Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

26 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

I am stating what the article says, not what my views are on the article.

Another poster also has a problem distinguishing between direct quotes from a news source and someone's opinion.

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2018/jun/18/brussels-seeks-to-tie-uk-to-european-human-rights-court-after-brexit

If you think the article is wrong, take it up direct with the Guardian.

I will even help you out with the contact details.

020 3353 2000 or dialling from overseas +44 20 3353 2000.

[email protected]

Nothing wrong with the article, its your method of interpretation that is flawed. Pick out an isolated piece of text and change the context.

You have just done it again, attaching Thailand to a comment on the ECHR. Time to get real.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sandyf said:

Nothing wrong with the article, its your method of interpretation that is flawed. Pick out an isolated piece of text and change the context.

Nope, no flawed interpretation, because copy and paste does not involve interpreting.

It against forum rules to post a whole article, so selected text is in order, although there was no change of context.

3 minutes ago, sandyf said:

You have just done it again, attaching Thailand to a comment on the ECHR. Time to get real.

Nope again

14 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

I find it somewhat amusing that anyone who claims to live in Thailand, even for only 6 months a year, would get ants in their pants about human rights.

No mention of the EHCR, no attempt to link Thailand to the EHCR.

F for fail.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Renegade said:

Can you tell us what specific Article of the EHCR that you are referring to ?

I didn’t.

And for the simple reason it depends which ‘Human Right’ is being protected.

If the issue is the right to Privacy, then Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights.

If the issue were right to a fair trial, or rights to practice a faith, freedom of association etc other chapters would apply.

Away with you and you ‘barrack room lawyer’s cross examinations’.

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

If the issue is the right to Privacy, then Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights.

Brilliant

Then you are aware that the majority of cases that are brought to the EHCR under Article 8 are to do with a Countries own laws and not EU law.

Here is a sample for you.

https://www.echr.coe.int/Documents/FS_Data_ENG.pdf

3 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

Brilliant

Then you are aware that the majority of cases that are brought to the EHCR under Article 8 are to do with a Countries own laws and not EU law.

Here is a sample for you.

https://www.echr.coe.int/Documents/FS_Data_ENG.pdf

Brilliant.

So you understand the EU case that in a dispute between an EU nation and a post Brexit UK the EU wish to maintain the European Court of Human Rights as the arbiter.

And as you pointed out yourself earlier in the day, the European Court of Human Rights is not an EU institution, so let’s have no allegations of bias towards the EU please.

Wonderful arguments you gave today Renegade - do keep it up.

18 minutes ago, aright said:

"My latest research finds that for Nationalists in Northern Ireland, the practicality of customs checks is almost beside the point: any kind of border in an island that they see as one country is unthinkable. For them, avoiding a hard border eclipses any other potential goal of the Brexit negotiations.

Most people on both sides think the Brexit process is taking too long

But most Unionists in Northern Ireland, especially those who voted to leave the EU, believe the border issue is being deliberately exaggerated."

Most of what appears there is in line with what I have posted previously. Never made any comment regarding unionists as I do not know any.

My mate in Belfast has a green passport and does not take kindly to being called British. As far as he is concerned the border will never be an issue, if it did it would be short lived. He and many like him are sick to death of brexit and see the answer in removing the border altogether.

26 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

Nationalists ?

I thought in the remainer world Nationalists / Nationalism was bad ?

Wrong again, words in the top left say "British respondents only", thought my eyes were bad.

1 minute ago, sandyf said:

Wrong again, words in the top left say "British respondents only", thought my eyes were bad.

Which would be a great response if I had mentioned '' British respondents only ''

I did ask a specific question

31 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

Nationalists ?

I thought in the remainer world Nationalists / Nationalism was bad ?

The question mark at the end was a dead giveaway.

Specsavers at the double.

25 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

And as you pointed out yourself earlier in the day, the European Court of Human Rights is not an EU institution, so let’s have no allegations of bias towards the EU please.

What I said  previously was.

The EHCR is not an EU Institution and the EU should not be using it as leverage in Brexit negotiations. That is not bias towards the EU, it is a simple statement of fact.

If you are going to point out what I said earlier, at least have the decency to quote the full extent of what I said.

To do otherwise is against forum rules, as you are well aware, hence the reason you did not directly quote me. It is also dishonest and highlights what a nasty little individual you are.

Edited by The Renegade
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

The EHCR is not an EU Institution and the EU should not be using it as leverage in Brexit negotiations. That is not bias towards the EU, it is a simple statement of fact.

The problem is the EU is the most powerful trading bloc in the world, Britain outside it, is a minnow. They can pretty much demand what they want and we'll have to concede if we want a deal. 

5 minutes ago, tebee said:

The problem is the EU is the most powerful trading bloc in the world

Come back in a years time with that statement

5 minutes ago, tebee said:

They can pretty much demand what they want and we'll have to concede if we want a deal. 

