#DontTellMeHowToDress: Thai women clap back at govt advice to cover up at Songkran

webfact

21 hours ago, rkidlad said:

They’re right. Women can dress how they want. If some people can’t control their sexual urges, they should stay home and sit in an ice bath. Because the problem is theirs and no one else’s. 

Your post made me think of character, played by Les Dawson, who went by the name Basil Smallpiece.

???

• Like 1

I agree they can dress how ever they like.

I also agree men should not grope.

But I draw the line on in public not being able to stare. What ever they wear may or could attract attention if for no other reason than curiousity  Guys may stare to try and figure out how large are those boobs, or was that a nipple? If they are out there people will  be curious  or want to compare with others they have seen. Same with ass,legs what ever.. It is like cleavage I look to see exactly how much the woman is showing not to just have a peek. I like to get an idea of what she is showing then I think why is she showing.Seldom go back for second look.Do not want to be called a  dirty old man.

And we read far to regularly about females who are soberly dressed getting into taxis in broad daylight only to find the driver jerking off while driving because the passenger made him feel "horny" or the monk on a bus having a hand shandy because maybe the female 2 seats away got him hot and bothered, these are just casual observations from the stories on here, young girls being taken to school, is that fair game also ?? Just how are women supposed to dress if during their daily lives they are abused like this. 

Just how would the government like every female to dress ? Follow the example set by their Muslim sisters perhaps.

4 minutes ago, lovelomsak said:

Me too. I have seen women wear beautiful sexy clinging dress's but wear shorts under the dress and it destroys the whole thing.

Why not ask them to remove their shorts , tell them that you cannot see their body shape properly  , and you would like to see the shape on their bum without her wearing shorts ?

Is the girl in the photo, with her a*se hanging out: 

A) A silly slapper pandering to male objectification.

B) A fourth-wave feminist expressing her sexual freedom, independence and equality. 

C) The ghost of Mother Teresa.

Answers on a dirty postcard, please, along with your opinion of whether or not she is "asking for it". .

Edited by Krataiboy
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

Is the girl in the photo, with her a*se hanging out: 

A) A silly slapper pandering to male objectification.

B) A fourth-wave feminist expressing her sexual freedom, independence and equality. 

C) The ghost of Mother Teresa.

Answers on a dirty postcard, please, along with your opinion of whether or not she is "asking for it". .

Google  Cosmo Smallpiece Nursery Rhymes for your answer.

???

7 hours ago, lovelomsak said:

I agree they can dress how ever they like.

I also agree men should not grope.

But I draw the line on in public not being able to stare. What ever they wear may or could attract attention if for no other reason than curiousity  Guys may stare to try and figure out how large are those boobs, or was that a nipple? If they are out there people will  be curious  or want to compare with others they have seen. Same with ass,legs what ever.. It is like cleavage I look to see exactly how much the woman is showing not to just have a peek. I like to get an idea of what she is showing then I think why is she showing.Seldom go back for second look.Do not want to be called a  dirty old man.

It is like cleavage I look to see exactly how much the woman is showing not to just have a peek. I like to get an idea of what she is showing then I think why is she showing.Seldom go back for second look.Do not want to be called a  dirty old man.

• Haha 1

#SocialMediaIsTotallyUseless

However, I agree. I want to walk around naked doing helicopters with my willy and no one should say a word or gawd forbid touch my tools. 

Edited by DrTuner
Preaching
  • Haha 1

I don't think it is the general male that is the problem with these girls it is the ego macho male with a skin full of alcohol that always causes the problems so maybe they should ban alcohol and that would also make the roads safer

• Thanks 2

On 3/28/2018 at 8:04 PM, DM07 said:

Way to go, ladies!

If rape or groping happens, there is only one to blame!

The rapist or groper!

Not the lady!

Not a thong!

Not a see-through- shirt!

Not a wet T-shirt!

End of!

Correct.

On 3/28/2018 at 7:04 PM, DM07 said:

Way to go, ladies!

If rape or groping happens, there is only one to blame!

The rapist or groper!

Not the lady!

Not a thong!

Not a see-through- shirt!

Not a wet T-shirt!

End of!

I totally agree. 

These rapist's and gropers make it unpleasant for all of us. 

I find women who are clothed but are revealing,or accenting  areas if their body much more sexy than nudes. Times like songkran us who love the female shape get a buffet of visual delights. Clinging wet tshirts etc. I hope the women love what they are doing and having a good time doing it. Keep expressing yourselves ladies.

On 3/29/2018 at 1:19 PM, Parsve said:

In which century is Thailand? Put the guilt on the victim.

