Video: A motley crew! Pattaya police chief announces arrest of 19 foreigners.

rooster59

3 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

So if the USA guy is broke, or claims to be, and offers no money or means or willingness to buy a ticket back to the USA, what happens?  Thailand locks him up?  If he gets the deportation order, who buys the ticket, and to where?

I believe he would be deported to his home country, in this case the USA.      I'm wondering too who would pay if he is broke.

10 minutes ago, Spaniel said:

I believe he would be deported to his home country, in this case the USA.      I'm wondering too who would pay if he is broke.

Standard procedure is that he will relax in IDC until he can find a way to buy his own ticket home. If his embassy contacts family that would be one way to do it.

3 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

So if the USA guy is broke, or claims to be, and offers no money or means or willingness to buy a ticket back to the USA, what happens?  Thailand locks him up?  If he gets the deportation order, who buys the ticket, and to where?

The US will let him stay in prison for up to 50 days,  then within a week of hitting the deportation center they will repatriate him with all costs paid in order to do this.  This is their standard policy.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, captspectre said:

not with my money! I didn't bring the idiot here and i sure as hell am not going to pay for him to leave.either he would get in touch with his family or get used to rice and fish!

I'm with you there capt. Round 'em up and send them on their way . I had to spend nearly 2 hours yesterday at Maesai Imm. for my marriage visa , more paper work then ever , why ?  Because of illegals and overstayers in part.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Tom Cahill said:

The US will let him stay in prison for up to 50 days,  then within a week of hitting the deportation center they will repatriate him with all costs paid in order to do this.  This is their standard policy.

Let him stay in prison for 50 days. The US Enbassy is all heart.

4 hours ago, Darcula said:

That's not a restricted occupation. However, being Man Friday is definitely prohibited for foreigners.

It is restricte for farang only, but they have to look good....

This is recorded in thailand.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Borzandy said:

Why are they wearing a mask ? is it smelly at the police station?

It's obvious that they have been given the masks to hide their faces.

There was a clear reminder some time age that it's forbidden to parade suspects full face to the public.

I guess that about 11 of the 19 are Cambodian fresh from a construction site or the like. All properly dressed compared to the western looking tramps.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Get Real said:

Of course. So, you just said that it´s the blame of isaan women that US guys and other guys loose all their money, enter the country illegally or overstay? Have you ever been thinking about the lack of common sense and the possibility to live in reality, that is totally missing regarding theese guys that you think we should have so much sympathy for.

Same as saying that you should have sympathy for a bag of rice, just because it went empty. :cheesy:

I'm so glad you cleared that up for us TV members. I stupidly thought the same thing about scammers galore ................  Your clearly a voice for the people 'well done' you need commended ..............:passifier:

5 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Happened to a Dutch guy I knew, you stay in prison until you have the funds to buy a ticket, he was inside for 9 months before he received the money for a ticket.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ScotBkk said:

I'm so glad you cleared that up for us TV members. I stupidly thought the same thing about scammers galore ................  Your clearly a voice for the people 'well done' you need commended ..............:passifier:

Sorry, you are just all wrong. I didn´t clear anything up. I stated my opinon. That is also something you are entitled to, due to that is what people do in a news forum.

I have a question, though. You sign that you stupidly thought the same thing about scammers galore? What are you meaning, and which category of people are you refering to as beeing scammers?

As a third fact. I have no intention or wish to be a voice to the people. Reason for that is in the explaination above regarding what we usually do in a forum.

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

Happened to a Dutch guy I knew, you stay in prison until you have the funds to buy a ticket, he was inside for 9 months before he received the money for a ticket.

That's consistent with some reports I have seen.

I learnt from an early age at school not to gamble, walking 3 miles home in the snow, loosing 2 penny bus fare on a gamble with marbles. Loving and marrying a Thai lady here is a big big gamble, read the books first, listen to the locals, then  make a decision, only gamble with what you can afford to lose.

8 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

He'll pay the fine by way of detention in IDC, so much per day towards his fine until it is paid off.  If he can't buy a ticket he'll stay there until he can find someone who can.

6 hours ago, torrzent said:

Is that a surfer dude with the blonde dreads?  He came for the waves, but was misinformed?

The title of the article used the words Motley Crew to describe the arrested persons, perhaps that is Vince Neil?

• Haha 1