Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

3 minutes ago, aright said:

A democratically elected Prime Minister agreed to a democratically held referendum the result of which was overwhelmingly endorsed by the democratically elected lower house which triggered article 50 by a democratically elected Government.

Job done!

I heard you loud and clear:

"Will of the people" should only be implemented when it suits the Brexiteer agenda, CHECK!

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Air Smiles said:

"Will of the people" should only be implemented when it suits the Brexiteer agenda, CHECK!

Or perhaps when the government say they will implement the result of a referendum?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Brexiteers voted for a multitude of reasons, but overwhelmingly the reasons amounted to wanting independence and self governance.

It will come as a great shock to the Brexiteers when they discover the Tories have signed back up all of the EU's rules.

• Confused 1

It will come as a great shock to the Brexiteers when they discover the Tories have signed back up all of the EU's rules.

So divergence not mentioned then?

IIRC that’s not signing up to all however I do believe ‘similar was mentioned’ by PMTM thus Parliament regaining control.

Also an independent board to ‘take into account’ the ECJ not abide by it was also stated.

Lastly, All this following the result of the EU’s latest ridiculous 120 page document, complete with a refute by TM stating no U.K. PM would agree to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

In any referendum that I've heard about people were given firm facts of for and against. That most certainly wasn't the case with Brexit. The answer to every question about it was 'We'll sort that out when we get to it'. No-one was given any firm facts at all, and exiters largely voted on keeping immigration figures down. What they didn't know and weren't told was that far more immigrants come to the UK from outside the EU than from within it. Indians, for one.

And the huge bogey in the room is the border with Ireland. It is an insoluble problem.

You seem to  be describing the lack of full, and true information, given to the electorate in 1975.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, citybiker said:

So divergence not mentioned then?

Divergence is just the spin that keeps the Brexiteers hypnotised.

Meanwhile the chief Brexit negotiator for the EU has already publicly declared there will be no special deal for the UK, which means the UK can make as many of their own rules as they wish as long as the outcome is exactly the same as the EU's current rules. The only difference will be the extra tariffs the UK will have to pay to keep everything exactly the same as it was before Brexit.

In a nutshell, a post-Brexit UK will pay more to the EU and have to follow the same EU rules as before. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CG1 Blue said:

Why would that be a shock?  It's been highly publicised for months that this would be done at the outset.

Unfortunately someone forgot to publicise these facts as 'pictures of words in CAPS' so the Brexiteers don't know yet.

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

You'd have to be naïve to believe all this bluster from the EU. They need our 45bn to rescue their budget for the next 5 years, and the member countries' key industries would suffer considerably if big tariffs were imposed on the UK.

The EU must do a deal, but they will bluff it right to the end. It's a pity really, and quite childish.

ROFL! ...Do you think a small country like the UK is going to hold the EU's feet to the fire?

It's not bluffing when you're sitting with the best hand at the table and you already know what your opponent has in their hand

There is a reason why the UK was forced to agree the £60bn divorce bill right at the start of the negotiation, does that sound like the actions of party who are in a strong negotiating position?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, citybiker said:

£60Bn? Now I know your the thread comedian and a poor one at that.

Actually, the figure quoted was ‘up to’. £40bn in accordance with an agreed methodology, ie the UK’s previously agreed outstanding liabilities & pensions which has already been signed.

The settlement figure was quoted in Euros, which does work out about £40bn at current exchange rates, but this money will be paid by the UK at post-Brexit rates so it will £60bn in real terms.

• Haha 2

Yet more threats, this time from a Irish Europhile

[url=https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/brexit-news-ryanair-threatens-to-ground-flights-to-make-voters-rethink-leaving-the-eu

Pathetic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, aright said:

You don't understand the arithmetic or the argument.

When we leave the EU, the EU will have 15% of the worlds trade as a % of GDP. That means 85% of world trade is available to us for  bespoke deals. It's not a question of how much we have to loose but how much we have to gain. If the best you can do is construct a kindergarten argument count me out. 

I'm talking about real/existing trade deals and you're talking about imaginary/non-existing trade deals.

Basically you're saying the UK doesn't have to worry about losing 60% of its existing exports because 85% of the world market will be open for UK trade, the only catch will be the UK competing against relative economic colossals such as China, India, EU, US etc...

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Scott said:

A post with a foreign language has been removed.   This is the 2nd time.   Do it again and earn a suspension.  

I’m sure the Brits would understand British humour, others may have difficulty.

Edited by nontabury

3 minutes ago, nontabury said:

Maybe you have to be British to understand our humor.

It's not about understanding humor.  It's about posting in a foreign language.   I fully understood it, but then everyone and their dog can post in whatever language they want to.   That's the point.  

Next comment on moderation WILL earn a lengthy suspension.