Songkran this year will be more exuberant

rooster59

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

It estimates consumer spending nationwide will grow by 3-5% this year which will generate no less than 100 billion baht in cash flows during the Songkran holidays from April 12 to 16.

I would dearly love to see the actual figures generated after these brain storming sessions at the end of the period targeted. For all the guestimations that are constantly being done and published for the denizens to WOW over.

Why are these calculations even in the public sector?

Edited by chrisinth
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Ossy said:

Whether the consumer confidence and spending predictions are correct won't be known until long after the people have returned to base.

What excites me, though, about Songkran '18, has little to do with money or spending it. It's the combined effect of what we have read on a number of TVF threads, over the past 3 weeks:-

• There will be no throwing water on main and secondary roads. Prayut himself ordered that . . . I like it.
  • There will be no drunken driving. The RTP and Interior Ministry have, between them, made it mega clear that punishments will be much harsher and that drink-driving will invalidate insurance cover . . . I like that, too.
  • There will be no groping of people, of either sex, by other people, unless requested, of course, with the RTP threatening 10-year jail for loose-fingered folks. Unbelievable, I'm starting to think.

In fact, Songkran 2018 is going to be more like like Songkran 1918 . . . if the Junta are good for their money . . . and I DO LIKE THAT!

None of the above will take place... Thais will do what they've always done at Songkran

get wet, get pissed, go home!

No laws of the land or threats from above will water it down!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Benmart said:

There must be a handbook with slogans, programs, contests, surveys and announcements, whose purpose is to muddle, confuse and cloak the true condition of this land.

There is.............Image result for the book of smoke and mirrors