Robbed Canadian tourists say "we'll definitely be back" as Bo Phut police roll out the red carpet

snoop1130

Robbed Canadian tourists say "we'll definitely be back" as Bo Phut police roll out the red carpet

Police in Bo Phut, Koh Samui managed to arrest a motorcycle snatch thief after he robbed a Canadian female tourist out walking in Chaweng last Friday.

The tourist ended up with multiple arm and leg injuries after the bag containing cash and credit cards was ripped from her causing her to fall. 

But it was soon all smiles - and a few tears - as the female tourist and her male friend faced the thief after his quick capture. 

There was also some pointing at the evidence as the thief wai-ed in apology.

Channel 7 TV named him as Attaphon Khongchom, in his thirties.

In a video-ed press conference the local police chief pledged 24 hour security for tourists. The female tourist then delivered a small speech after some apparent prompting from another policeman. She said:

"I feel very safe here. (It's) a very nice island and I will definitely come back".

Her male friend then chipped in: "In less than 24 hours it made us feel so much better to get everything back.

"I can't wait to come back to Thailand. I love Thailand".

He said he was overwhelmed.

Following thumbs up pictures the chief then showed the smiling tourists to a waiting chauffeur driven squad car. He shook hands with the man and wished the woman well as they went on their way.

Channel 7 said the thief was caught after he tried to buy things with one of the stolen credit cards. An alert was sent to the tourist's phone that her card was being used and the thief was soon in custody.

Attaphon said he had lost his job, needed his rent and so rented a motorcycle to use in commission of the crime. 

Source: http://news.ch7.com/detail/279152

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-4-4

• Like 1

No mention of what happened to the thief who had to rent a motorcycle to commit his robbery?

[ooops, #7, we both had the same thought at the same time]

Edited by blazes
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Lupatria said:

Will there be a d dozen photographers around when the TAT committee presents flowers and a basket full of essence of chicken at the airport when they leave? :ermm:

i love being robbed in thailand i will definatley be back ????? would anyone with any sense say that , it begs the question how many more people are there out there waiting to rob tourists ? and was he charged or let off ??

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, hobz said:

No mention of punishment for the thief. Surely out on the streets already doing the same thing to the next victims.

Sorry, all relevant authorities (Cops, Attorneys and Judges) are preoccupied in fitting sessions with their tailor, to get their period costumes stitched for Songkran.

Edited by Lupatria
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, LALes said:

Transfered to an inactive post-oh wait, he doesn't have a job.

No job    then    He sounds like just the right man needed at airport security...

2 hours ago, Lupatria said:

Sorry, all relevant authorities (Cops, Attorneys and Judges) are preoccupied in fitting sessions with their tailor, to get their period costumes stitched for Songkran.

51391312.jpg

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

In a video-ed press conference the local police chief pledged 24 hour security for tourists. The female tourist then delivered a small speech after some apparent prompting from another policeman. She said:

"I feel very safe here. (It's) a very nice island and I will definitely come back".

Her male friend then chipped in: "In less than 24 hours it made us feel so much better to get everything back.

"I can't wait to come back to Thailand. I love Thailand".

He said he was overwhelmed.

Following thumbs up pictures the chief then showed the smiling tourists to a waiting chauffeur driven squad car. He shook hands with the man and wished the woman well as they went on their way.

This whole charade is reminiscent of Saddams "Guest News"! :sad:

Related image

Edited by evadgib
  • Confused 1

Geeze do not carry all that crap with you, there is a safe in your room at most hotels. See it all the time in Chiang Mai everyone of them with a back pack on carrying everything they own for a day out

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, Tchooptip said:

To say anything positive when the police are concerned is such blasphemy for some members that this morning they chocked with their coffee going down the wrong way :biggrin:

How do you feel about routinely identifying & exposing vulnerable victims of crime to the worlds media with no thought whatsoever for their privacy...or consent?

Edited by evadgib

16 hours ago, colinneil said:

My keyboard has been playing up, must have been my tears falling on it, as i could not stop laughing at the BS video.

Conversation overheard in the police car, silly bar stewards think we feel safe here, and will be back.

What time is the first flight out of here? 

:omfg: