Loud music from ad

sirineou

I understand the need for revenue from advertising to support the forum ,

but lately every time I navigate to a page a loud music starts playing, no words just music,   I am sure it is from one of the many advertisements but I don't know  which one, thus providing no benefit to the ad  since it does nothing to draw my attention to it,  since i don't know which ad it emanates from,

So the loud music is of no benefit to the ad . no benefit to me since it forced me to activate my adblocker, and have to wait 10 seconds for pages to load, and no benefit to TVF because it deprives it from ad viewing

A lose. lose,  situation

^^^^^

Tried clicking each ad I could find on the page off, but the loud music persists .

Three  options I can think of.

Turn the sound on my computer of (not viable) turn the adblock on and wait 10 seconds every time I navigate to a page , (also not viable)

Or Endure the annoying music (unendurable )

So I guess this Forum is unusable to be until the situation is resolved.

Strange that nobody else has mentioned having the same problem. Certainly not for me.

Does it come up all the forums or only one. I don't see any adverts that would a sound coming from them on the main forum page. It would almost have to be one that has flash or a video playing.

Something you might try if your browser has the option to turn off sound for the site. On Chrome I can click on Secure in the address bar and settings for site to turn off the sound if I want to.

You also might want to check to see if you have any malware or adware that is causing the problem.

• Like 1

Thank you for the prompt reply

I think the adverts are targeted and we all get different ones depending on searches we do on the internet, I once had one that was generated by an ad from the winter olympics and went away when the olympics were done. I will check the security checkings as suggested but if that is available it might also shut the sound on venues where it is desirable

I think the best course of action would be for TVF to restrict such ads via their programing.

As I said we all get different ads based on our internet surfing , once I typed this I realised a stop gap solution is to clear Cookies, and once I did this and reloaded TVF the targeted ad was gone and replaced with a set of generic ones. I am sure another one will return, and U guess I can keep deleting surfing data and Cookies.

A permanent solution  would be for TVF to filter such ads via ad filtering system.

Edited by sirineou
typo