Summer storms predicted for Thursday and Friday

webfact

Summer storms predicted for Thursday and Friday

By The Nation

RAIN.jpg

FILE photo

Residents in the North, Northeast, and Central regions, including Bangkok and its vicinity, and the East are warned of summer thunderstorms with gusty winds, possible hail and isolated heavy rain on Thursday and Friday.

In its weather warning issued on Wednesday, the Thai Meteorological Department said a high-pressure system from China would cover upper Thailand and a westerly trough would prevail over the North. This would lead to summer thunderstorms on Thursday and Friday.

People should stay safe from severe conditions, including possible flash floods, and keep away from unsecured buildings and outdoor areas. Farmers should beware of crop damage, the department said.

From Saturday until Monday, the easterly winds will get stronger with more rain and isolated heavy downpours in Phetchaburi, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Chumphon, Surat Thani, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Phatthalung, Songkhla, Ranong, Phangnga, Phuket and Trang, the department said.

With up to three-metre-high waves expected in the Gulf of Thailand and the Andaman Sea, all ships should proceed with caution, the department said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30342435

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-04-04

15 minutes ago, marko kok prong said:

I like the rain,it has been very hot where i live,but the wind the other day precceding the storm was very scary indeed,almost like a mini tornado

We had the same and it must have damaged something in the grid as we had a power surge that threw the trips on the transformer at the end of the soi. The gusts only lasted 10 minutes or so but were powerful.

Have to admit they were out to reset everything within 20 thirty minutes. ??

From Saturday until Monday, the easterly winds will get stronger with more rain and isolated heavy downpours in Phetchaburi, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Chumphon, Surat Thani, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Phatthalung, Songkhla, Ranong, Phangnga, Phuket and Trang, the department said.

They do not seem to know where the northeast is? Are we Isaanjeros safe?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Berkshire said:

I hope this forecast is true in the north.  We are in desperate need of rain in Chiang Mai to clear the air.  About two full days of non-stop rain should do it.

yes indeed.  It was so nice that so much of the pollution has been blown away and we've seen the sun and the sky for the first time in a while.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

They do not seem to know where the northeast is? Are we Isaanjeros safe?

Residents in the North, Northeast, and Central regions, including Bangkok and its vicinity, and the East are warned of summer thunderstorms with gusty winds, possible hail and isolated heavy rain on Thursday and Friday.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

I like the rain,it has been very hot where i live,but the wind the other day precceding the storm was very scary indeed,almost like a mini tornado

My wife has had three very large trees too close to our house in an adjacent field taken down as she's afraid of them falling on the house. Last year we lost most of a teak tree and several others were uprooted. Scary indeed.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

Nothing to be scared of.  It's called a microburst and is just the air running vertically down the front of the storm before becoming horizontal. Unless of course you are in a tornado zone, then all bets or off!