US soldiers fined for fighting with Thai men who allegedly tried to aggressively sell them watches at Pattaya bar

webfact

6 hours ago, steven100 said:

I disagree with your protection of IP.  Multinational corporations ripping of anyone it can sell too ... greedy pigs imo.

They employ the cheapest labour possible in places like India, Bangladesh and other countries. 

And to me a copy is fine ....  

A watch seller in Bangkok sells his copy watches to make money to feed his family. If he has a stall maybe he employs one other guy who feeds his family.

A street sweeper or a middle class worker is never going to buy or can never afford a real Rolex, Guicci or Adidas ....   he can afford a copy.

So what the Multinational company missing out on ?   not profits ....   as the small guy will never buy the original ...   yet he buys a cheaper one and feeds his family.

I totally disagree with you when a company invested alot of money to make a product and have partent of there product it is illegal to copy as a case in China Lego win a big lawsuit against a Chinese business man there copy their products 

If all people thinking as you soon all Thailand people will drive in a copy Lamborghini 555

A joke sorry but on social networks Thai people say to police kick them out of Pattaya start take responsibility and do your job 

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 1:07 PM, Tilacme said:

Take a pause and try to figure it out.

I don't need to because that's what one of the Yanks did...then he stamped on the watch, then he slapped the vendor's head when he tried to pick up the watch.  Hardly the action of someone trying to make a citizen's arrest, more like the action of thuggish baffoon!

Edited by Just Weird
  • Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 1:38 PM, marinediscoking said:

I scares me the two of you believe that. For a thai, its called a "face saving lie". Notice how their faces are covered. Are the two of you fresh off the boat?

To those posting about the fine, everyone must pay it involved in a fight. No judge asses it only the police taking the report who then sends everyone to fine window. The same window that everyone pays traffic tickets at.

You're easily scared by the truth, then?

"No judge asses it..."

Maybe  the homosexual judges "ass it" [sic]!

On 01/03/2018 at 12:40 PM, sanemax said:

The Americans were charged for being involved in the scuffle .

The Judge must have considered that the Americans actions of throwing the watches on the floor contributed to the scuffle .

Fair enough

I love these comments by multi thousand posts members. It is glaringly obvious you do not live in Thailand but need to comment nevertheless.  There would not have been a judge involved at all.  The system here does not work that way.  The police would have decided and applied the fines. 

• Like 1

On 3/1/2018 at 12:09 PM, webfact said:

Pattaya Vendors Arrested For Brawl With U.S. Soldiers

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

1519824777152-696x522.jpg

Arrested vendors are presented to media Wednesday at Pattaya City Police Station

PATTAYA — A group of watch sellers in the resort town of Pattaya were arrested Wednesday for allegedly starting a punching match with American soldiers, in town for a military exercise.

The six vendors were charged with selling counterfeit goods. Two of them were charged with assault for the Saturday brawl – footage of which later surfaced on social media and drew outrage. They were fined 5,000 baht for the assault.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2018/03/01/pattaya-vendors-arrested-brawl-u-s-soldiers/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-03-01

Why are their faces covered with masks ?  This is not normal . 

I believe the watch sellers work for the mafia , someone high up the ranks. They are paid commission for the sales. It's all very organized and I would not be surprised if some officials are involved . 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

It is true in Thailand as well .

The law for foreigners and Thais in Thailand is the same for both

Maybe the law is the same but is the application of the law the same? Somehow I doubt it.

• Sad 1

On 3/1/2018 at 9:24 AM, Thian said:

So what punishment did they get for this?

The WHOLE WORLD knows that fake Rolex watches are sold in Pattaya giving thailand a bad name...

But the sale of fake watches harms no-one, certainly not Rolex, because the person who buys a knock-off on Beach road is never going to spend tens of thousands on the genuine article.

6 hours ago, Just Weird said:

I don't need to because that's what one of the Yanks did...then he stamped on the watch, then he slapped the vendor's head when he tried to pick up the watch.  Hardly the action of someone trying to make a citizen's arrest, more like the action of thuggish baffoon!

That's even worse than what I read: "throwing watch on the floor".

Don't those folks get some briefing before they are left loose in Pattaya?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Trying to use the "we're the good guys, the world police" excuse. The lad was drunk and full of himself and decided to slap around some Thai bloke trying to make a living. Trouble follows these American "military" people around. 

• Like 1

On 01/03/2018 at 10:24 PM, Seismic said:

Do the police hand out those facemasks on request or do you have to make sure you bring your own ??

I was wondering that.......might be a good idea to carry one for that time when you get hauled in.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, punchjudy said:

I was wondering that.......might be a good idea to carry one for that time when you get hauled in.

Just carry your knickers in your pocket and quickly wear them on your head when caught doing something nefarious.

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 1:50 PM, marinediscoking said:

I'v watched both video's and didn't see any of them throw anything on the ground. They were 20 meters from a police station if they felt this was the case instead of throwing punches.

The entire life of that bar was not being filmed, the filming started when the fight went outside, who's going to bother filming watch vendors going about their normal business?

Perhaps if you kept yourself up to date with all news reports you wouldn't be so skeptical about what actually happened.

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 4:22 PM, connda said:

Open your eyes.  The soldiers who were assaulted and defended themselves were fined, i.e., sanctioned.  Whether there is a statute or not is irrelevant.  Look at what the RTP did, not what is or isn't codified into law.

This is the reality of the situation:
"The Thai men were fined THB5,000 each because they started the fight, while the soldiers had to pay THB1,000 each. All of them were released."

The defenders were fined for defending themselves.

How about you opening your eyes and reading some other news reports where it confirms that the first blow was a US 'soldier' slapping the head of the vendor when he bent down to pick up the watch that the US twa_t had thrown on the floor and stamped on.

Edited by Just Weird

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 5:24 PM, marinediscoking said:

I have watched both videos. It was the Thai in the black shirt that started the fight with a sucker punch to the GI in the White shirt. Then anther thai attacks from behind punching a GI in the back of the head.  

There's more to it than what was filmed!

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 5:31 PM, bubbagoes said:

for those of you who may not know this these young men that get to come here for Cobra Gold, not just Americans, but British and Australian also, are under very strict orders not to cause trouble with the locals. Even if its not their fault they will probably suffer the wrath of their commanders, and possibly not be able to come again. For them to have the cause to defend themselves...well they must have been provoked quite a bit.

Yeah, they're such 'kin angels, aren't they?

21 hours ago, balo said:

Why are their faces covered with masks ?  This is not normal . 

I believe the watch sellers work for the mafia , someone high up the ranks. They are paid commission for the sales. It's all very organized and I would not be surprised if some officials are involved . 

It is normal if the accused request it, no one is obliged to show their faces at these presentations.