Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

3 hours ago, nontabury said:

I’m sure the Brits would understand British humour, others may have difficulty.

More racist than British. 

The part I have difficulty understanding:

You obviously have a problem with "foreigners" in the UK putting a strain on local services, but you yourself have just shipped a bunch of foreigners into the UK and you have been complaining in this very thread why they're not prioritised to the front of the queue on arrival and be handed tax payer funded/subsidised housing as well as other free benefits?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

As I said before, I am astonished UK citizens are still supportive of this puerile bunch of egotists.

The EU are behaving in a normal, fair and business like manner.

The real problem is the UK leadership who are expected, and under a lot of pressure from the Brexiteers to deliver a fairytale deal that is never going to fly in the real world of trade. 

A recent study shows that if only 3 % more Brits had gone to university they would have enough education to understand such a deal was never going to end well thus the referendum would have swung the other way, the real problem of Brexit is one of education or lack thereof, not the EU.

Edited by Air Smiles
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, transam said:

So if I get a degree in Pottery stuff I will understand all political stuff...?

Based on your comment I would suggest a degree orientated in statistics rather than pottery.

However, even pottery requires reading a book or two and understanding some scientific principles, which is far cry from the Daily Mail and Express.

If you work hard, who knows maybe in a few years we can discuss this graph together:

Capture.PNG.fecc169061c9934bfb7cb16261471a33.PNG

Edited by Air Smiles
  • Haha 1

Just now, transam said:

That is a dodge reply to what you insinuated..

Please quote my pottery flavoured insinuation?

I was simply replying to your question: 

" So if I get a degree in Pottery stuff I will understand all political stuff...? "

Let me know if you need any more help keeping up with yourself.

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, transam said:

So if I get a degree in Pottery stuff I will understand all political stuff...?

At a proper university, more than likely. One doesn't go up to university to learn a trade.

13 minutes ago, transam said:

I can keep up with the ordinary folk on the UK streets that have seen what has happened with the influx of Eastern Europeans making a mockery of the place, plus being controlled by a gaggle of ol' farts from far off lands who live different lives..

I was a "street" guy and have seen the mess created for Blighty, a mess we are paying mega cash to endure...Then you say "3% more with degrees will understand stuff", well I can tell you a larger % voted for brexit because they have endured stuff...

Now you have raised the subject of these Eastern Europeans - with this new frictionless border between Ireland and the UK that sees to be so easy to implement, what is to stop them legally travelling to Dublin then catching a bus to Belfast?

Edited by RuamRudy
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, Air Smiles said:

Based on your comment I would suggest a degree orientated in statistics rather than pottery.

However, even pottery requires reading a book or two and understanding some scientific principles, which is far cry from the Daily Mail and Express.

If you work hard, who knows maybe in a few years we can discuss this graph together:

Capture.PNG.fecc169061c9934bfb7cb16261471a33.PNG

Splendid

5 minutes ago, Grouse said:

At a proper university, more than likely. One doesn't go up to university to learn a trade.

If you majored in Ceramics Engineering it would involve a bit of pottery wouldn't it?:smile:

• Haha 2

That was just a bit of a laugh but it is true that a real university education provides much more than training for a particular career. 

Its about critical thinking, rational analysis and staying up all night discussing important <deleted>!

You don't need linear regression to see the correlation from that plot.

The fact is that, statistically, the higher educated have done better and that trend will continue.

The under achievers, the left behinds, will be more dissatisfied and want change. Any change.

Thats Brexit, like it or not; that's the truth. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Grouse said:

That was just a bit of a laugh but it is true that a real university education provides much more than training for a particular career. 

Its about critical thinking, rational analysis and staying up all night discussing important <deleted>!

You don't need linear regression to see the correlation from that plot.

The fact is that, statistically, the higher educated have done better and that trend will continue.

The under achievers, the left behinds, will be more dissatisfied and want change. Any change.

Thats Brexit, like it or not; that's the truth. 

I agree generally with what you say but there are different intellectual requirements for different degrees.

My businesses are in the main technical and as a result require staff with technical qualifications. In my experience, non university, people with two technical 'A' Levels, as a general rule, have greater mental capacity and agility than a person with a degree in Media Studies.  

Edited by aright
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Grouse said:

But let's not forget, those all night discussions are with other people who have not yet entered the real world of earning a living and paying your way in life. The blind leading the blind.

Over the years I've hired an equal amount of grads and non grads (in finance) and trust me, their intelligence levels are about the same.

Not that I'm against university education. I just don't think it belongs in this debate.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, aright said:

I agree generally with what you say but there are different intellectual requirements for different degrees.

My businesses are in the main technical and as a result require staff with technical qualifications. In my experience, non university, people with two technical 'A' Levels, as a general rule, have greater mental capacity and agility than a person with a degree in Media Studies.  

Taken to the limit, I'm sure that's true.

At a collegiate university one doesn't spend 3 years closeted with physicists thank god.

However, I think it is almost gestalt in that the the resultant is greater than the sum of the parts.

Recommended generally just because of the broad education, experience, shared cultural views.

Edited by Grouse
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

But let's not forget, those all night discussions are with other people who have not yet entered the real world of earning a living and paying your way in life. The blind leading the blind.

Over the years I've hired an equal amount of grads and non grads (in finance) and trust me, their intelligence levels are about the same.

Not that I'm against university education. I just don't think it belongs in this debate.

Since the remainers have on average a higher education than brexiters, why shouldn't it belong in the debate?

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

But the corrolation is indisputable. I have drawn my conclusions - what do you infer from the data? 

I suspect most of your Quants are grads? What about your fintech types?

2 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Since the remainers have on average a higher education than brexiters, why shouldn't it belong in the debate?

Because education might affect the result of a democratic vote but not the outcome. Are you suggesting when people vote they need to declare their wish and their IQ then we should only count the first quartile? If education plays no part in the outcome of a vote( as per the referendum) its a pointless exercise isn't it although as Remainers have shown they enjoy saying "I was robbed guv"

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Splendid

Yes, this splendid plot murkily demonstrates how the more well-off in the SE are far more likely to be able to afford the latest in dumbed-down education which, after graduation makes them far more likely than anyone less privileged (wealthy) elsewhere in the UK to be able to work for and come under the influence of a large multinational in the city. Their new corporate home with further instill in them all the virtues of the glorious EU, with which the same said company will maintain a hefty budget (nudge nudge) and office as a means to permanent and successful lobbying in Brussels. 

Meanwhile Harry Potter is stuck in Staffordshire wondering what the hell went wrong!  

From a purely critical view of this pottery plot, I would have to challenge this 65% figure for 'London', especially when individual areas are shown. Don't think so! Unless a NVQ in London is supposed to be on par with a BSc from Keele, as 'higher education"! 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Lets not forget it was a Brexiteer who brought it up:

On 05/03/2018 at 11:09 AM, nontabury said:

We are continually told by the remoaners, that those who voted for Britexit are the old and the uneducated. So today it will come as a shock to them, to find that in the Italian elections, two of the main leaders, are university educated...

26 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

What kind of jobs can be undertaken by non-grads in the Finance sector?