DPM Prawit bares all about the wristwatch controversy

webfact

1 hour ago, rkidlad said:

Are you really looking to be bullied today by making more nonsense replies to a sensitive subject? 

Of course it's sensitive to us; the TVForum posters, but apart from a couple a brave young men who are agitating, the average Thai either doesn't understand or worse; care.

Did Little Toad wear high heels or what? How could someone 150cm tall get past the 160cm mark for Thai military service. Or has he simply shrunk? In all new pics of him his head seems nearer his body as though he he trying to get away from the activity.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

26 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Surely that would be the concern of the family, no one else, least of all Thaivisa members.  Does it matter whether he has returned them, what difference does it make if he hasn't?

Because he failed to declare them .thats what its all about.

regards worgeordie

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Samui Bodoh said:

What crap!

The simple fact is that men don't borrow jewelry like that, so I call BS.

Seriously, any guy out there borrow a watch from a friend so that you could look pretty? ANYONE? If a friend of mine asked to borrow a watch so that he could be 'bejeweled', I'd smack him in the face and say "don't be a chick!!!" Men do NOT borrow jewelry.

This is NOT credible.

Period.

When did he say he wanted to look pretty?

Just your opinion that men don't borrow watches. 

What really concerns me  / disappoints me is that a man in such a senior position is playing such a childish game of wearing different watches, not quickly realizing that he should stop it, allowing the controversy to continue so long, and at the same time occupying the time of various police etc., when he should have been focused on important affairs of state. 

• Like 1

The court of public opinion has decided and found him an incorrigible and corrupt man and Prayuth's promise of eradicating corruption is just a bag of hot air and an excuse to go after his political enemies. Plus the NACC is a junta crony corruption agencies filled with junta sycophants. That's all that matters.

18 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Of course it's sensitive to us; the TVForum posters, but apart from a couple a brave young men who are agitating, the average Thai either doesn't understand or worse; care.

Did Little Toad wear high heels or what? How could someone 150cm tall get past the 160cm mark for Thai military service. Or has he simply shrunk? In all new pics of him his head seems nearer his body as though he he trying to get away from the activity.

I think possibly the proverbial brown envelope makes someone a lot taller, when dealing with army or police to gain rank here in LOS!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

"But they are often in the public eye.."

And often they are not!

"You can't compare not being able to find a billionaire on Google with not being able to find yourself".

I can if that person also has no public profile!

"That's a false equivalency because you're an absolute nobody". 

That's just your opinion (and anyone else's who now jumps in)!

Yea, no one cares about billionaires. This man clearly avoided public attention. Begs the question why he had so many expensive watches, though. Not humble in the traditional sense. 

• Confused 1

anyhow it's all about the fun,

in Ticking off a Seconded tall poppy (even though he's Minute short)

He's simply the m(o)an of the moment,

the Tock of the town, 

covered in Ticks...

...and gets Wound up very easily

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, sammieuk1 said:

With new rules on everything everyday its very easy to forget what rules have been rescinded a day later even for a general its called bling blind .

welcome to politics and spin

1 hour ago, JOC said:

Tried to google the generous billionaire Patthavart Suksriwong.....

He doesn't exist....!!

You would think the a wealthy businessman would be somewhere on Google....But zero, zilch, nada...

So another lie?

All lost in Google translate, he Originally said Pathological Sowrong.

• Haha 1

He originally said the watches were lent to him by friends. And now it’s just a friend. 

Back in January:

He told reporters at Government House on Tuesday that he borrowed all of the timepieces from friends and only wore them infrequently. The watches have since been returned to their owners, he claimed

Edited by TeaMonkey
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TeaMonkey said:

He originally said the watches were lent to him by friends. And now it’s just a friend. 

... and any written request to that friend to respond, ends up in the 'dead' letter bin

2 hours ago, JOC said:

He doesn't exist....!!

You would think the a wealthy businessman would be somewhere on Google....But zero, zilch, nada...

So another lie?

I tried the same and got three hits - all of which relate to this article. 

Odd that he leaves no electronic trail being so rich??

Doesn't even appear in the top 50 of Thailand's forbes list for 2014. (2014 chosen as he should be alive then...if he existed that is). Forbes thailand billionaires

So I wonder what business he was in? That needs to be the next question. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crossy said:

Yeah, tried it with the Thai name (pulled from a "watch" article in the Thai press).

Nothing other than other watch articles in my (admittedly quick) search.

And surely, since the gentleman has passed away the watches are part of his estate and should be returned to the family. Unless of course they were left to k. Prawit in his will (which will shortly appear methinks).

Ah, you can see into the future. The winning numbers for the next lottery while you're at it, please.

3 hours ago, JOC said:

He doesn't exist....!!

Well i Google MY own name..NOTHING..so who am i ..maybe a Ghost..;-)

3 hours ago, JOC said:

So another lie?

• Like 1

The entire watch theater has been running for over four months and almost all Thai people laugh about it.

The damage in terms of credibility is huge. And now, after four months, he comes out with the alleged truth?

Why did he not clear that up on the first day? Any other government would immediately fire such a member for damaging the government's reputation. This case has all the elements like Inability, stupidity, lies, negligence, etc. Is he still suitable to hold such a high office?

Edited by tomacht8
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

The entire watch theater has been running for over four months and almost all Thai people laugh about it.

The damage in terms of credibility is huge. And now, after four months, he comes out with the alleged truth?

Why did he not clear that up on the first day? Any other government would immediately fire such a member for damaging the government's reputation. This case has all the elements like Inability, stupidity, lies, negligence, etc. If someone is still suitable to hold such a high office?

You ain't seen nothing yet. Wait for the "elections" in 2028.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, DuiDui48 said:

Well i Google MY own name..NOTHING..so who am i ..maybe a Ghost..;-)

No...you are just a nobody, compared to a Thai- billionaire business- tycoon!

See the difference?

4 hours ago, maxcorrigan said:

I think possibly the proverbial brown envelope makes someone a lot taller, when dealing with army or police to gain rank here in LOS!

Little Toad must have been standing on them, at measurement time, before handing them over.

Edited by owl sees all