Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

2 hours ago, F4UCorsair said:

I'm somewhat mystified about how Brexit may have caused this/these problem/s too.   Of course they existed prior to the vote, and as you so correctly say Blackheart, those opposed will blame everything that happens in Britain on the vote to leave.

The Brexit losers are very much like the anti Trump camp.

So you infer that Brexiters are much the same as Trump supporters? Welcome on board!

• Haha 1

^^

Liverpool Mick sent me the email last night. I've emailed him back asking for more info'. As soon as he wakes up I'm sure he will send the details.

Just hang in there chaps. All will be revealed soon. A huge swing to the Brexiteers.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, owl sees all said:

^^

Liverpool Mick sent me the email last night. I've emailed him back asking for more info'. As soon as he wakes up I'm sure he will send the details.

Just hang in there chaps. All will be revealed soon. A huge swing to the Brexiteers.

What does your Liverpool Mick know that Google doesn't?

• Like 1

Just now, vogie said:

We don't wonder at all why you 'scoff at us' we know, you are  an arrogant bunch of know it alls? 

I disagree - if we never challenged owlseesall, the conversation would have moved on with his/her unverified comment being taken, by some, to be fact

That is the same tactic used by the despicable JRM last week when he lied on TV that Corbyn had voted against the GFA; when forced to retract, he issued a small, mealy mouthed half apology via Twitter, but the headlines had already been made; the damage already done.

It is also the same tactic used by serial liar Ben Bradley MP when he claimed 2 weeks ago that Corbyn was a spy, then - lo and behold, an low key, insincere apology, and only after the threat of legal action. And some other Tories still took to criticising Corbyn for bullying poor little Ben.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

I disagree - if we never challenged owlseesall, the conversation would have moved on with his/her unverified comment being taken, by some, to be fact

That is the same tactic used by the despicable JRM last week when he lied on TV that Corbyn had voted against the GFA; when forced to retract, he issued a small, mealy mouthed half apology via Twitter, but the headlines had already been made; the damage already done.

It is also the same tactic used by serial liar Ben Bradley MP when he claimed 2 weeks ago that Corbyn was a spy, then - lo and behold, an low key, insincere apology, and only after the threat of legal action. And some other Tories still took to criticising Corbyn for bullying poor little Ben.

You have challenged owlseesall, he has replied to you, why can't you await his reponse before comments like "and brexiteers wonder why we scoff at them." It has to be said the insults are very one sided, but as I have said we know why.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, vogie said:

You have challenged owlseesall, he has replied to you, why can't you await his reponse before comments like "and brexiteers wonder why we scoff at them." It has to be said the insults are very one sided, but as I have said we know why.

Well, if we are seeking rational, informed debate, the onus should have been on owlseesall to find a credible source for his claim prior to introducing it into the mix. As I mentioned in my previous post, it is a common tactic to throw out unsubstantiated fodder as fact, safe in the knowedge that many will accept it as thus regardless of its accuracy.

Please take your complaints about insults to someone else - whilst I may sometimes resort the the same light hearted rib poking that all sides are guilty of, unless I am unknowingly thick skinned, I believe that it is rare day that I set out to insult other contributors to this board.

Edited by RuamRudy

4 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

Gravity is a universal economic phenomenon. All you have to do is look up data that shows the UK's respective trade with foreign nations. But let's apply the reasoning behind your contention

So if a country has 20 percent of its trade outside of any arbitrarily defined partner(s) that means gravity economics would be only 20 percent true. Or if 60, only 60 percent true? What nation wouldn't your contention apply to? Have you discovered some fault in the data that has escaped the world's economists?  What you are contending is nonsense. 

You didn't answer any of my points. And gravity economics is just an economic theory which is currently popular with many (but not all) economists. A theory which has to keep adding more and more extraneous factors in order to make any sense.

Here is a good read from The Economist on the inability of economists to get things right:

https://www.economist.com/blogs/buttonwood/2012/07/economic-history

Economists are little more than glorified Tarot card readers.

• Haha 1

I have been waiting for a statement from Barnier and Juncker et al regarding the outcome of the Italian election. Have they gone deeper into their burrows ?  Silence is also part of the Remainers code who dismiss the EU's problems without argument preferring instead to concentrate on the UK's problems leaving the EU. They have obviously resigned( maybe enjoy) themselves to being part of a community which is being overcome by progressively extreme right wing political parties.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/europe/102025657/political-earthquake-will-shake-the-old-european-hegemony

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

You didn't answer any of my points. And gravity economics is just an economic theory which is currently popular with many (but not all) economists. A theory which has to keep adding more and more extraneous factors in order to make any sense.

Here is a good read from The Economist on the inability of economists to get things right:

https://www.economist.com/blogs/buttonwood/2012/07/economic-history

Economists are little more than glorified Tarot card readers.

