Arsenal

MiG16

52 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Is there any proof behind these beliefs by some?

1. all bad refereeing decisions for and against a team equal out over a season

2. Over a season you all get a far better rub of the green when compared with the rest of the teams in the league

I doubt it myself.

Just cast your mind back to the time before the Abu Dhabi money rolled in when you were amongst the "also rans". I'm sure you could find plenty of examples of your own. Refs want to ref Man City v Chelsea, not Burnley v Palace. They get scored by the clubs.

Edited by champers

There are plenty example of my club being advantaged and disadvantaged by incorrect refereeing pre-2008 and post-2008, I just doubt that (1.) all bad refereeing decisions for and against a team equal out over a season and (2.) Over a season you all get a far better rub of the green when compared with the rest of the teams in the league, and I've never seen any facts that support (1.) and (2.). I think they're just football talk/myths.

3 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Alexis Sanchez's first Arsenal goal was handball... Mark Clattenburg apologised to us at half-time, says Hull defender Andrew Robertson

'When we came out at half-time, the referee's apologised to us and said there was handball so he's obviously looked at it at half-time and seen he was in the wrong. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4214912/Alexis-Sanchez-s-Arsenal-goal-handball.html

"Sorry it was handball" is not the same as "Sorry it was deliberate handball and I made a mistake". 

Plus he consulted his assistant referee, and I'm guessing they both came to the same conclusion. It wasn't deliberate handball.

Confirmed by both Howard Webb and whatever Referee Sky use, because I can't remember his name.

Really, it's a no brainer.

Things these even themselves out.

3 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^Carmine by now you should know that all bad refereeing decisions for and against a team equal out over a season - from 'The World According to Chicog'.

Only in your fictitious world does your club get hard done by.

39 minutes ago, Chicog said:

"Sorry it was handball" is not the same as "Sorry it was deliberate handball and I made a mistake". 

Plus he consulted his assistant referee, and I'm guessing they both came to the same conclusion. It wasn't deliberate handball.

Confirmed by both Howard Webb and whatever Referee Sky use, because I can't remember his name.

Gallagher isn't it?

55 minutes ago, Chicog said:

The whole deliberate handball thing is not applied by the letter of the law. 

Fouls are given for unintentional handball every week.

Usually the refs apply their own interpretation of the arm being in a natural or unnatural position, not always if it's deliberate or not.

Sanchez' arm was in an unnatural position and any other day that would have been given as a foul. You could bet if he was defending and the ball struck his hand like that it would be a foul. 

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

The whole deliberate handball thing is not applied by the letter of the law. 

Fouls are given for unintentional handball every week.

Usually the refs apply their own interpretation of the arm being in a natural or unnatural position, not always if it's deliberate or not.

Sanchez' arm was in an unnatural position and any other day that would have been given as a foul. You could bet if he was defending and the ball struck his hand like that it would be a foul. 

I agree it does seem rather arbitrary sometimes, but in this case there is no way he had his hand there expecting the ball to come back.

And there is no way the defender that blocked the Ox's shot did it deliberately.

But for the red card: He knew it was going in the net and just chanced it.

2 hours ago, Chicog said:

These things even themselves out do they...try telling the Irish that about the Terry Henry incident they're still pissed about!

12 hours ago, Sparkles said:

The handball controversy could have been settled in 30 secs with video review upstairs.Ref would ask over mike 'Is there any reason I shouldn't award a goal ? Answer would have come back eliminating any doubt.Works in Rugby and the mistakes this season are unprecedented and could well decide top 4

Yes, you clearly didn't see "video referees" in action in the World Club Championship, did you?

It works in Rugby because it has lots of natural breaks.

The mistakes this season will not decide the top 4. 

And there is no handball controversy except in the minds of a few desperate Hull players. It clearly wasn't deliberate and two other Premiership referees have said as much.

Again, people need to read and understand the laws.

The referee got it right.

Have any of you watched the farce when this was used in the World Club Cup Vase Trophy?

No. So shut up.

You're just going to ruin the game.

:post-4641-1156693976:

:post-4641-1156694572:

There was a thread opened on your stupid video replays, go and use it.

Edited by Chicog

On 12/02/2017 at 0:09 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

^Carmine by now you should know that all bad refereeing decisions for and against a team equal out over a season - from 'The World According to Chicog'.

But us Scousers are stitched up every season. The Premier League will make sure no silverware goes to Merseyside.

8 hours ago, Chicog said:

Says the smug git who has seen his team lift the Premiership how many times?

:post-4641-1156694572:

Yh yh heard it all before but who do you fancy to be at the helm of your team? Fancy a flier like Winger again? Couple of beautiful seasons and 15 years of hurt thereafter.  Let's get real the end is near so whose the new man gonna be cog?

^"Fancy a flier like Winger again? Couple of beautiful seasons and 15 years of hurt thereafter."

Not sure what the first sentence means but I'm not having the 2nd. 3 Premier's and 6 FA Cups plus yearly involvement in the Champions League and always in the mix in the Premier is probably 2nd only to Rednose and isn't shabby. Can ALL of Liverpool manager's combined in the same period compare. Answer: No; not one Premier!

31 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Yh yh heard it all before but who do you fancy to be at the helm of your team? Fancy a flier like Winger again? Couple of beautiful seasons and 15 years of hurt thereafter.  Let's get real the end is near so whose the new man gonna be cog?

15 years of hurt?

I can only assuming you are on some powerful psychotropics.

highbury-square-arsenal-62.jpg?imgmax=80

It's almost like Wenger paid for this out of his own pocket, it is a magnificent stadium.

But yes, I suspect this go at the CL will be his last, whether he moves up or on I don't know.

Obviously I like Simeone, in this day and age we need someone to put a foot up players' <deleted>.

But Wenger came from nowhere, so who knows?

The press will link us with everyone and their auntie/dog/parrot.

TBH I don't care, it's football innit, players come and go and so do managers. Can't see the point in getting worked up about it.

49 minutes ago, Chicog said:

15 years of hurt?

I can only assuming you are on some powerful psychotropics.

highbury-square-arsenal-62.jpg?imgmax=80

It's almost like Wenger paid for this out of his own pocket, it is a magnificent stadium.

But yes, I suspect this go at the CL will be his last, whether he moves up or on I don't know.

Obviously I like Simeone, in this day and age we need someone to put a foot up players' <deleted>.

But Wenger came from nowhere, so who knows?

The press will link us with everyone and their auntie/dog/parrot.

TBH I don't care, it's football innit, players come and go and so do managers. Can't see the point in getting worked up about it.

Yh good call Simeone would be a good candidate. Whoever comes in needs to take a good look at the medical team. Suspect lot just so many injuries to key players for what seems like years. I think it's great for Arsenal as I don't think anyone took em too seriously for a while. 

58 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^"Fancy a flier like Winger again? Couple of beautiful seasons and 15 years of hurt thereafter."

Not sure what the first sentence means but I'm not having the 2nd. 3 Premier's and 6 FA Cups plus yearly involvement in the Champions League and always in the mix in the Premier is probably 2nd only to Rednose and isn't shabby. Can ALL of Liverpool manager's combined in the same period compare. Answer: No; not one Premier!

He had a great start to life at Arsenal - a flier.

Did it continue in the same vein - no

If people were all as honest as Ian Wright is Wenger lucky to still have a job given the lack of progress - yes