Tourism agencies preparing to accommodate visitors, following popularity of Thai soap

webfact

Tourism agencies preparing to accommodate visitors, following popularity of Thai soap

ld.jpg

FILE photo

BANGKOK, 21 March 2018 (NNT) – The Permanent Secretary for Tourism and Sports, Pongpanu Svetarundra, has instructed all agencies to accommodate the rising number of tourist arrivals, following the popularity of Bupphesunniwas (Love Destiny) television series. 

Bupphesunniwas is based on events in Ayutthaya province during the reign of the King Narai the Great. The popular soap opera has increased the number of visitors to archeological sites in Ayutthaya. 

Mr. Pongpanu has instructed agencies under the Ministry of Tourism and Sports to provide convenience to tourists who visit the historical sites and attractions, where Bupphesunniwas was filmed. 

He has lauded the series producer, after it has made many Thai people interested in Thai history, arts, and culture.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-03-21

I watched the first episode but didn't care for it. I found other Thai soap operas much better. The acting was off and the characters not likable. Maybe it gets better in later episodes but I didn't want to waste my time to find out.

Thailand .......The Hub of Soap Operas.

It has been a while since we have had a Hub from the Ministry of Tourism. Hubs used to come thick and fast when Mrs Kobkarn was running the Department.

I miss her adventuresome inexhaustible energy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, webfact said:

Bupphesunniwas is based on events in Ayutthaya province during the reign of the King Narai the Great. The popular soap opera has increased the number of visitors to archeological sites in Ayutthaya. 

He has lauded the series producer, after it has made many Thai people interested in Thai history, arts, and culture.

C'mon, they'll probably find another 5-room hotel, won't they? :smile:

1 hour ago, Cadbury said:

Thailand .......The Hub of Soap Operas.

It has been a while since we have had a Hub from the Ministry of Tourism. Hubs used to come thick and fast when Mrs Kobkarn was running the Department.

I miss her adventuresome inexhaustible energy.

I miss her too.

It's really,really,boring now..:sad:

• Like 1

"He has lauded the series producer, after it has made many Thai people interested in Thai history, arts, and culture."

A very particular version of history, arts and culture...one might ad!

1 minute ago, HiSoLowSoNoSo said:

Soon some idiot in the government probably will come up with a recommendation for the (Soap opera) tourists to wear Traditional Thai dresses! 

Brilliant idea, my friend! Yes, I am sure that Prayut will soon be issuing a decree that all visitors to the illustrious Thai Kingdom must show their respect by wearing the appropriate traditional Thai costumes (in our case - as highly respected outsiders - it would be the costumes of serfs and slaves - ha ha!).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

. . . instructed all agencies to accommodate the rising number of tourist arrivals

Don't these top-knobs enjoy saying grand-sounding things, like HE has INSTRUCTED ALL OTHER AGENCIES, as if he's the boss of the bloody country. The only people who MIGHT need to prepare for increased tourist numbers are the travel providers, e.g. airlines, airports and BTS, etc. and accommodation providers. The hotels and resorts will say 'yes please', until they are full and that is a very long way off. So what, exactly, is Pongpanu blathering on about? So Thai, so big noise, SO LITTLE ACTION.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Eligius said:

Yes, they will all be flocking here in their millions, billions, trillions - from all parts of the world, and from the International Space Station, from Jupiter, Mars, Neptune, the furthest reaches of the Milky Way, the universes beyond the universe - they will all (aliens, weird animals, hybrids, 'quality tourists', the lot) all be clamouring to come to Thailand, as they will all have seen this magnificently acted and utterly realistic soap opera. 

The multi-universe is in thrall to the magic of Thailand and its tourism wonders!

Now then, Eligius . . . what have I told you about exaggerating? If I've told you once, I've told you a zillion times . . . now stop it, this minute, otherwise it's upstairs and straight to your room :post-4641-1156693976:!

• Haha 2