What a sorry excuse for a man you are.

Instead of shaking in fear, put your time to good use, still waiting on your reply

Have they ? What circumstances have changed ?

Please educated us all. 

Is that the best you can come up with ?

Fill in the blanks and provide references

Should not take you long, you have it all sewn up ?

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, sandyf said:

My mate in Belfast has a green passport and does not take kindly to being called British. As far as he is concerned the border will never be an issue, if it did it would be short lived. He and many like him are sick to death of brexit and see the answer in removing the border altogether.

But presumably he's not a Unionist? A Unionist would probably have a very different view.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Renegade said:

If you are going to point out what I said earlier, at least have the decency to quote the full extent of what I said.

To do otherwise is against forum rules, as you are well aware, hence the reason you did not directly quote me. It is also dishonest and highlights what a nasty little individual you are.

You are right, I did not directly quote you.

Away with your (proper little barrack room lawyer) assertion that forum rules regarding quoting apply when no quote was made.

Your repeated resort to personal attacks (once again) noted.

Edited by Chomper Higgot

18 minutes ago, aright said:

Northern Ireland consists of just 2.9% of the British population . Like the rest of us they had a vote in the referendumand they should accept the outcome or leave the UK. They need to sort out their own issues rather than expect the 97.1% of the UK who don't live in NI to bend over backwards to accommodate them.

I will however pass on the feelings of your green passport mate to TM so she can plan accordingly. 

It’s the only part of the U.K. with a land border to an EU nation, which brings issues other than the size of the population into play.

Would that life were not so complicated.

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

It’s the only part of the U.K. with a land border to an EU nation, which brings issues other than the size of the population into play.

Yes indeed, so it is also a problem for the EU and that EU Country, although they appear to have their heads jammed where the sun don't shine over it.

Would that life were not so complicated.

That is a fantastic piece of English language. You want to try again ?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Your repeated resort to personal attacks (once again) noted.

You can note all you want.

If you cannot take it, do not try and dish it out.

Expect to get ripped when you make a complete balls up.

Edited by The Renegade
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

Yes indeed, so it is also a problem for the EU and that EU Country, although they appear to have their heads jammed where the sun don't shine over it.

That is a fantastic piece of English language. You want to try again ?

Let’s see you identify errors in the sentence ‘Would that life were not so complicated.

Over to you.

Edited by Chomper Higgot

Let’s see you identify errors in the sentence ‘Would that life were not so complicated.

Over to you.

Astound me

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Would that life were not so complicated.

Is it from some 12 or 13th century book ?

It is certainly not from modern English language.

5 minutes ago, nauseus said:

The EU has expanded its size of member states but even these 28 are still less powerful, economically, than China.

"They can pretty much demand": well that's what the EU seems to like doing, eh? It was called bullying at school. This often finally ended with the bully getting a straight right onto the end of his nose.     

Your term ‘less powerful economically’ needs clarification. The EU is the world’s second largest economy, behind the US.

5 minutes ago, nauseus said:

The EU has expanded its size of member states but even these 28 are still less powerful, economically, than China.

"They can pretty much demand": well that's what the EU seems to like doing, eh? It was called bullying at school. This often finally ended with the bully getting a straight right onto the end of his nose.     

EU  GDP = $17 trillion China GDP = $11 trillion

When it comes to negotiating trade agreements it's the big boys who win - they have the power, so that's the way it goes. It's not bullying,  it's the way of the world

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

Astound me

Is it from some 12 or 13th century book ?

It is certainly not from modern English language.

Is that your way of saying you can’t find anything wrong with it.

And no, it is not from a 12th / 13th Century book, though I have read a few of those.

You get one of your fails for calling out my use of English when you actually couldn’t find anything wrong with it.

Edited by Chomper Higgot

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Is that your way of saying you can’t find anything wrong with it.

And no, it is not from a 12th / 13th Century book, though I have read a few of those.

You get one of your fails for calling out my use of English when you actually couldn’t find anything wrong with it.

11 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Would that life were not so complicated.

It is not that I cannot find anything wrong with it.

I cannot find anything correct with it.

Just now, The Renegade said:

Double fail.

Perhaps you’ve been used to simple forms of English and struggle with the more complex to the point you believe it archaic.

Following your repeated attempts to bait me over my use of English your struggle with a perfectly constructed sentence is a bit of a hoot.

Would that English were not so complicated.

You might not struggle so.

Take

10 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

Take it up with dictionary people:

used for saying that you wish that something were true, especially when you know that it is impossible

Would that all questions were so easy to answer!

https://www.macmillandictionary.com/us/dictionary/american/would-that

Or

Would that your criticism had a prayer of being valid.

• Thanks 1