Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

6 minutes ago, nontabury said:

You can pick me up on my English any time, very easy to do. I may even be the least educated person on this thread. But I’ll tell you what. I can think for myself.

5BDE64EA-1E40-4CCE-B95C-40BBB819FF2F.jpeg

If you can think for yourself, then why do you continually post 'pictures of words', usually in CAPS,  written by other people?

ps

Can you ask the person who created the 'picture of words', what does "Sence" mean?

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, nontabury said:

You can pick me up on my English any time, very easy to do. I may even be the least educated person on this thread. But I’ll tell you what. I can think for myself.

College can teach you to spell though so you can communicate your common sense to us idiots.

3 hours ago, soalbundy said:

They did vote for it, it just hasn't turned out the way they thought, I want to live long enough to hear the wailing and nashing of teeth.

We have already heard enough thanks from you bunch of sour grapes

3 hours ago, nontabury said:

Maybe you shouldn't.  Maybe you should elect a member of parliament to make complicated and far-reaching decisions on your behalf, once they have had time to consider all the issues, call the bluff of the lobbyists, and ascertain the facts, risks and implications. 

SC

I don't think the British economy will go to the dogs. It will just grow more slowly than it otherwise would have done.

The UK economy has been put through periodical fiscal stress tests by the BoE since the 08 financial crash, these very banks are still improving on their contingency and continue to build up capital as a buffer.

IIRC (I could be wrong) Remain campaign said the U.K. would suffer a recession shortly after the vote to leave, that didn’t materialise.

Financial fluctuations have impacts and consequences from internal domestic as well as global irregularities and occurrences, short term pain for long term gain is something many but not all are content in accepting as long as the U.K. is independent and not dictated ‘directly’ to by the EU.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, citybiker said:

Financial fluctuations have impacts and consequences from internal domestic as well as global irregularities and occurrences, short term pain for long term gain is something many but not all are content in accepting as long as the U.K. is independent and not dictated ‘directly’ to by the EU.

The "short term pain" is easily verified via the devaluation in the pound, the "pain" part at least.  But, where is your evidence for the long term gain?

Do you really think the UK is independent of US foreign policy, with the US bases, nukes etc stored in the UK and the fact the UK follows them into every war(regardless of how many protestors on the streets) and maintains the US propaganda line on the war on terror, which has led directly to the UK being targetted by terrorists? ...dream on!

The "short term pain" is easily verified via the devaluation in the pound, the "pain" part at least.  But, where is your evidence for the long term gain?

Do you really think the UK is independent of US foreign policy, with the US bases, nukes etc stored in the UK and the fact the UK follows them into every war(regardless of how many protestors on the streets) and maintains the US propaganda line on the war on terror, which has led directly to the UK being targetted by terrorists? ...dream on!

Long term gain?

I’m no economic forecaster.

Political Independent from the EU, Trump has stated he’s happy to trade with the U.K. however This isn’t a US propaganda thread thanks.

7 minutes ago, citybiker said:

Long term gain?

I’m no economic forecaster.

You only posted it 45 mins ago and I quoted you in bold, have you forgotten already what you said?

Once more:

45 minutes ago, citybiker said:

I’m fully aware of the narrative , your requesting evidence of strategic forecasting of long term gain.

Even the best economist can’t give you that answer complete with evidence as it changes, but you know that.

2 minutes ago, citybiker said:

I’m fully aware of the narrative , your requesting evidence of strategic forecasting of long term gain.

Even the best economist can’t give you that answer complete with evidence as it changes, but you know that.

Yes, so it shouldn't be much of a leap to understand the very real, current, short term pain is not worth an unverifiable/imagined long term gain.

4 hours ago, Air Smiles said:

The long term gains will take a little longer as they are long term

Taking back our self determination on so many fronts will be one hell of a start

Politicians can be removed at the ballot box if they overstep the mark with their war mongering

Be thankful you are dancing to Yankee Doddle Dandy, soon it will be to a rather more eastern tune and noodles will be all the rage

3 hours ago, Air Smiles said:

Yes, so it shouldn't be much of a leap to understand the very real, current, short term pain is not worth an unverifiable/imagined long term gain.

Tighten your belt thats what financial pain is all about

4 hours ago, Khun Han said:

I think you're right. But only for about four or five years.

Agreed, after those four or five years of slow growth it will be even slower or decline.

17 hours ago, citybiker said:

Any evidence of the UK economic going to the dogs or yet another Anti-Brexit rant?

No, not yet. The problems will likely occur once it happens. 

9 hours ago, citybiker said:

The UK economy has been put through periodical fiscal stress tests by the BoE since the 08 financial crash, these very banks are still improving on their contingency and continue to build up capital as a buffer.

IIRC (I could be wrong) Remain campaign said the U.K. would suffer a recession shortly after the vote to leave, that didn’t materialise.

My remark was in reference to the effects of Brexit. As far as I'm aware, the UK is still part of the EU.

