Poll -- if you knew you would live 10 years longer would you be willing to severely limited your calories?

Jingthing

Poll -- if you knew you would live 10 years longer would you be willing to severely limit your calories?  

89 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, transam said:

My point was coconut oil is used in Indian food where another said it wasn't..

They also use coconut milk...

You said Indian curries were your fav due to coconut

But needed google to find some dishes

5 minutes ago, transam said:

My point was coconut oil is used in Indian food where another said it wasn't..

They also use coconut milk...

Trans, I would not know, not taking sides here I know virtually nothing about Indian cooking. Indonesian was more something in the Netherlands. Indian in the UK, because both were colonies of our countries. 

13 minutes ago, Justfine said:

You said Indian curries were your fav due to coconut

But needed google to find some dishes

I never said "due to"..Get your facts right, I said I "thought" Indian curries used coconut oil and milk extensively...I found by reading they do in many dishes..

You keep saying they don't, so are you saying my links are false and you know they are wrong...?

11 minutes ago, Justfine said:

Your words....

Most Indian curries don't.

Why don't you open another tread about food with coconut something. Then you can write about that all day and night and other people can write in this thread "Poll -- if you knew you would live 10 years longer would you be willing to severely limited your calories?" about the topic.

That would be a win win situation for everyone.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, transam said:

I never said "due to"..Get your facts right, I said I "thought" Indian curries used coconut oil and milk extensively...I found by reading they do in many dishes..

You keep saying they don't, so are you saying my links are false and you know they are wrong...?

Forget it. If you have no idea what's in your "fav curries" it's a pointless argument.

Vindaloo, Rogan Josh, Butter Chicken, Korma and Madras are common curries.

Go try then instead of using google.

Longevity is not in my plans.

I ate right took ,exercised, got my rest. Did not save me. I lost my bladder 3 years ago.

I was talking to my sister in Canada yesterday. We agreed that after a certain age why do we care if we live or not?

She shared with me how she has hoarded sleeping pills in case she ever just makes the decision to end it. I agree with her when life loses its appeal why live. She made the DNR letter. One grandson ask her why she did that She explained if she has a heart attack she has a heart attack she is tired of hanging on and lingering with poor health.

Leaves me with a question. How many members here in their old age feel they still have quality if life?

2 minutes ago, lovelomsak said:

I ate right took ,exercised, got my rest. Did not save me. I lost my bladder 3 years ago.

I was talking to my sister in Canada yesterday. We agreed that after a certain age why do we care if we live or not?

She shared with me how she has hoarded sleeping pills in case she ever just makes the decision to end it. I agree with her when life loses its appeal why live. She made the DNR letter. One grandson ask her why she did that She explained if she has a heart attack she has a heart attack she is tired of hanging on and lingering with poor health.

Leaves me with a question. How many members here in their old age feel they still have quality if life?

People over 85yo have mostly told me their zest for life is gone and would be happy to fall asleep and not wake up.

I usually find people under 80 still have plans and zest for life.

Rupert Murdoch set 20 year goals when he turned 80.

4 minutes ago, lovelomsak said:

Life longevity, the aging process and dealing with it is really up to the individual, after all we probably start dying off in our thirties, we can see it in the mirror and our body change..

I don't think our life span is written in stone, many factors are involved, especially what one is born with, the genes. Then we must take into account stuff endured during employment, eating habits, exposure to harmful stuff and it's effects over a period of time.

I personally got my head in gear to get back in the gym and fool around with weights again, at my age it could kill me but the transformation has been amazing..:stoner:

Recent convert to the '10 hour diet' which involves restricting calories to 10 hour window every 24 hours. Very simple to follow,  no calorie counting. Initially experienced lower energy as earlier poster reported, slept more than usual,  but after started exercising, energy level actually increased above prior to diet. Issue isn't simply increasing longevity.  It's about maintaining quality of life, mobility and avoiding chronic disease and care and medical expense and burden on others. Fasting also provides spiritual rewards. Older brother has fasted periodically for decades and still has black hair in late 60's. 

On 4/5/2018 at 12:52 PM, kannot said:

My Mothers  90 she eats  like a horse, I once said to an ole  bloke I knew  well, if  u quit smoking you might live to be 100, he was 93 at the time, he said "what makes you think i want to live to be 100"!!!, he died not  long after, nice guy , used to fly Lancaster Bombers in the war guess he knew death could be along anytime back then.

It's kinda like the old joke. Who wants to live to be 100...the bloke who is 99. I'm in no rush to toddle off, your dead for a bloody long time. As long as I am mobile and in full possession of my faculties I would stoked to bat over a tonne.

I have done, but I have cut down on sugar, alchohol, carbs for living healthier to I die, not to live to I am 100. I do not care of my time is up when I am 50, 60, 70, or 100. I just hope mye energy and joy last all the way :D

Edited by Hummin

Just now, Hummin said:

I have done, but I have cut down on sugar, alchohol, carbs for living healthier to I die, not to live to I am 100. I do not care of my time is up when I am 50, 60, 70, or 100. I just hope mye energy last all the way :D