Again you've got it wrong. There may be theories to explain gravity, but it's a universally observed economic phenomenon. In fact, no one has yet come up with a complete theory to explain it. Which makes Brexiters claims that the UK situation is somehow different even more ludicrous.

It took Einstein to fully explain why the sky is blue in terms of quantum theory. Yet it was pretty much universally observed before Einstein that the sky is blue. Even the first book of the Bible says so. By your lights, until there was a scientifically sound theory to explain why the sky is blue,  the sky really wasn't blue.

And you've offered absolutely no defense of your bizarre exercise in mathematical analysis.

Edited by ilostmypassword
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

Again you've got it wrong. There may be theories to explain gravity, but it's a universally observed economic phenomenon. In fact, no one has yet come up with a complete theory to explain it. Which makes Brexiters claims that the UK situation is somehow different even more ludicrous.

It took Einstein to fully explain why the sky is blue in terms of quantum theory. Yet it was pretty much universally observed before Einstein that the sky is blue. Even the first book of the Bible says so. By your lights, until there was a scientifically sound theory to explain why the sky is blue,  the sky really wasn't blue.

And you've offered absolutely no defense of your bizarre exercise in mathematical analysis.

Phew! You're now comparing the zany world of economic theory with quantum physics!

And you still haven't come up with a major first world country that adheres to gravity economics. I would take the time to look at the mechanics behind said economic theory if I were you. It's actually a garble of many competing and conflicting theories. One which, every time it's used as a model for prediction, gets it badly wrong.

Just now, Khun Han said:

Phew! You're now comparing the zany world of economic theory with quantum physics!

And you still haven't come up with a major first world country that adheres to gravity economics. I would take the time to look at the mechanics behind said economic theory if I were you. It's actually a garble of many competing and conflicting theories. One which, every time it's used as a model for prediction, gets it badly wrong.

Not just every major country in the world but virtually every country in the world conforms to the gravity phenomenon. Where did you come up with the notion that this isn't the case? I certainly hope it isn't based on that completely and utterly irrelevant math you set forth?

I mean, even on a common sense basis, do you really believe that your arithmetical analysis would

be beyond the reasoning power of economists, most of whom nowadays have to be pretty good, at least, at math to even be in the business? That they would not have come up with something like that on their own?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, nauseus said:

The EU officialdom is very happy with Brexit; it provides a convenient distraction from their real problems! :smile:

I take this as  a confession that the EU isn't bothered by the loss of the UK's financial contribution to the EU. Personally, I think you're going too far but at least you're getting closer to the truth.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

I take this as  a confession that the EU isn't bothered by the loss of the UK's financial contribution to the EU. Personally, I think you're going too far but at least you're getting closer to the truth.

You can take it for what it says. It is not a confession of any kind. The EU is slowly but surely imploding. 

Edited by nauseus
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

I take this as an admission that the EU's problems are miniscule and not worth talking about.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

Not just every major country in the world but virtually every country in the world conforms to the gravity phenomenon. Where did you come up with the notion that this isn't the case? I certainly hope it isn't based on that completely and utterly irrelevant math you set forth?

I mean, even on a common sense basis, do you really believe that your arithmetical analysis would

be beyond the reasoning power of economists, most of whom nowadays have to be pretty good, at least, at math to even be in the business? That they would not have come up with something like that on their own?

You are failing miserably at coming up with anything to defend your argument, other than stating that economists who are becoming increasingly discredited state that it does! Their economic model doesn't work. Every time it's used to make an economic forecast, it gets it wrong. Even one of it's main proponents, Andy Haldane, has admitted that it's inadequate. But he had to - he had egg all over his face at the time of his admission. And, comically, his retrospective on why they got the post-referendum prediction wrong, was later contradicted by further economic events!

5 hours ago, owl sees all said:

^^

Is Liverpool Mick still in his scratcher?

I disagree with the article.  Many of those that voted for this did want an upheaval of sorts.  if you've graduated from a university and find yourself in debt when and unable to get a job paying what you expect then change is what you will go for.

when you are unable to pin down what it is that is upsetting you, but you continue to go to pub to buy a pint that is increasing in price and a pag of ciggies with which you can no longer smoke in the bar, I think change is what you want.

That is just the disillusioned, as for those that voted for bigotted reasons well that is something else.

The other voters, those that see clear advantage from moving away from EU, well, potentially they will see some of those advantages realised, though how much who knows.

Edited by manchega
changed

41 minutes ago, nauseus said:

You can take it for what it says. It is not a confession of any kind. The EU is slowly but surely imploding. 

Meanwhile the EU is complaining that the Euro is too strong while the pound.......The UK is obviously an important market for the EU but the EU is apparently just as important to the UK otherwise why all the posturing, if it is so easy just walk away, don't just threaten it, but it can't be that easy. Standing alone may be all well and good for the Churchillians but the world has moved on since 75 years, financially it is a big bad woolfy sort of place and Trump only cares about Trump,no cavalry to the rescue there. "Now we are masters of our fate........" pathetic.