Suthep vows no return to politics but will support Gen Prayut as next PM

webfact

Suthep vows no return to politics but will support Gen Prayut as next PM

By Thai PBS

63FC71AA-CD29-4BC8-8994-986571E2ABC8.jpe

People’s Democratic Reform Committee Foundation chairman Suthep Thuagsuban reiterated on Tuesday that he would not contest the next general election nor accept any political post, but would continue to support General Prayut Chan-o-cha as the next prime minister.

Asked about the speculation that he and his former PDRC colleagues would set up a political party to support General Prayut’s quest for the next premiership, the former Democrat heavyweight said that it was quite normal for people to make speculation about him which, he said, was not true.

He reconfirmed his earlier pronouncement to spend the rest of his life to serve the three pillars of the nation namely the Monarchy, the Religion and the People. He said he would not return to become a politician, would not contest any election and would turn down all political offers, not even a post in the executive committee of a party.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/suthep-vows-no-return-politics-will-support-gen-prayut-next-pm/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-02-28

3 hours ago, webfact said:

to spend the rest of his life to serve the three pillars of the nation namely the Monarchy, the Religion and the People

You self-righteous little man . . . after the mayhem you were largely responsible for, pre-coup.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

He said he . . . . . . . . . would not contest any election and would turn down all political offers, not even a post in the executive committee of a party.

I never did like this man. Now, after this 'please come crawling to me and ask me to join you, after all I've helped you' plea, I hate the midget. If he and Prayut go down in the same leaky boat, that will herald the start of cleaner politics for Thailand.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, steven100 said:

A wise decision Khun Suthep .... 

You are only foolish because you choose to follow fools.  The video is for you Steven100,, as you are not interested in the political wisdom or good governance that has made other countries great.  Thailand would be a marginally better place if people who usurped power were as intelligent as you, but instead you follow them. 

Suthep has already said the PTP will win.  Suthep cannot muster what he had four years ago by a long shot with all those watches on Prawit's arm.  You have chosen to stay silent on that like a good soldier or sycophant. 

2 hours ago, Srikcir said:

I thought the Military was a pillar.

Maybe it's just a door.

Yes, the military is a door - and a tool (used, for mutual benefit, by someone whose name and position I, for the life of me, simply cannot remember ...).

• Like 1

On 2/27/2018 at 7:38 PM, mikebell said:

Allowing Suthep to hitch himself to Mr P's wagon won't help Prayuth either.  They're both doomed by association with each other.

Watch for the spin..its coming...but Thais are getting wiser and Prayuth has been shown to be untruthful enough for people to be able to peel back the veil. If it is done properly where it gets maximum exposure the Puppet Master will not win the election and Suthep will be on the outside looking in hoping to curry favor with the new leadership.

• Like 2