Most exciting motorcycle you ever ridden

Moo du

What s the most exciting motorcycle you ever ridden or owned?

Do share your personal best and the features and/or the story that made it unique.

Travel stories are always interesting. Any photo, would help.

Not a competition. We talk about the motorcycles we fell in love with.

So my most exciting was the Honda CBR1000RR 2018.

Size and feel as a light 600cc. Good riding position. All controls soft and within reach.

Agile handling. Engine soft on the low, great hp on the high. The sound of the exhaust is

intoxicating. Sounds like you re driving a muzzled F14. Very frendly 140 hp!

I rode it for a couple of days all around Phuket. Most beautifull piece : Patong to Kata,

late afternoon.It felt like I was flying above the road at 130km/h

Reason to love Thailand #012.

Photo-0139.jpg

Photo-0138.jpg

Edited by Moo du
  • Like 2

As a lover of the chook chasers (dirt bikes) the best I've ridden are various 500cc two strokes, WR, KX and the widow making CR 500 and CR 480. Had a KTM 950 dual purpose bike for a few years, brilliant on road and off. Now riding the bulletproof Honda XR650. Only ridden a few road bikes, and will never forget spending four days riding around Chiang Mai/Lampang area on a Ducati 900SS in the early 2000's. Great thread!

IMGP2038.JPG

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ezzra said:

My dearly beloved 1964 Vespa GS MK II, had to scour the world to find

a good one, found her in the US and shipped her to Melbourne as it's not possible to ship to BKK, what a pity as i would have loved to ride her everday...

There are so many places here in LOS that rebuild Vespa's that nobody should pine for them.  Go out and find one!

Just now, transam said:

Well I was riding underage, ended up in court many times for riding stuff, speeding, making a noise.banned twice after l got a license..That was over half a century back, but there was a police force that actually did their job, as l found out..

And that's kind of my point.  We weren't intellectually or morally superior to the Thais that are always being bashed here.  We just lived under a system that was rigged to reward safer behavior.  Or rather, nip unsafe behavior in the bud, hopefully before the tragedy.  Though I did lose several friends in high school to high speed auto accidents.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, impulse said:

Anyone else feeling the disconnect between the 200 kph stories and all the Thai bashing that goes on for the very same kind of thing?

For my sake, it was less cars on road, and the standard on the roads had a bit higher quality. Not so many surprises on roads you knew bether than your pockets, and we had proper training and sertification system. In Thailand you can expect everything and anything going to happen in the next few seconds. Caotic is the best describing word for the traffic picture down here. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, impulse said:

And that's kind of my point.  We weren't intellectually or morally superior to the Thais that are always being bashed here.  We just lived under a system that was rigged to reward safer behavior.  Or rather, nip unsafe behavior in the bud, hopefully before the tragedy.  Though I did lose several friends in high school to high speed auto accidents.

I don't bash Thai kids for being kids because I was a rascal on two or four wheels, it's what kids do...Well rascals do...

But even being a rascal I did use a bit of common sense, never had an accident on two wheels, oh, l did when l was 14, my first ride on a scooter, broke my arm...:sad:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, transam said:

I don't bash Thai kids for being kids because I was a rascal on two or four wheels, it's what kids do...Well rascals do...

But even being a rascal I did use a bit of common sense, never had an accident on two wheels, oh, l did when l was 14, my first ride on a scooter, broke my arm...

First time I ever took a scooter out, my buddy Dave Murray foolishly let me take his much loved Honda 350 for a spin.  I dumped the clutch and the bike returned the favor.  Turns out that even the 350 had more power than the mini-bikes we grew up with.

I'd have to say that was my most exciting scooter ride.  But not in a good way...

Edited by impulse

35 minutes ago, impulse said:

Anyone else feeling the disconnect between the 200 kph stories and all the Thai bashing that goes on for the very same kind of thing?

Your correct policing and social media did for the 200kph stories in the west unfortunately not here crashing seams not to hurt. 

6 hours ago, 55Jay said:

Suzuki GS1100 when I was 14~15 years old.  It weighed more than I did. By a lot.                                                                                                                                60 mph in 1st gear, tears flowing out of my eyes, I managed to get this beautiful beast turned around and back to where I started.  Haven't ridden anything that powerful since.  Just not interested.  But.  No doubt. THAT was the most exciting, and petrifying, motorcycle ride I've ever taken.

I had one too the GS1100EX. It was Damm Fast.  use to take it to a drag strip. Very nice bike with the most comfortable seat of any bike

5 minutes ago, ebonykap said:

The month after my last payment, someone stole it from my carport. THAT was a very sad day 

As much as something like that sucks, I generally get some solace by figuring that it was a kindness from the Universe, saving me from the fiery crash that I was going to have in the near future.