Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

On 28/02/2018 at 6:35 AM, FritsSikkink said:

Has NOTHING to do with Brexit, it hasn't even happened yet. It is the Tory government who is responsible

They are suggesting that services are degrading because there is no longer anyone at the helm and that this is due to the government being preoccupied by Brexit, the premise of the article is Brexit is just too much for this government.

5 minutes ago, aright said:

That's very interesting!

Prosecution of German Politicians for Bribery a Difficult Task

As the UN continues a campaign to crack down on global political corruption, the German Parliament has balked at reforming its own anti-corruption laws.

Money changing hands

When is a bribe a bribe?

In the kind of case that infuriates anti-corruption campaigners, a long-time member of parliament for the German state of North Rhine-Westphalia escaped sentencing although he had accepted 95,000 euros ($127,700) from a construction company.

A regional court in Düsseldorf did find that Wilhelm Droste of the conservative Christian Democratic Union did accept the money but could not decide whether the money was a bribe or a payment for "general good behavior."

After the decision Droste referred to the Court’s decision as "glorious."

so undecided, he wasn't proven guilty (he probably was) I presume he was a 'consultant'. May shouted it out for all and sundry to hear.

One of the corrupt conservative politicians (never proven) in the era of Kanzler Schmidt was Franz Joseph Strauss who openly said that a little corruption was the oil that kept the motors of industry rolling, he changed one of the poorest regions of Germany (Bavaria) into one of the richest within a few years. I am no fan of corruption but done wisely it can have its benefits. What Droste did I have no idea, the decision I find to be regrettable. I can understand May's decision but you don't shout such things out from the roof tops. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Fantastic argumentative skills.  

As a whole Celtic Britain voted remain, fact.  The EU protects the indigenous tribes of Britain, fact.  The English want out of the ECHR, fact.  I suspect they want out due to their failure to learn of historical acts of evil, even their own evil acts committed against the indigenous British, but that's not a fact, that's just my supposition following my consideration of the facts.

Indigenous Britons are not normally classified as pre-Roman Celts or Picts these days, unless you are a Celt or a Pict, I suppose! The Anglo-Saxons etc are often included in this group as a more modern consensus. But don't think that the EU cares about any of us the way that you seem to believe it do. If you are keen for your heritage to be protected then I am I surprised that you voted remain (I assume). 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

I am not really interested in your life story or why you have such a chip on your shoulder

No chip, it's just different in a nice way, I hear patients who need operations in the UK can,in some cases, be moved to EU hospitals for treatment, strange that they have places. The NHS used to be the envy of the world, it has gone downhill because not enough money is available. Health services don't come cheap, there should be higher deductions from salaries to pay for the system, my deductions in Germany were around 800 Euro's a month (half paid by the employer) for health care, that was 13 years ago what it is now I don't know. You get what you pay for.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, aright said:

That's very interesting!

As the UN continues a campaign to crack down on global political corruption, the German Parliament has balked at reforming its own anti-corruption laws.

Money changing hands

When is a bribe a bribe?

In the kind of case that infuriates anti-corruption campaigners, a long-time member of parliament for the German state of North Rhine-Westphalia escaped sentencing although he had accepted 95,000 euros ($127,700) from a construction company.

A regional court in Düsseldorf did find that Wilhelm Droste of the conservative Christian Democratic Union did accept the money but could not decide whether the money was a bribe or a payment for "general good behavior."

Can you still get those nice Droste round chocolates? Not seen them in yonks

8 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

No chip, it's just different in a nice way, I hear patients who need operations in the UK can,in some cases, be moved to EU hospitals for treatment, strange that they have places. The NHS used to be the envy of the world, it has gone downhill because not enough money is available. Health services don't come cheap, there should be higher deductions from salaries to pay for the system, my deductions in Germany were around 800 Euro's a month (half paid by the employer) for health care, that was 13 years ago what it is now I don't know. You get what you pay for.

You have got a very pronounced chip on your shoulder as far as the UK in general goes

Not just this particular thread but others as well

A grammar policeman connecting it to eastenders on more than one occasion

Its obvious you have got baggage 

As far as social benefits / health services are concerned some countries provide more than others, quite

No good is going to come of this so I will refrain from further comment

I offer you the last word

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Grouse..your true colours are really coming to the fore..DUP..inbreds..you are a very very bitter republican who hates the Union and all those who support it.
Want to talk about scummy torbett cos bjk !!!?????

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I am a Royalist. My family has upheld the crown for several centuries.

My signet ring shows this

IMG_2469.JPG

"Fierce when roused"

Edited by Grouse

1 minute ago, Air Smiles said:

Do you respect the will of the people that want another referendum?

If at an appropriate time in the future one becomes necessary for whatever reason then one will take place

Rather different from what you want and what you want it for

How many times do you lot need to be told, you are getting rather boring

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Grouse said:

Over my head, that one.

My ring is VERY old. My son's one belonged to my great grandfather. Highland Scots you see ....

I could say I have never heard of them, but thats not an option for some people

1 hour ago, aright said:

That's very interesting!

Money changing hands

When is a bribe a bribe?

Interesting. Why? Because you learned from Kellyanne Conway about alternative facts. The judgement you are referring to was in 2006/7, but didn't finish the trial.

The fact is/was, at the end, in 2009, Droste payed a fine of 100.000 Euro + 15.000 € fine for a second similar trial +500 hour work without any payment. The (complicated) judicial procedure stopped in accordance with the law (§153a StPO).

9 minutes ago, puck2 said:

Interesting. Why? Because you learned from Kellyanne Conway about alternative facts. The judgement you are referring to was in 2006/7, but didn't finish the trial.

The fact is/was, at the end, in 2009, Droste payed a fine of 100.000 Euro + 15.000 € fine for a second similar trial +500 hour work without any payment. The (complicated) judicial procedure stopped in accordance with the law (§153a StPO).

So grateful for you clearing the matter up.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

If at an appropriate time in the future one becomes necessary for whatever reason then one will take place

Rather different from what you want and what you want it for

How many times do you lot need to be told, you are getting rather boring

I'll take that as a No.

"Will of the people" should only be implemented when it suits the Brexiteer agenda, CHECK!

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Air Smiles said:

I'll take that as a No.

"Will of the people" should only be implemented when it suits the Brexiteer agenda, CHECK!

I spent a while typing that my man so I would prefer you take it for what it says

Although that looks like it could be too much to ask

• Like 2