Immigration no longer issue Certificate of Residence

My local immigration office in Prachinburi no longer issue Certificates of Residence - they told me to go to my embassy instead. I need one to renew my driving license - however, the officer at the Land Transport office says they will accept Yellow Book instead. I don't have one yet but hopefully can get it and avoid the hassle and expense of a trip to the UK embassy. 

You could also try your local Police Station who have templates for Certificates of Residence.

Amphurs are another option, rather than the expense of using your Embassy.

My office still issue C of R's, but now require a letter from the DLT requesting the C of R.

Still issued free though, unlike some offices.

• Like 1

Have a question; Has expiration date a residence certificate made by the embassy?

I Got it 1 month ago for report 90 days in next month.

Edited by Tarteso

8 minutes ago, Tarteso said:

Have a question; Has expiration date a residence certificate made by the embassy?

Immigration has always told me its good for a month only.  I imagine same with embassy.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tarteso said:

Usually valid 1 month.

Why do you need a C of R to make a 90 day report?

My IO in Chanthaburi does not issue C of R either.  DLT in Chanthaburi will only accept affidavit from my embassy in Bangkok.  Just got back from a lovely 4 hour bus ride to get it. Also cost $50.00 USD and an overnight hotel stay.

DH

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, charliebadenhop said:

I just got a certificate of residence, two days ago in Chiang Rai.

Quick and easy. I think they charged me B300.

Too bad they are supposed to be free. A quick and easy butt poke is what you got. 

• Like 2

I got stung 500 baht at Sakon Nakhon immigration, when you think about it, the country is full of corruption, but it is within the affordability range of us poor farangs :passifier:

Due for renewal in June, hope its not going to be another drive to immigration and another 500 baht, otherwise I best be saving from now :ph34r:

4 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

Why do you need a C of R to make a 90 day report?

4 hours ago, Tarteso said:

Becouse I changued my city of residence.

In order to make 90 day reports at a new Immigration office, you need to file a TM28 and probably a TM30.

You'll need to submit proof of your new address such as a copy of your landlords Tabien Baan and ID card.

Once you've registered your new address, they may only require your Passport to make 90 day reports.

Certificates of residence are usually obtained from Immigration for purchasing a vehicle or obtaining a Thai Driving licence.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

In order to make 90 day reports at a new Immigration office, you need to file a TM28 and probably a TM30.

You'll need to submit proof of your new address such as a copy of your landlords Tabien Baan and ID card.

Once you've registered your new address, they may only require your Passport to make 90 day reports.

Certificates of residence are usually obtained from Immigration for purchasing a vehicle or obtaining a Thai Driving licence.

Many Thanks Tanoshi. Have already all documents, so just I know need to make a new RC. at Inm. Off.

Edited by Tarteso

12 hours ago, davhend25 said:

My IO in Chanthaburi does not issue C of R either.  DLT in Chanthaburi will only accept affidavit from my embassy in Bangkok.  Just got back from a lovely 4 hour bus ride to get it. Also cost $50.00 USD and an overnight hotel stay.

DH

And a night out on Cowboy?

Expensive tally on something that used to be covered by a yellow book or utility bill!

Could those that are posting on here please name the Immigration office that they attended as some are just saying an area. example: Isaan. How many IO's are in the Isaan region? How many IO's are in the Central region? It would help all of us if the IO location (ie: Udon Thani and not just Isaan) was given every time someone finds a problem or is telling everyone what is accepted and what is not accepted at the various IO's

Thanks guys

• Like 2

A bit out of topic but I am also related to Prachinburi immigration bureau and the boss: she is a real pain in the neck...

I deeply regret the auspicious times when I still had to go Changsoensao even if that was fifty kilometers further.

13 hours ago, jacko45k said:

And a night out on Cowboy?

Expensive tally on something that used to be covered by a yellow book or utility bill!

Ah yes...very expensive and time consuming at best....and no "Cowboy."  My lovely Thai wife was with me...5555.

• Haha 1

On 3/8/2018 at 4:07 PM, sirocco said:

I got mine from the Embassy of France, via the Internet.
Have a good day.

Me too, but since 2017 they stopped making an English version. Now it is French only and quite useless here in Thailand. My last one was made buy my Condo management in Thai.