Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

17 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Did you see what Railway Modeller had to say about fishing?

Nothing

IMG_2540.JPG

You realize of course, that I make my living making model trains....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Grouse said:

What has religion got to do with the price of cheese?

For info, we already control our borders or rather the government does.

Religion? There is a certain 'religion' which openly declares that it will NOT integrate, that it is going to take over Europe, and it certainly isn't a religion of peace. This is basically what Brexit was about, and if you don't understand that then you either aren't a Brit or never lived in a working class area in the UK.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Sacre bleu!

I heard they're going to be made in the Netherlands.

Just watching BBC, they are also saying France.

Edited by stevenl

1 hour ago, bannork said:

Bad news for those looking forward to the return of the old dark blue British passport covers post -Brexit.

They're gonna be made in France.

France has no blue ink......................... ?

1 hour ago, cooked said:

Religion? There is a certain 'religion' which openly declares that it will NOT integrate, that it is going to take over Europe, and it certainly isn't a religion of peace. This is basically what Brexit was about, and if you don't understand that then you either aren't a Brit or never lived in a working class area in the UK.

Thank you for confirming what I always suspected Brexit was about despite claims to the contrary on here. 

I have no time for muslims

However, I wouldn't particularly favour Iraqi Christians over any other shape

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, aright said:

Absurd! Try substituting Remainers for Brexit. It was ever thus. When did people of all persuasions not want a say in their future? What happened at Runnymede and why?

Ha ha, the situation is indeed truly absurd! 800 years ago we didn't have peasants squabbling over where to position the comma's and what size of feather to use as a quill! And using olde English in your reply doesn't make your answer any more credible or believable.

6 hours ago, Grouse said:

Do you know what a Gini coefficient is?

5 hours ago, Grouse said:

Look it up

It is a measure of equality

I live well, but I am unhappy at the poverty around me.

I guess ones view of this depends on where one is on Maslov's hierarchy!

I've never thought that loutish behaviour is clever.

Damn, I thought we were all getting 3x wishes.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, cooked said:

i'm a brit. and working class too. and i've met loads of nice people of that 'religion' you seem too afraid to call by name. they've all been british too as it goes, and perfectly sound. and your misunderstanding of what brexit was about is pretty clear. i feel sorry for you. but if you actually voted for brexit then i also think you are an idiot. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

You're making things up.  The EU discard ban was passed in 2015 and is being phased in by species up till next year by which point it will be illegal NOT to land all catch.

The main reason for discard has always been profit, a lot unscrupulous fishermen practice high grading, where they throw away low value catch to allow room for higher value, they don't do that because it's illegal to land what they've caught, but because they will make more money if they fill their boat with expensive fish.

And by the way, the UK fishing industry has the highest profit and also profit margin in the EU, and it also sees the highest rate of investment in the EU.  Let's see if they keep that place post Brexit.

You forgot to mention the BRITISH fishing industry suffered the highest number of redundancies. on our entry to the EEC.

As for investment, well that must be why the fishing industry, at two of our main fishing post was decimated.

It makes me ashamed of my fellow countrymen, who are prepared to see, in fact some would say rejoice, at the thought of our own people losing their jobs, just so selfish remainers may have the opportunity of working in the E.U.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, bannork said:

Bad news for those looking forward to the return of the old dark blue British passport covers post -Brexit.

They're gonna be made in France.

Yes a kick in the teeth to those in Gateshead, who voted overwhelmingly for Brexit , by the civil servants in London.

Interestly France along with other E.U countries do not allow their National passports to be printed in another country.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, nontabury said:
7 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

You're making things up.  The EU discard ban was passed in 2015 and is being phased in by species up till next year by which point it will be illegal NOT to land all catch.

The main reason for discard has always been profit, a lot unscrupulous fishermen practice high grading, where they throw away low value catch to allow room for higher value, they don't do that because it's illegal to land what they've caught, but because they will make more money if they fill their boat with expensive fish.

And by the way, the UK fishing industry has the highest profit and also profit margin in the EU, and it also sees the highest rate of investment in the EU.  Let's see if they keep that place post Brexit.

You forgot to mention the BRITISH fishing industry suffered the highest number of redundancies. on our entry to the EEC.

As for investment, well that must be why the fishing industry, at two of our main fishing post was decimated.

It makes me ashamed of my fellow countrymen, who are prepared to see, in fact some would say rejoice, at the thought of our own people losing their jobs, just so selfish remainers may have the opportunity of working in the E.U.

Remainers love to pontificate about the EU and it's benefits to the UK fishing industry. The one voice they always ignore is that of the UK fishing industry itself. Anyone who takes notice of the UK fishing industry knows that it is relishing a future outside the EU's control. And these are the people who really know and really matter on this issue.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nontabury said:

Yes a kick in the teeth to those in Gateshead, who voted overwhelmingly for Brexit , by the civil servants in London.

Interestly France along with other E.U countries do not allow their National passports to be printed in another country.

Seemingly the reasons that France insist that their passport must be printed in France, is due to national security. Yet they INSIST that the British passport must also be printed in France. And of course Remainer Teresa May has once again capitulated to their demand.

24 minutes ago, nontabury said:

Seemingly the reasons that France insist that their passport must be printed in France, is due to national security. Yet they INSIST that the British passport must also be printed in France. And of course Remainer Teresa May has once again capitulated to their demand.

I thought the printing of the UK passport was put up for tender and the French company won,nobody insisted that the UK passport has to be printed in France.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, adammike said:

I thought the printing of the UK passport was put up for tender and the French company won,nobody insisted that the UK passport has to be printed in France.

True, and I can only put it down to the incompetence of successive British governments. I wonder if this is another example of us Brits, following E.U ( procurement) rules, while others skirt around them.

Edited by nontabury

1 minute ago, adammike said:

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-43489462

£490m contract to Franco-Dutch firm Gemalto. I think they will end up making them in the UK. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nontabury said:

True, and I can only put it down to the incompetence of successive British governments. I wonder if this is another example of us Brits, following E.U ( procurement) rules, while others skirt around them.

It could also be, as was heavily reported, that the German company was the cheapest bid, cheapest by some £50 million! So no, nothing to do with incompetence and nothing to do with EU procurement rules.