Saen Saeb canal boat service closing for Songkran holidays

webfact

Saen Saeb canal boat service closing for Songkran holidays

By The Nation

0a1a3cbbbfaadf3aa2ccc760e32e512e.jpg

FILE photo

The popular shuttle boat services on Bangkok’s Saen Saeb Canal will be closed three days starting April 13 during Songkran.

Chaowalit Methayaprapas, managing director of the Family Transport Company, said the services will resume on April 16.

He said the company decided to close the services so that its employees could return to their home provinces to celebrate Thailand’s New Year.

Chaowalit said that during the summer school holidays, the number of passengers have dropped from about 50,000 a day to about 40,000 a day.

The Saen Saeb Canal boat services are popular among residents of Eastern Bangkok as the fastest way to enter the inner city without facing road-traffic snarls.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30342073

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-03-30

i use it regularly when in BKK usually from NIDA to tonglor. always been pretty impressed with the boat operators skills. so much better than most car driving skills here. apart from that smelly, noisy, hot and dangerous but faster than going through traffic and seriously cheap

Edited by Happy enough
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Happy enough said:

i use it regularly when in BKK usually from NIDA to tonglor. always been pretty impressed with the boat operators skills. so much better than most car driving skills here. apart from that smelly, noisy, hot and dangerous but faster than going through traffic and seriously cheap

..."dangerous"? Are you serious?

7 minutes ago, Krungbin said:

yeah mate. saw a guy get squished between the boat and the jetty a few years back. dangerous

**only last year one blew up due to ill maintenance to i think. like i said. dangerous

oh and the water, good luck getting that in your mouth 555

Edited by Happy enough

50 minutes ago, Krungbin said:

I think the biggest danger is falling into the canal. If I ever do fall in, I would head straight for the hospital to get any shots, antibiotics, etc. that they recommend. I use the Saen Saeb often, can't beat it for getting from point A to point B quickly and cheaply.