Quick! Clean the filthy beach - the tourists are coming for the weekend!

rooster59

Quick! Clean the filthy beach - the tourists are coming for the weekend!

561000002234301.JPEG

Image: Manager

A fisherman told the Thai media that a beach near Ban Pae - the staging post for Koh Samet - was covered in all manner of litter yesterday and the authorities were doing nothing.

The trash including a huge amount of plastic bags and bottles was strewn over a 150 meter stretch of Ban Kon Ao.

Fisherman Sompong Butchaya called Manager to tell them to get something done as the weekend was coming up and soon loads of tourists would arrive.

It would have a negative impact on the image of tourism in Rayong, he concluded.

The tide was blamed for bringing in the trash.

Source: Manager

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-03-03
  • Sad 1

Seem like tourists are just turning a blind eye to seeing the rubbish as they just keep on coming to Thailand in record numbers. So I suppose the rubbish in their own countries is just as bad or worse.

Why else would they keep coming back?

4 hours ago, darksidedog said:

If people didn't discard their trash everywhere, especially in the rivers and streams, it would not be in the sea in the first place, so the tide would not be able to deposit it on the beaches. Folks need to take a little bit of responsibility back down the line and dispose of their garbage correctly.

Oh come on!you know darn well thais would never do this. (Sarcasm, if you can't see) It's all the pesky tourists who throw their trash outside into the countries waters. Just ask the government! They will tell you the same

• Like 2

My friends and I rented a boat to go to kho phai.  The boats motor was stalled due to the amount of rubbish floating there in the sea. The whole trip going and returning to the island was taken in a series of zigzag to avoid driving lover the floatsam.  

All of that trash floating in the sea within a kilometer or 2 of Pattaya.  Eventually tides will return it to its sender.  

People can blame the fishing boats and the tourists all they want. But I saw many things tourists don't use on holidays floating out there. It was really disgusting

• Like 2

I have notices over the 20 years of being here that the rubbish problem is getting a lot worse, not just the beaches, but illegal tipping out in the countryside, and general litter being throw on the ground or on vacant land plots.

As for blaming the sea for the litter... what a joke.  Its people making it... from Thailand or another country does not matter.  Thailand needs to sort out this problem before it gets as filthy as some other countries.

Easy way to see where the rubbish is coming from (and I suspect a lot of from here) is to simply read the writing on the plastic bags.. see if its got Thai language on it!!!

• Like 2

Here is pictures of trash along beach road in Pattaya for a few days before Chinese New Year to

a couple days after, and I thought it was still considerred high season. Shame to the Mayor and the garbage department, for their lack of concern.

Geezer

DSCN9598.JPG

DSCN9570.JPG

DSCN9556.JPG

Thailand is one of the worst polluters of the worlds  oceans. The countryside, towns and villages are swamped by litter.  There is a huge culture change needed. Despite the Junta promising to cleanup the environment virtually nothing seems to being done, just a handful of people + camera crews picking garbage from selected beaches.

• Like 1

Perhaps locals should have access to UK Government warnings. I received this one yesterday:

Local laws and customs section - there are strict rules on the disposal of all forms of waste, especially polystyrene and plastic, and any act that causes damage to coastal areas.

I lived in Ban Phe 11 years ago. That beach was filthy back then too. It seemed nobody was responsible for cleaning anything (jusl like now it seems). Can you imagine going there a second time? What are the people thinking?

6 hours ago, rebo said:

"The tide was blamed for bringing in the trash."
Ohhh this evil evil tide!!!
And I blame - from own experiences - the fishermen to be responsible for a huge part of this rubbish.

Sattahip beach last week, that tide again  !!.

20180222_134319-1-1.jpg

I feel sorry for the people in any tourist area, and for anywhere in the country for that matter that has this garbage problem, due to corruption of several people, who should lose their jobs. Here are more pictures of the Pattaya, Jomtien Beach road, and even a soi. Disgusting! I hope the General PM sees these, and is affected, by them.

Geezer

DSCN9609 - Copy.JPG

DSCN9592.JPG

DSCN9608 - Copy.JPG

DSCN9570.JPG

DSCN9599.JPG

8 hours ago, Thian said:

But it's good that they fine all tourists 100.000 bahtfor littering cigarettebutts on the beach :post-4641-1156694572:

There's no need for bins or ashtrays, tourism will destroy itself in Thailand.

Now Thai people just use the ash tray as bins here in jomtien to lazy to go garbish bin