually) i'm wrong. 

On August 8, 2016 at 0:22 PM, Chicog said:

We don't need to rush out and buy two centre backs - one for sure, but not two.

But please please please get Lacazette whatever it costs, if he's available.

Oh yes you do.  

However dreadful your defense is its staggering that they are screaming for Wenger's head forty-five minutes into the new season.

10 minutes ago, smokie36 said:

This quote thing is knacckered.

Anyway carms he is reduced to pointing out your use of American English. 

Thanks to all the Arsenal for putting a smile on my Monday morning drizzle! :clap2:

Its a club in crisis!!  Along with the new software on this site!  Can hardly be bothered to try and post anymore....should please a few people.

But anyway, back to football and its nice to see Arsenal providing a few laughs so early into the season.:D

Ignore that, it's been sat in my reply box since yesterday and the only way to get rid of the bloody thing is to post it.

This upgrade is obviously still got problems!

And the thing's been up and down like a whore's drawers today so it's making it very hard to even post a whinge.

Edited by Chicog
  • Like 2

2 seasons back I think I expressed the view that Wenger looked like he needed a break from football.For me nothings changed.His negativity and excuses are detrimental to Arsenal achieving.Prospective signings may feel the same,time is running out and supporters may get more pro active in expressing their frustration,not good for a club that is financially stable and need to freshen up the squad like SAF did so successfully

1 hour ago, Sparkles said:

2 seasons back I think I expressed the view that Wenger looked like he needed a break from football.For me nothings changed.His negativity and excuses are detrimental to Arsenal achieving.Prospective signings may feel the same,time is running out and supporters may get more pro active in expressing their frustration,not good for a club that is financially stable and need to freshen up the squad like SAF did so successfully

I think Arsenal management would have Wenger forever. They want to spend money even less than he does, yet they qualify for CL play every year regardless. Clearly they are not ruthless about winning the league. You know they adore Wenger.

55 minutes ago, Chicog said:

I think the Arsenal owner is quite happy with the books and doesn't give much of a toss about any of the teams he owns as long as his investments turn a profit.

That is the impression I get.

Probably true but there will come a point where the fans vote with their feet and that's when it gets nasty ,early walk outs,sponsors get twitchy and it reaches a point where the owners will just have to act.You can't continue in this mode.Miss the top 4 might be the tipping point.