In fundraising speech, Trump says he made up trade claim in meeting with Justin Trudeau

webfact

In fundraising speech, Trump says he made up trade claim in meeting with Justin Trudeau

By Josh Dawsey, Damian Paletta and Erica Werner

President Trump boasted in a fundraising speech Wednesday that he made up information in a meeting with the leader of a top U.S. ally, saying he insisted to Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau that the United States runs a trade deficit with its neighbor to the north without knowing whether that was true.

“Trudeau came to see me. He’s a good guy, Justin. He said, ‘No, no, we have no trade deficit with you, we have none. Donald, please,’ ” Trump said, mimicking Trudeau, according to audio of the private event in Missouri obtained by The Washington Post. “Nice guy, good-looking guy, comes in — ‘Donald, we have no trade deficit.’ He’s very proud because everybody else, you know, we’re getting killed.

“... So, he’s proud. I said, ‘Wrong, Justin, you do.’ I didn’t even know. ... I had no idea. I just said, ‘You’re wrong.’ You know why? Because we’re so stupid. … 

Full story: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2018/03/14/in-fundraising-speech-trump-says-he-made-up-facts-in-meeting-with-justin-trudeau/

-- The Washington Post 2018-03-16

• Haha 1

Too bad, it's the kind of lie that might bring out the sympathy vote for Trudeau.

But what's really amazing is that this is the kind of "lie" that a child would tell if  he was being naughty and afraid of being found out.  He'd just say anything that occurred to him on the spur of the moment.

Bad boy.

• Like 1

In a previous meeting, Trump told his supporters that if he acts too presidential nobody would listen to him, that is why he speaks the way he is, because that is the only reason why his supporters will listen and believe him. Trump is an entertainer and he knows what people likes to hear. 

2 hours ago, mike324 said:

In a previous meeting, Trump told his supporters that if he acts too presidential nobody would listen to him, that is why he speaks the way he is, because that is the only reason why his supporters will listen and believe him. Trump is an entertainer and he knows what people likes to hear. 

When you say entertainer you mean clown and yes he is a clown.  Not a nice cuddly clown though, he is the type of clown that you warn your children about.  The sort you run and hide from.

8 hours ago, Berkshire said:

Now if Trump would just admit that everything out of his mouth is "made-up," I might have more respect for him. 

I don't think he knows reality from make believe any more. Wouldn't know the truth if it bit him!

12 hours ago, Silurian said:

Image result for justin trump handshake

I love this pic, great for a "fill in the caption" competition.

"And here's my foreign policy plan"

Justin: "that's the smallest hand I've ever seen on an adult man"

• Haha 2