I have the right to wander down walking street at 4:00 AM with $100 bills hanging out of my pockets.  I have the right to leave my car running with the A/C on while I’m in a restaurant eating dinner.  I have the right to leave my front and back doors open to get cross flow while I’m sleeping.  And women have the right to dress as provocatively as they want among a bunch of drunk revelers.

But all of those behaviors and actions increase our risk of becoming victims.  None of them excuse the guy who would rob me of my $100’s, steal my car, break into my home while I’m sleeping, or grope the woman who’s dressed provocatively.

If the general were to suggest keeping my $100s out of sight, take my car keys into the restaurant, or lock my front door, nobody would bat an eyelash.  Yet, when he suggests that women reduce their risk of becoming a victim by not dressing provocatively, he’s derided to no end.

And if I got robbed of my $100s, my car got stolen, or somebody wandered in and ransacked my home while I was sleeping, the TVF brigade wouldn’t cut me an inch of slack just because I was within my rights.

Like it or not- right or wrong -our actions affect our risks of becoming a victim.  The perpetrators are never justified, but the reality is that there are perpetrators out there waiting for opportunities.  It isn’t fair, but neither is the world.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎03‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 1:21 PM, impulse said:

I have the right to wander down walking street at 4:00 AM with $100 bills hanging out of my pockets.  I have the right to leave my car running with the A/C on while I’m in a restaurant eating dinner.  I have the right to leave my front and back doors open to get cross flow while I’m sleeping.  And women have the right to dress as provocatively as they want among a bunch of drunk revelers.

But all of those behaviors and actions increase our risk of becoming victims.  None of them excuse the guy who would rob me of my $100’s, steal my car, break into my home while I’m sleeping, or grope the woman who’s dressed provocatively.

If the general were to suggest keeping my $100s out of sight, take my car keys into the restaurant, or lock my front door, nobody would bat an eyelash.  Yet, when he suggests that women reduce their risk of becoming a victim by not dressing provocatively, he’s derided to no end.

And if I got robbed of my $100s, my car got stolen, or somebody wandered in and ransacked my home while I was sleeping, the TVF brigade wouldn’t cut me an inch of slack just because I was within my rights.

Like it or not- right or wrong -our actions affect our risks of becoming a victim.  The perpetrators are never justified, but the reality is that there are perpetrators out there waiting for opportunities.  It isn’t fair, but neither is the world.

Perfect post and the most intelligent answer to the problem so far.

Women have to take care of themselves and not dress like they are advertising free sexual pleasures in these situations if they want to avoid unwanted sexual attention. 

Same as me not walking around alone late at night in a known rough part of town wearing huge amounts of expensive gold, or, keeping my life savings sitting on my garden wall every day and night with no protection.  

The photo of the women in the bar wearing a thong.... why is she dressed like that?  It's not to look beautiful, smart or sophisticated.  It's not for comfort or practicality.  It's not for fashion or religious reasons.  It is to make her a sexual object.  She wants men to lust over her sexy body.  Nothing wrong with that at all.  But if she gets her bottom felt or has men eyeing her body she has no excuse to feel sexually assaulted or try to say he is an innocent victim of perverted men.

28 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Perfect post and the most intelligent answer to the problem so far.

Women have to take care of themselves and not dress like they are advertising free sexual pleasures in these situations if they want to avoid unwanted sexual attention. 

Same as me not walking around alone late at night in a known rough part of town wearing huge amounts of expensive gold, or, keeping my life savings sitting on my garden wall every day and night with no protection.  

The photo of the women in the bar wearing a thong.... why is she dressed like that?  It's not to look beautiful, smart or sophisticated.  It's not for comfort or practicality.  It's not for fashion or religious reasons.  It is to make her a sexual object.  She wants men to lust over her sexy body.  Nothing wrong with that at all.  But if she gets her bottom felt or has men eyeing her body she has no excuse to feel sexually assaulted or try to say he is an innocent victim of perverted men.

Rubbish!

"But if she gets her bottom felt or has men eyeing her body she has no excuse to feel sexually assaulted or try to say he is an innocent victim of perverted men."

If someone looks at her...so what?!

But no one - I repeat: NO ONE- is allowed to touch her, without her consent!

There is no ambiguity!

If she invites you to touch her butt...gives consent to you doing it...there is no problem!

But even if she were butt- naked (pun intended) and you would touch her assets against her will...YOU are to blame and not her!

...and stop, making up silly stories of walking around in a rough part of town, covered in jewelery or leaving your car running and the doors open!

There are plenty of women out on Songkhran, who dress "properly", as you might say, and still getting groped, because some braindead idiot can not control his urges, when he sees a woman in shorts or a short skirt!