Thailand and Cambodia the most deadly destinations for young British travellers

webfact

I find that this survey is flawed like most surveys are. Many people who have British Passports, were not

born in Britain. They could be from a number of different countries and had many different health problems.

Same as the Australians or many other people of the world who moved to another country and got their

citizenship.  Otherwise it seems that Britain is a very horrible country, so much so that such a high number

from there go on vacation, only to die out of country, then be considered a dead Britain, when in fact they

were from somewhere else, except for the last few to several years of their lives.  A big reason that I doubt

most surveys, using a country for examples.

Geezer

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Prove it.

Easy to prove.

A) the statistics should be done according to total number of days spent by the young visitors, not their numbers. 100 visitors spending one week each is not the same as 100 visitors spending  2 weeks each.

B) small number statistics. When you deal with numbers as small as a few units, the error is square root which in the case of 11 deaths amounts to +/-30% error making the extrapolation rubbish.

And a few more that I am too uninterested to write down.

• Thanks 2

22 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Come on, Thailand.  A little more work and you can claim this #1 spot just like you did road accidents. 

think they got their maths wrong cambodia is top with 8 dead out of 100,000 and thailand  with 6 dead out of 100,000   is second , with spain 4 dead out of 1,000,000 = 1 dead in 250,000 further down the list