3 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Where is your link and source for that! You will be getting banned for trolling. :passifier:

Just check with the poster I replied to. But it seems in your opinion only pro Brexit posts are allowed, other opinions are trolling.

10 hours ago, Air Smiles said:

Short term pain for a long-term leap into the unknown, where we can be bullied by the EU is USA, but have no say in either.  Luckily we can go and be bullied by China and India on our own, without the support of our former partners in Europe.  What could possibly go wrong?

My remark was in reference to the effects of Brexit. As far as I'm aware, the UK is still part of the EU.

Correct, the U.K. is still currently a MS.

The Brexit affects are also unknown.

However, some Europhiles May disagree making Westminster solely accountable is the overhaul U.K. politics need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct, the U.K. is still currently a MS.

The Brexit affects are also unknown.

However, some Europhiles May disagree making Westminster solely accountable is the overhaul U.K. politics need.

But economists do know that there is a universal economic phenomenon that consists of a very high positive correlation between distance and trade: the closer a country is to yours, the more trade your country will do with it. So all this talk about the UK developing new trading relations to compensate for the decline in trade with its nearest neighbors has no examples to point to. Either this observation  about the relation between distance and trade is opposed using patriotic themes, cheerleading chants about British ingenuity and resourcefulness, invocation of personal experience , or citing the examples of China  or other economically powerful and distant nations.

guardian is a ropey left wing rag on its last legs .stiring trouble for marxist corbyn ..its the cold weather causing problems but thats all over europe...

blair, major heseltine are all stirring the pots ..all losers in their time .only george osborn is missing..heseltine will lose his EU subsidies as a big landowner

8 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

Maybe citybiker is correct - our Brexit overlords are possibly playing the long game:

IMG_20180304_054424.jpg

That is already the case for many low paid workers, while we are still in the E.U.  But for many selfish  remainers, they don’t count.

33E206F5-1B4A-4271-86F8-87DA70724AAD.jpeg

But economists do know that there is a universal economic phenomenon that consists of a very high positive correlation between distance and trade: the closer a country is to yours, the more trade your country will do with it. So all this talk about the UK developing new trading relations to compensate for the decline in trade with its nearest neighbors has no examples to point to. Either this observation  about the relation between distance and trade is opposed using patriotic themes, cheerleading chants about British ingenuity and resourcefulness, invocation of personal experience , or citing the examples of China  or other economically powerful and distant nations.

I agree with the geographical aspect, however this debate amongst other forums as well as this I contribute is the slur the U.K. receives as if the apocalypse is pending.

Trade with the EU will continue despite it declining from 48 to currently 44% (BBC QT) however I don’t believe the global trading issue is to compensate but to expand further free from EU restrictions.

The ability to trade independently suits both direct parties, the EU’s recent track record (Canada 7 yrs) and (Japan ongoing) is hardly something Brussels can be proud of.

I agree with the geographical aspect, however this debate amongst other forums as well as this I contribute is the slur the U.K. received as if the apocalypse is pending.

Trade with the EU will continue despite it declining from 48 to currently 44% (BBC QT) however I don’t believe the global trading issue is to compensate but to expand further free from EU restrictions.

The ability to trade independently suits both direct parties, the EU’s recent track record (Canada 7 yrs) and (Japan ongoing) is hardly something Brussels can be proud of.

"however I don’t believe the global trading issue is to compensate but to expand further free from EU restrictions."

So you do or don't think that on balance the UK will do more in in foreign trade outside the EU rather than inside?

I do agree with you that ultimately Brexit won't be an apocalypse. (Although in the short run, a hard brexit will mean hardships for the UK.) It will just mean less economic growth than would otherwise have been the case.

19 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

The correlation is a myth. We used to buy huge amounts of foodstuffs from the other side of the world before we joined the EU, because they were cheap and good quality. Joining the EU placed import tariffs on those goods, which was the only reason why we started buying more of it from EU countries, nothing to do with said countries being near neighbours.

Just now, Khun Han said:

The correlation is a myth. We used to buy huge amounts of foodstuffs from the other side of the world before we joined the EU, because they were cheap and good quality. Joining the EU placed import tariffs on those goods, which was the only reason why we started buying more of it from EU countries, nothing to do with said countries being near neighbours.

Another bout of cherrypicking. What exactly in numerical terms does "huge amounts" mean? How do those huge amounts compare to other huge amounts like manufacturing and services? More huge, less huge, just as huge?  It's telling that you have no use at all for hard data.

5 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

Another bout of cherrypicking. What exactly in numerical terms does "huge amounts" mean? How do those huge amounts compare to other huge amounts like manufacturing and services? More huge, less huge, just as huge?  It's telling that you have no use at all for hard data.

Pick any major product  from any country  and you will find that it almost invariably gets exported all over the world, and, often, some of it's biggest markets are on the other side of the world. And things have been that way since the Industrial Revolution. The gravity model of economics constantly has to factor in all kinds of international variables (which actually start to take away the 'gravity' aspect) in order to actually work.

Archived