Pattaya hospital under fire as accident victim turned away because they have no thread for stitches

webfact

Pattaya hospital under fire as accident victim turned away because they have no thread for stitches

7pm.jpg

Picture: 77Jowo

Pattaya City Hospital was scurrying to offer explanations after a rescue organisation described them as not fit for purpose.

A victim of an accident at the Excite area in Sai 3 was taken to the ER room at the hospital. The victim was unconscious.

But the doctor there turned the rescue team away saying they had no thread to do stitches.

The story was posted online causing much adverse comment from the public as the rescue organisation blasted the hospital.

They had to go a long way away with the victim to another hospital to get treatment, reported 77Jowo.

Hospital spokeswoman Jidaphat Worasittanon offered an apology saying that a new executive committee had just been appointed.

She promised to look into the lack of surgical thread claim and promised it won't happen again and that the new executive will improve things.

Source: 77Jowo

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-04-03
  • Confused 1

I got another one for you. 

I have to catheter 4 times a day because I cannot pass urine. For the last 3 years I have gone to a hospital in Khon Kaen to get my medical supplies,cotton balls.alcoho;,povodine,gel, normal seline.

My wife suggested we get everything at the local hospital. So off we went to the local hospital. The doctor said ok we can do it  for you  what do you need . We told him he ordered it. 

When we went to the pharmacy area we were told they do not have alcohol,or gel and only one bottle of povidine.  This is a hospital with out supplies so I think it is more commen than we think.

Now I understand why the musician Bodyslam ran across Thailand for the hospitals.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, stevkob said:

A tube of super glue or a stapler would have done the job

Those doctors need to watch more television

I was told once that super glue was originally made for combat zone medics to use to seal wounds in a quick painless way. 

8 minutes ago, lovelomsak said:

I was told once that super glue was originally made for combat zone medics to use to seal wounds in a quick painless way. 

Fairly close. It was tried for making plastic gun sights.

Was discovered/made by accident in two different areas, one was Eastman Kodak 1942?? The other I can't remember at the moment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

Well i have heard some BS excuses for people not doing their job, but this 1 takes the award for 1 of the most original. 

Agreed. If they didn't have sutures how could they do anything surgically?

If for some strange reason they didn't actually have any, they could have sent someone to another hospital to get some.

Perhaps there was some other reason they didn't want to treat the patient, and that was the best they could think of at the time.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lovelomsak said:

I have to catheter 4 times a day because I cannot pass urine. For the last 3 years I have gone to a hospital in Khon Kaen to get my medical supplies,cotton balls.alcoho;,povodine,gel, normal seline.

My wife suggested we get everything at the local hospital. So off we went to the local hospital. The doctor said ok we can do it  for you  what do you need . We told him he ordered it. 

When we went to the pharmacy area we were told they do not have alcohol,or gel and only one bottle of povidine.  This is a hospital with out supplies so I think it is more commen than we think.

Now I understand why the musician Bodyslam ran across Thailand for the hospitals.

Was this a government hospital or Ram or  Bangkok Hospital  or  other?

Hospitals should be on top of reordering supplies.

32 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Pretty much the same principle as the local electricians that don't need meters and the local mechanics that don't need tools to do sub-standard or no work.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lovelomsak said:

I did not intent it to be understood as corruption . More like lack funds to order supplies. Or are to lazy and could care less to order supplies.

Lack of funds could be correct.

When at the local hospital got prescription from doctor my wife took it to the pharmacy and was told no have, come back next week, start of the new month.

Apparently the funds for buying supplies was finished until next month.

9 minutes ago, colinneil said:

When at the local hospital got prescription from doctor my wife took it to the pharmacy and was told no have, come back next week, start of the new month.

Total distrust by suppliers who insist on cash and won't part with goods and issue them on an invoice. Plus cash doesn't have the same tracability as a paperwork trail.

Just sayin' could be.

24 minutes ago, petermik said:

I heard a different take on this.........not sure I,m allowed to post so I,ll try and be subtle (never known before) OK sometimes folk are turned away as they don,t appear to have funds for payment.......:sad:

That's a fair question.

Sorry, I've heard other comments about Pattaya City.

Do people go there out of thrift concerns?

Edited by watcharacters

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If for some strange reason they didn't actually have any, they could have sent someone to another hospital to get some.

Perhaps there was some other reason they didn't want to treat the patient, and that was the best they could think of at the time.

SOLUTION...Buy the hospital a horse yes a horse...my father was an ambulance officer in the 8th Light  Horse Regiment  in WW1.  patched up hundreds of soldiers with hair from the tail of a horse.  Standard practice in The Light Horse in WW1.  Might find a few horses down on the beach.  Simple solution???

Edited by David Walden

Did the hospital not sue the rescue organization (and maybe the victim and whoever posted the story) for defaming them ? 

Seems to be the way to go these days if you want to cover up the truth about things. 

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

Yes, but what exactly did they buy with last months funds?

Edited by NanLaew
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, David Walden said:

Might find a few horses down on the beach.

Haven't seen any horses on Pattaya Beach. We do have an awful lot of asses around there, though, in more ways than one.

Edited by JSixpack
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, lovelomsak said:

I did not intent it to be understood as corruption . More like lack funds to order supplies. Or are to lazy and could care less to order supplies.

You expect that there is a management process looking after these items, ensuring they are ordered in a timely manner and managed totally so they never run out, or they even borrow from another hospital just to be sure they have enough supplies if there is a crisis.

Your in the wrong country.

My university had no toilet paper (some 20 overall toilet rooms (counting male and female) and each toilet room has with 5 or 8 cubicles).

Why, the lady who orders the toilet paper was way too busy operating her on-line shopping business, when she should have been doing the uni. job she's assigned to.

Several documents have to be approved before an order can be placed and it takes months to get the approvals, hence no toilet paper for 6 months.

Pointless to say anything to the lady concerned, she doesn't care. When other uni staff are in a uni discussion with her she takes calls from her on-line shopping customers, sometimes 20 minutes, and tries to handle both conversations / discussions at the same time.  

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, lovelomsak said:

have to catheter 4 times a day  Ibecause I cannot pass urine. For the last 3 years I have gone to a hospital in Khon Kaen to get my medical supplies,cotton balls.alcoho;,povodine,gel, normal seline.

have to catheter 4 times a day.....

why you can't do it by yourself or your wife cannot do??? Very strange....!:sleep:

• Sad 1