Prayuth Cleared To Join New Party

webfact

41 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

I think the inclusion of the upper house will only kick in when the lower house reach an impasse in voting for the prime minister. Only then will the 2 houses combine to vote. Stand corrected. Anyone? 

Yes, the Senate. The 74 non-elected/appointed members out of the 150. Wonder which way they'll vote? This of course is a rhetorical question. I've said earlier today it doesn't matter. Prayut and his military cronies and non elected elite are here to stay.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Yes, the Senate. The 74 non-elected/appointed members out of the 150. Wonder which way they'll vote? This of course is a rhetorical question. I've said earlier today it doesn't matter. Prayut and his military cronies and non elected elite are here to stay.

ALL 250 senators are going to be appointed. 

Just now, dinsdale said:

I stand corrected. 262 appointed.

What did they change it to 262 ? It used to be 244 + The military supreme commander, the commanders of the three armed force branches, the defence permanent secretary and the national police chief

10 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

What did they change it to 262 ? It used to be 244 + The military supreme commander, the commanders of the three armed force branches, the defence permanent secretary and the national police chief

It's 200.:smile:

3 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

It's 200.:smile:

the first period it is going to be 250, unless they now changed that once again. Apparently for the first five years the senate would have 250 members, all of which appointed by the NCPO.

Under a provisional clause, all 250 members of the first senate will be chosen by a selection committee itself handpicked by the junta, and six seats in the upper house are reserved for four top military commanders, the police chief, and the permanent secretary of the Defence Ministry.

Edited by sjaak327

1 minute ago, sjaak327 said:

the first period it is going to be 250, unless they now changed that once again. Apparently for the first five years the senate would have 250 members, all of which appointed by the NCPO.

Ok. It's hard to keep up. They're doing everything to legitimise their continuance in power. They want to rig this without it seeming rigged. This reminds me, no, is the same as Myanmar.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Ok. It's hard to keep up. They're doing everything to legitimise their continuance in power. They want to rig this without it seeming rigged. This reminds me, no, is the same as Myanmar.

Everyone can see it is rigged :)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Dont foreget the creature who bribed the poor to become PM also robbed the Nation and ran away.This chap aint perfect, but much better than the Conman.

"better than a conman". Really? I'd say there's a fair bit of conning going on right now, or don't you read the news? If an election happens next year as proposed, that will be nearly 5 years of absolute authority, which is much more than any elected PM could possibly hope for. He's doing very well wouldn't you think?

Edited by tropo
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, JonnyF said:

If the law stopped him, he'd change the law anyway. Or "Article 44" it. Because as he's reminded us, he can do whatever he wants. There is a word for this form of government that starts with D, and it's not Democracy.

The writing is on the wall, this guy is here to stay for many years to come. A very sad turn of events for what could be such a great country. 

So what ever really changes in LoS, other than the skyline ?

• Like 2

16 hours ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Its funny, when i was Young, Lefty n Broke. i would have agreed with all you whingin   handout poverty struck failures. Now yer get on me Tits.

Apparently youve also lost a lot of inteligence, cause, you know, you could not read this thread and then try to slag people who are having a disscussion over the plight of this nation..

What bar did she come from?

Edited by kaorop

1 hour ago, kaorop said:

Apparently youve also lost a lot of inteligence, cause, you know, you could not read this thread and then try to slag people who are having a disscussion over the plight of this nation..

What bar did she come from?

Seems to be the plight of the poor ferangs here than the generally rather well off Thai Nation  . A discussion with who exactly.?. Youngsters who should be in their home country saving enough money to retire comfortably here later on in life, or those who are Teachers, Border Hoppers, Digital Nomads, or E Beggars on You Tube. Retired Ferangs here are quit happy, with a few exceptions.  Sorry if you find a Comfortable Upper Middle Class life style unacceptable.

2 hours ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Seems to be the plight of the poor ferangs here than the generally rather well off Thai Nation  . A discussion with who exactly.?. Youngsters who should be in their home country saving enough money to retire comfortably here later on in life, or those who are Teachers, Border Hoppers, Digital Nomads, or E Beggars on You Tube. Retired Ferangs here are quit happy, with a few exceptions.  Sorry if you find a Comfortable Upper Middle Class life style unacceptable.

"Retired Ferangs here are quit happy, with a few exceptions."

I'm one of those exceptions, and we are more than a few.  I have made a number of Thai friends and care enough about their future and country to want real democracy for them.

• Thanks 1

On Wed Mar 14 2018 at 11:10 AM, HAKAPALITA said:

Not even going to bother reading this. I will however bother to add to the blocked list.

• Like 2