printing forum hardcopy?

chubby

I just did a print by doing a right click on my mouse and it shows the content in preview on Chrome. I am sure it would of printed it as shown.

How are you doing the print command and which browser?

Screenshot of the preview (I cut off part of the page).

image.png.87a79c40c3846d6d342b7bfdd464e597.png

18 hours ago, chubby said:

so, is it by design then when I try to print forum content the pages are blank?  and there is no "print version" button ?  or  WTH?

I don't think it is WTH. More likely, it is YCIFU.

hmm, ok so right click you get web format, which is pretty unusable.  my guess , it as in other posts TV doesn't care

be glad to hear otherwise, but considering how things changed @ TV , dubious IMO

Edited by chubby
asdf

I don't recall very many sites I have gone onto that has a print button on it.

An easy way if you don't want entire page is to do a screenshot. I have a program (search for SreenHunter) installed that lets me cut out part of the page for a screenshot then print it or save it as file.

For example.

image.png.e3258b02978793dc2545a441df76c135.png

Edit: If you only want text from a post you can also select it and then do a right mouse click to print it.

yes, I know the basics Joe, but the latter grabs all the images, which are sometimes difficult to edit out and time consuming, and the point also being that this is a forum  not just another website, && used to have such a button ...... and there is the trust issue with TV , though I forget all the history

btw, in my user settings,  I can only go see 1 page of my old posts  is that also  by design  ?  (yes I guess I could do a search for my name in the search engine but..)

6 hours ago, chubby said:

yes, I know the basics Joe, but the latter grabs all the images, which are sometimes difficult to edit out and time consuming, and the point also being that this is a forum 

As I wrote before the program (http://www.wisdom-soft.com/products/product_guide.htm) that I use allows you to select the text you want to print. 

Here is shot of your post.

image.png.2dfeb820ef6a23c01ba91c6478fa150e.png

6 hours ago, chubby said:

btw, in my user settings,  I can only go see 1 page of my old posts  is that also  by design  ?  (yes I guess I could do a search for my name in the search engine but..)

If you go to your profile page you will see this on the top right side of the screen. image.png.7e911001564cf3eb75f71707b183079a.png

That will show everything you have posted. You can also select to see only topics and posts on the left side of the page.