Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

51 minutes ago, nauseus said:

No, only the singular version of that term. Do tell. 

Ok, just for you, and I'll type very slowly.

Please compare the development of pound with that of guilden and DM up to introduction of Euro, and with pound and Euro after introduction of Euro.

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

I'll give you a clue - it's black and comes out the ground. Actually we'd be richer as we have whiskey and a bigger tourism industry.

I said "long term", forget tourism as all of the UK has tourism..

2 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Really?  I'm feeling left out :laugh:.

What on earth did you do for the brit. authorities to suggest renouncing citizenship?

Presumably you were never a 'genuine' brit in the first place?

I've never called myself a Brit.

Nuclear plants, submarines, poll tax, basically treated as second class citizens. Any idea how much the oil industry contributed to the UK economy?

2 minutes ago, transam said:

I said "long term", forget tourism as all of the UK has tourism..

I was talking in the past tense. 

The propaganda and lies also before the Scottish referendum for independence is disgusting. 

I can't wait for England to be alone, perhaps with Wales.

What has England ever given Scotland, apart from Buckfast? 

2 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

They are connected, we have already been in talks with some of our old colonies regarding how to make up for the anticipated labour shortfall post Brexit, we will probably see a lot more Muslim immigrants.

Tosh! Do you seriously think anyone from the old colonies will want to move to the UK to work??

When were these talks? Who took part?

15 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I recently got a form from the UK ?? embassy to renounce my citizenship.

I'm tempted to go ahead with it, if I get Thai citizenship.

I despise the UK government, crown, and what they've done to Scotland, which could have been as rich as Norway, if it hadn't Benn for the thieving English.

With those thoughts I think it's best you do renounce you are of no value to us in that state of mind.

If things go belly up for you in Thailand where will you go? I think I know the answer to that question.

22 minutes ago, nauseus said:

The Syrians. What about the rest?

They have on average a lower level of education than the Syrian's, but Germany is predicted to need labour in many sectors and at all levels, they are just not having as many children and they are having them later, they need immigrants to fill the gap, but the added bonus of having so many more professionals, via the Syrian refugees, will be particularly beneficial for their development.

8 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

Lol. That's also called inflation. The former beer for one Mark was then 0.75 Euros or 75 cents, and people thought it was cheap. In the end, it took a long time for all involved to understand that most items were way more expensive than before. 

Let's blame Merkel for all, she must have started Brexit as well. 

Not Brexit as such but it does look like Mutti probably helped to swing the immigration-sensitive voters with her brilliant open doors move.

• Thanks 1

Just now, dick dasterdly said:

Why do you think you've been treated as a "second class citizen"?

Are you a genuine Scot? 

I'm still non-plussed as to why you would receive a letter asking whether you wanted to renounce citizenship???!!

Yes, a genuine Scot. 

Part of the process of getting Thai citizenship is giving a letter of intention to renounce your other citizenship, although not enforced.

The UK recently passed a law not allowing two separate passports with different names, bastards.

1 minute ago, Kieran00001 said:

They have on average a lower level of education than the Syrian's, but Germany is predicted to need labour in many sectors and at all levels, they are just not having as many children and they are having them later, they need immigrants to fill the gap, but the added bonus of having so many more professionals, via the Syrian refugees, will be particularly beneficial for their development.

And there's me thinking robots were the future...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Yes, a genuine Scot. 

Part of the process of getting Thai citizenship is giving a letter of intention to renounce your other citizenship, although not enforced.

The UK recently passed a law not allowing two separate passports with different names, bastards.

Do what you gotta do chap.....LOS has oil in bucket loads, just to make you feel secure, eh.........:laugh:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Airbagwill said:

Tosh! Do you seriously think anyone from the old colonies will want to move to the UK to work??

When were these talks? Who took part?

Incredible!  Sure, there are absolutely no Indians wanting to work in the Uk!  How is it possible to be unaware of that fact that there are millions who want to?  The talks were last year and the people who took apart were Theresa May with Narendra Modi.

6 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I was talking in the past tense. 

The propaganda and lies also before the Scottish referendum for independence is disgusting. 

I can't wait for England to be alone, perhaps with Wales.

What has England ever given Scotland, apart from Buckfast? 

The kilt. In the 1700's the English banned the wearing of trousers with the clans tartan, to overcome this law the Scots started wearing kilts with the clans tartan which didn't break the law as they weren't trousers.

• Haha 1

Just now, nauseus said:

Not Brexit as such but it does look like Mutti probably helped to swing the immigration-sensitive voters with her brilliant open doors move.

I was never "immigration-sensitive", until the eu open-borders policy seriously affected wages/salaries for everyone - other than the highly paid....

1 minute ago, soalbundy said:

The kilt. In the 1700's the English banned the wearing of trousers with the clans tartan, to overcome this law the Scots started wearing kilts with the clans tartan which didn't break the law as they weren't trousers.

Youve got it all wrong.  The Scottish had worn kilts since the 1500's, the Dress Act covered both kilts and trews, the ban lasted 40 years and resulted in kilts amd tartan disappearing from everyday dress.

8 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Yes, a genuine Scot. 

"The UK recently passed a law not allowing two separate passports with different names, bastards."

Presumably this is a joke :shock1:?

4 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

I thought that it was the other way round?

The wearing of kilts was banned after the '45 and their use restricted to "royal" Scottish regiments which however,generally wore trews on campaign until the second half of the Napoleonic Wars.

Clan tartans were a product of Victorian nostalgia for the romantic highlands.

The Lowland Scots never wore kilts..generally following the usual garb of the day and usually loathed the highlanders anyway.Catholics and Protestants were a pretty volatile brew after Prebyterianism was introduced to the Lowlands.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dick dasterdly said:

I was never "immigration-sensitive", until the eu open-borders policy seriously affected wages/salaries for everyone - other than the highly paid....

You can be as immigration sensitive as you want,fact is every European country needs immigrants to keep their pension schemes and health services rolling. Those fleeing violence in their own countries aren't immigrants per se,they are refugees who should be sent back when the troubles are over. Unlike the rest of Europe the UK doesn't have ID cards or a registration of abode regulation (I may be wrong with the latter, haven't lived there for years) which makes it difficult to keep track of who is in the country and their whereabouts.

7 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Youve got it all wrong.  The Scottish had worn kilts since the 1500's, the Dress Act covered both kilts and trews, the ban lasted 40 years and resulted in kilts amd tartan disappearing from everyday dress.

I stand corrected then. The English gave them the English language, not accounting for the accent (although it sounds better than a London accent) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

As you can see from this graph, the significant date is not 2004 when we opened our borders to EU workers, but 2008 when the global financial crisis occurred.

IMG_4563.JPG.f65aa4e5332eb6a99d044adce73ed669.JPG

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

The IMF disagree with you, they agree with me, they say Germany should take more Syrians as it will counter their aging population.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/may/09/germany-imf-economy-growth-refugees-migrants-labour-ageing-population

IMF only concerned with it's precious GDP.  Link below from the FT last year - nearly half a million immigrants unemployable then. How many now? GDP at any price?

You can add and add to populations but eventually this policy is unsustainable and fails. 

Just now, Kieran00001 said:

The IMF disagree with you, they agree with me, they say Germany should take more Syrians as it will counter their aging population.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/may/09/germany-imf-economy-growth-refugees-migrants-labour-ageing-population

And that is always the excuse.....

The fact that it keeps wages v. low for those at the bottom of the chain (which of course permeates up to the middle-sectors) - is, for some reason NEVER mentioned :sad:.

• Thanks 1